TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am a huge supporter of law enforcement, I do hope that when the dust settles we can get more answers as to why this case took so long to hit the media. Was it because of Christmas? That has bugged me since the first post on the first thread. Has anyone heard a reasonable answer to this question?

That's plausible. I'm also not ruling out a sexual motive yet either. It's unusual but not unheard of for a female perp (Melissa H with Sandra Cantu). Mona could have already assaulted Jonathan when she realized Angela was almost home so panicked and took him with her.

We're thinking along the same lines. Very plausible. And that might explain why she burnt him... thinking it would rid any of her dna on Jonathan.

jmo

I want to thank the hard-working mods for keeping us all in line. This is an emotional case and I appreciate how professional and fantastic you all are.

Remember for Jonathan sake let's keep this thread moving and always on topic. No room for the type of forum games other places play. Those just don't work on Websleuths.

One quick thing I wanted to mention.

I have personally worked with Isabelle Zehnder. Isabelle is a reporter for the Examiner.com

Some of you don't hold the Examiner.com in high regard which is your right.

I just want to assure you that after working with Isabelle on other cases through the Examiner.com I can say without question she is thorough, hard-working, honest, and works literally day and night to get to the real truth.

She worked hard today to talk to the Houston Police to get some things cleared up about this case.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ase-houston-police-clears-conflicting-reports

Isabelle is a fantastic reporter and person I trust. When she posts a report at the Examiner I know the facts have been checked, sources have spoken to her, and she has made sure what she posts is correct.

Thank you so much for caring about Jonathan and all of our cases on Websleuths. You are incredible.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Isabelle's accuracy showed in her article. I hope she gets the chance to talk to the spokesperson again now that things have changed. We FINALLY, actually had three good articles finally tonight and hers was one.

Oh, and welcome back - we missed you but tried to behave!

She said "no one was suppose to be be at her house", where was Jonathan suppose to be?

From the article, http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-investigation-story,0,3306091.story

"He was here by himself and he was gone between 1:30 and 2:30 [p.m.], that's all I know," said babysitter Sharon Ennamorato, whose house Jonathan was last seen at. "We know a lady answered my phone, we don't know and there was supposed to be nobody in this house."

I hear her saying JF was at her house, by himself, that he disappeared sometime between 1:30 and 2:30, and that a lady answered the phone, which was very strange, because there wasn't supposed to be anyone else in the home, beside's JF. I am going off of speech patterns and grammar typical for people in SE's socio-economic status.

Between stepdads visit and moms arrival home, the accused entered the home, made a couple of calls, and left with a child.
No one seems to have seen or heard anything. The parents covered their own shortcomings. The police were a little slow to react (well they told the family to call to the station to file a missing child report), and the world is missing another innocent child.

At times like this, my own faith is questioned. The world is left with less than stellar parents, a killer capable of gruesome acts, and robbed of a child. There is no justice in that picture.

Renee, how I wish I could reach through the screen and hug you personally.

I do not mean to sound so judgmental, I just wish we could unravel the 'why' of such horrors, so that we could somehow prevent them
Hold your faith strong because we don't know why this path was chosen for Jonathan. It could be many reason's from saving his mother's soul, other's souls, strangers reading the story that might be abusing their kids or not looking out for them and this one story changes them, and or to saving his soul from something he might have become later in life. Who is to say? This is when our Faith in God should be our strongest not our weakest. Just giving you a little pick me up to get back on your faith road because I know it is hard at times.

Coke.gif

So, I'm wondering with so many people stopping by if drugs were kept in this bungalow.

So one of these two scenarios may have happened - and at this point it's not clear:

1) JF never left the house, and both MN and DD stopped by at some point (different times).

2) JF did leave the house, possibly to go to DD's to get a game or play a game or something. DD never went to the house.

I'm leaning towards #1 b/c of the plural "people" that AD uses in one of the above quotes about telling LE which "people" stopped by that day.

Also, I wonder if when SE says that they know JF was gone from 1:30 to 2:30, she may be saying that he "disappeared" sometime between 1:30 - 2:30, not that he was gone for that full hour... Does that make sense?

Your last sentence, yes, I think that is what SE meant.

If MN has a distinctive raspy voice, didn't it ring a bell when she showed up again on Friday? And weren't there cops around to hear it, too? Since she is SE's friend, didn't she think of her as having the raspy voice?

Talk about a reason to want to run a criminal history report on your "friends." I wonder if she knew about her record.

Just to throw more into the game. Looking at MN's social networking site it appears she was in a relationship and it broke up. She's missing who no doubt is the first person on her friends list.

No it's no reason to harm a child at all, but considering her record and boxing career that would be putting this person in one bad mood.

Could SE in some way know that person?

Ironic on TV she enjoys cartoons and forensic science. That little guy was watching cartoons. They were still on when his mom came home.

No doubt IMO that MN has some rage issues. I still think somehow drugs are involved. I am not pointing at this mom who has lost her son in such a horrific way. An unimaginable way, but for someone to be that mad? She's looking for SE's number? You murder a child? For that?

Ok...here's my first ever speculation...it's the engineer in me...I don't like working without facts...:innocent: but, I'm not sure we'll get them on this one until trial...so...

I think someone (SE, AD, DD)---either or all of them---owed Mona money and were avoiding her. She (mona) decides to pop up to try to catch / confront them on Christmas Eve thinking they'll be home...thinking it's Christmas Eve surely one of them will be there.

She sees their not there and uses Jonathan to make the calls - they'll surely answer him, right?

When he can't get room mates number, she calls, as if to show some "authority"; and when she gets nowhere---as in AD couldn't come to phone)---she's convinced they're still avoiding her.

Then AD calls back, she (mona) answers...again, an attempt to assert some authority, by asking Jonathan if that's his mom and wanted AD to hear her and hear Jonathan answer---her idea of a threat.

After she "asserts her authority" she leaves with Jonathan AND the phone, because she 1) wants them to know she was there or 2) wants them to have a little difficulty calling 911 or anyone else.

Then she realizes she has to do something with Jonathan...can't take him back because he'll tell and she'll face more legal problems...she panics, takes him to her house and...well, we know how it ended. I can't even type it...

anyway, i think she did what she did as a way to get rid of him...sounds crazy to us, i know, but she didn't care. In her mind, she just needed to get rid of him and get her $ from either, all, one of them.

i would love to know of room mate had a cell phone! if not and SE knows she doesn't, then i would say that's why she took the phone.

ok...done speculating! that was a huge challenge for me! LOL

If MN has a distinctive raspy voice, didn't it ring a bell when she showed up again on Friday? And weren't there cops around to hear it, too? Since she is SE's friend, didn't she think of her as having the raspy voice?

Talk about a reason to want to run a criminal history report on your "friends." I wonder if she knew about her record.

I wonder if AD confused raspy with husky? Wordwise I mean.

So one of these two scenarios may have happened - and at this point it's not clear:

1) JF never left the house, and both MN and DD stopped by at some point (different times).

2) JF did leave the house, possibly to go to DD's to get a game or play a game or something. DD never went to the house.

I'm leaning towards #1 b/c of the plural "people" that AD uses in one of the above quotes about telling LE which "people" stopped by that day.

Also, I wonder if when SE says that they know JF was gone from 1:30 to 2:30, she may be saying that he "disappeared" sometime between 1:30 - 2:30, not that he was gone for that full hour... Does that make sense?
at this point I go with your #1 too, and I'll add I think DD was there before MN, which I think helped LE find the culprit.
whether this does or does not implicate drug abuse by the adults involved, I don't think mom cared if LE knew she was a user, I think she told all she could, but that's an opinion of mine that is subject to change as media reports update

Those cops are lucky, in that video at MN's house at one point for about 30 seconds all 3 cops had their body turned away from inside the house. What if MN had a gun?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

TWO THINGS strike me in this article: (well more, but I will only post now on two!)
"Davis had moved into the little cottage with Ennamorato on Dec. 14, after she and Jonathan's stepfather, David Davis, split up. She said he had gotten angry and slapped the boy."
-----First, it ticks me off to no extent that this man slapped this child.
---------Second, the sad, sad irony that perhaps the best parenting decision this mom ever made, inadvertently might have led to his demise.

"The only thing missing in this house is his tan T-shirt with a guitar on it, a pair of jeans, his white sneakers and his black stuffed cat that my grandmother made him," Davis said. "There was no struggle."
Bolded - breaks my heart, but warms it hoping his stuffed cat brought him some degree of comfort in his time of fear.
Italics - what an odd statement at this point.

I wish I could agree with you.

Here is where/why I think HPD really botched handling this case from early on. First, I will say I am not one on conspiracy theories. Anyone who reads my posts will know that about me....

ok back to the why:
Mom reports telephone calls from her son telling her it is an emergency. LE could verify these calls from whomever took the call at her place of employment. Instead LE focuses on a babysitter and states the child probably ran away. Perp shows up at the house AGAIN later that evening, likely prior to the 9:30pm or so time LE entered the missing persons case into NCIC. That stands out to us as non professionals. Why didn't this stand out to those who are supposed to be professionals? Why was that not alarming to LE? So far, imo, all they (LE) got is the baby sitter. Why the tunnel vision with LE? LE is supposed to look at ALL the facts/details of a possible crime.

According to the following examiner article, LE does not believe Jonathan placed the call.

Update:
Jonathan’s mother, Angela Davis, did receive a disturbing phone message at around 1:45 p.m. while she was at work on Christmas Eve. The call came from her apartment.
Police do not know who placed the call and do not believe the message was from Jonathan.
Jonathan’s mother immediately called back and a woman with a raspy voice answered the phone. The woman asked Davis who she was, and Davis identified herself saying she was Jonathan’s mother.
When the woman asked Jonathan if Angela was his mother Davis could hear Jonathan in the background reply “yes,” then the phone abruptly died.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ase-houston-police-clears-conflicting-reports

Now why would Mona need to call Jonathans mother at work? Someone she never met? To say, hey I am taking your kid or hey we've never met but I need your roommates telephone number? Very unlikely. There is NO reason Mona would have had AD'sphone number unless she asked for it. What reason would she have to ask Jonathan to call his mom? None that I can think of. I honestly believe it WAS Jonathan who made that first call AD's employer or coworker would NOT put through to AD. Then Mona got enraged Jonathan 'defied' her by calling his mom. AND that LE KNOWS they missed it big time hence as long as they state they don't believe it was Jonathan who called they can cover their arses because Jonathan is no longer here to say whether or not he called his mom.

How I wish Jonathan would have called 911 instead. Perhaps LE would have taken this more seriously in those first few hours which are SO important in a missing childs case. I know, I know, we can't go back. I sure as heck am gonna teach my son to call 911 even if he thinks it is ok to call mom at work when he is old enough to be home alone. I'd rather he make an error calling 911 than to have another needless tragedy like this occur. Please undertand in no way am I blaming the victim here, he was a child and did exactly what he thought best.

jmvho

But when you have drugs on the premises, which I believe there was, left with a child, you instruct him to run to the neighbor if you have any trouble.
Who instructs a child to do this??
If you have a problem, just run next door. For Pete's sake, don't call 911! Geez, we don't them sniffing about here.

I was watching some news videos and it looks like SE, JF and AD lived in a garage converted into an apt. behind a house. Has it been stated anywhere the address or who owns the home?

Where did the perp MN live? An article stated this is where JF was taken to, killed and burned and listed the names of 2 streets but no physical address.

I am going to go look them up and map it.

Ok...here's my first ever speculation...it's the engineer in me...I don't like working without facts...:innocent: but, I'm not sure we'll get them on this one until trial...so...

I think someone (SE, AD, DD)---either or all of them---owed Mona money and were avoiding her. She (mona) decides to pop up to try to catch / confront them on Christmas Eve thinking they'll be home...thinking it's Christmas Eve surely one of them will be there.

She sees their not there and uses Jonathan to make the calls - they'll surely answer him, right?

When he can't get room mates number, she calls, as if to show some "authority"; and when she gets nowhere---as in AD couldn't come to phone)---she's convinced they're still avoiding her.

Then AD calls back, she (mona) answers...again, an attempt to assert some authority, by asking Jonathan if that's his mom and wanted AD to hear her and hear Jonathan answer---her idea of a threat.

After she "asserts her authority" she leaves with Jonathan AND the phone, because she 1) wants them to know she was there or 2) wants them to have a little difficulty calling 911 or anyone else.

Then she realizes she has to do something with Jonathan...can't take him back because he'll tell and she'll face more legal problems...she panics, takes him to her house and...well, we know how it ended. I can't even type it...

anyway, i think she did what she did as a way to get rid of him...sounds crazy to us, i know, but she didn't care. In her mind, she just needed to get rid of him and get her $ from either, all, one of them.

i would love to know of room mate had a cell phone! if not and SE knows she doesn't, then i would say that's why she took the phone.

ok...done speculating! that was a huge challenge for me! LOL
not bad and I thought too that perhaps she is some low level loan shark's muscle person. Won't be the first time boxers or bouncers did this type of criminal activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenJoy