GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, it would be like donating to the Peter Sutcliffe Fund for Wayward Women or the Myra Hindley Save Our Moors Foundation.

Exactlty, in my opinion the timing of Greggs fundraiser should be taken with a wide birth until the killer/s have been brought to justice - i can hapilly make a direct donation to the Missings Persons fund without going through Greggs link.

As far as I know, he's not a suspect - he's been ruled out . He was in Sheffield - credit card transactions etc prove that.

I'm sure if he didn't have a cast iron alibi he's be in custody as being the b/f he would have been the police's initial prime suspect.

And anyone could at anytime be "associated" with a murderer and not know it.

The police are being very clever about this investigation, just because they say your in the clear doesnt mean your not going to get arrested if we find any evidence to suggest you were related.

I expect the fundraising by Greg is just something to do. Something positive that will keep his mind busy until a time when he can try and get on with some sort of ordinary life.

There was a resident in the area where Joanna's body was found. She was driving her daughters somewhere Christmas Eve, around 7 pm, a man ran across the road at great speed, jumped a style and vanished into the woods. I am thinking, could this have been someone involved. Was he one of a group involved who had been dropped off to assist in 'placing' the body at the scene or trying to hide it further from view, but got disturbed, too many cars, someone else saw him etc etc and he fled?

That's interesting - hadn't seen that before.

But Jo's body was covered in snow - if she was dumped on Christmas Eve, did it snow overnight and cover her as she was found the next day.

I have thought from the outset it's the LL but as he's been bailed and it now seems he's probably in the clear, another possible scenario is the party that was happening near to Jo's flat on Dec 17th.

I'm wondering if a party goer made an advance towards her as she went out to the bins. She rebuffed him and he chased her back into her flat and ended up killing her in a failed rape attempt.

He would have his car nearby, or called in a friend if he wasn't capable of driving to help him dispose of the body.

Exactlty, in my opinion the timing of Greggs fundraiser should be taken with a wide birth until the killer/s have been brought to justice - i can hapilly make a direct donation to the Missings Persons fund without going through Greggs link.

I think quite a lot of people may be taking that view, I dont think £2,165.53 (to date) is a lot considering the blanket publicity the case has received.

I expect the fundraising by Greg is just something to do. Something positive that will keep his mind busy until a time when he can try and get on with some sort of ordinary life.

I hope you are right Laura, i truelly do.

Every angle I can think of has been covered here.
Everyone who knew Joanna Yates has to be under suspicion IMO.

I wonder who the witness was who saw the 'light coloured' 4x4?
Did they see anything else?

In this type of crime the investigation always begins with those closest to the victim and moves outwards from there.
With that in mind the boyfriend and the landlord remain under suspicion. That is the way it must be at this stage on the investigation.
There is a lot we don't know about the indivuals involved in Joanna Yeates life.

I am disturbed that a young woman has been strangled and left on the side of a road fully clothed. Why?
What drove the perpetrator to just kill this lady?
It wasn't robbery it appears.
Rape hasn't been mentioned.
In my head, 2+2 is adding up to 5 with this case.

There were apparently a couple of guys ( or blokes,if you prefer ) who were either going to or leaving the golf course. They saw this vehicle drive up that particular lane.When the driver spotted the barrier ( members only golf course ? ) the vehicle did an abrupt U turn and sped off. I think this was significant. MOO

All JMO

The police are being very clever about this investigation, just because they say your in the clear doesnt mean your not going to get arrested if we find any evidence to suggest you were related.

TBH I'm not sure if the police are being clever at all. They made several errors such as not securing the rubbish / recycling before the bins were emptied.

They arrested the LL and questioned him extensively - now I thought from the outset it was him due to his withholding info, having a key to the flat and past history of snooping and going into his tenant's flats when they were out. In my book that gives him opportunity and motive although not pre-meditated - I always thought Jo found him hiding in her flat and he had to silence her.

But it seems there is no evidence to back this up.

With the b/f however, there is evidence it seems to conclusively rule him out. If he didn't go to Sheffield, he must have posted his credit cards to someone days before hand and got them to use them to establish an alibi for him.

But I bet the police have checked CCTV of when he purchased items to make sure it was actually him as anyone can use someone's else's credit cards without suspicion if they know the PIN.

TBH I'm not sure if the police are being clever at all. They made several errors such as not securing the rubbish / recycling before the bins were emptied.

They arrested the LL and questioned him extensively - now I thought from the outset it was him due to his withholding info, having a key to the flat and past history of snooping and going into his tenant's flats when they were out. In my book that gives him opportunity and motive although not pre-meditated - I always thought Jo found him hiding in her flat and he had to silence her.

With the b/f however, there is evidence it seems to conclusively rule him out. If he didn't go to Sheffield, he must have posted his credit cards to someone days before hand and got them to use them to establish an alibi for him.

But I bet the police have checked CCTV of when he purchased items to make sure it was actually him as anyone can use someone's else's credit cards without suspicion if they know the PIN.

But he could have killed her and then gone to Sheffield ? If all LE has is receipts ? I would feel more confident he was innocent if they saw him and/or his vehicle on cctv...

All JMO

Me too, exactly, and count me in, except for betting without getting good odds that the police have checked all CCTV etc. - as you say, they don't exactly come across as having been clever so far, so one naturally wonders what else they have missed - they're in effect admitting that they may have missed something along the way by their pronouncements to the public about what a huge case this is, how much time it will take, etc. etc. Involvement in the murder would not require the bf to not have gone to Sheffield - but for now he is a witness and not a suspect.

Hi Patticake :wave:

It is hearsay about the provision of receipts, the only 'officical line' is (when asked by a reporter if he was a suspect)

“No, he’s a witness in this investigation. There are a number of inquiries we are pursuing and at this stage, I am not prepared to speculate whether there are any suspects or what those lines of inquiry might be.”

my understanding of that would be, IF he was a suspect they wouldn't be confirming it!

A lot of fingerpointing going on over here with regards to the BF and the police dont seem to be helping him out of it :confused:

I am going to be surprised if it's not him.

Agreed on all accounts.

If it is indeed true that they eliminated him as a suspect only as a result of him providing receipts, then it is very troubling. Receipts can be misleading.

It appears that this investigation may be suffering from small town inspectors. I do not mean any disrespect by this but we see it here in the US as well. The town just does not see a large number of homicides.

I hope I am wrong.

Yes, it would not surprise me at all if the BF is the perp. He may have telephoned and texted, and she never answered. He drives back and she has been at a pub ... and drinking cider. Certainly, he has exhibited lots of warning signs.

As far as I know, he's not a suspect - he's been ruled out . He was in Sheffield - credit card transactions etc prove that.

I'm sure if he didn't have a cast iron alibi he's be in custody as being the b/f he would have been the police's initial prime suspect.

And anyone could at anytime be "associated" with a murderer and not know it.

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, they say "He is being treated as a witness".

I have never seen an official statement saying he had been cleared although I cetrtainly may have missed it.

But he could have killed her and then gone to Sheffield ? If all LE has is receipts ? I would feel more confident he was innocent if they saw him and/or his vehicle on cctv...

All JMO

Well he left about 7pm when Jo was in the pub and Jo was seen alive after that right up to 8:40pm.

Yes he could have left later but surely the police would have checked his timeline and interviewed his half brother and his wife to confirm what time he arrived?

For example, for a long drive he may have needed to buy petrol or stop for a toilet break.

Also, would he have used a toll road?

Motorways in the UK have CCTV cameras everywhere - if he said he left at a certain time they could check cameras en route to plot his journey, and any stops.

As he would have initially been the prime suspect, I'm sure they went through his movements with a fine tooth comb.

JMHO.

I have been wondering if anyone working in a Landscape Architects office would come into contact with the local quarry? supplies etc??

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, they say "He is being treated as a witness".

I have never seen an official statement saying he had been cleared although I cetrtainly may have missed it.

He cant of been 100% eliminated as nobody has yet to of been charged with the murder & found guilty. I just hope the get the right person/s & not a repeat of the Colin Stagg saga Rachel Mickel.

It's a matter of language, really, "witness, not a suspect," "ruled out," and "cleared." If being ruled out clears one, then I found a couple sources, both published before the first of the year:

Police were quick to rule out Reardon, who had been in Sheffield, but felt it was likely to be someone Yeates knew.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/31/joanna-yeates-murder-bristol
and
Detectives insist Greg Reardon, 27, is being treated as a witness after they revealed the 25-year-old architect was strangled before being dumped.

Greg told police he was in Sheffield. It is the first time he has been publicly ruled out as a suspect.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...-is-not-a-suspect-say-police-115875-22812756/

Of course, things can change and newspaper accounts can be wrong. But the constabulary will look particularly bad if this one does.

Well he left about 7pm when Jo was in the pub and Jo was seen alive after that right up to 8:40pm.

Yes he could have left later but surely the police would have checked his timeline and interviewed his half brother and his wife to confirm what time he arrived?

For example, for a long drive he may have needed to buy petrol or stop for a toilet break.

Also, would he have used a toll road?

Motorways in the UK have CCTV cameras everywhere - if he said he left at a certain time they could check cameras en route to plot his journey, and any stops.

As he would have initially been the prime suspect, I'm sure they went through his movements with a fine tooth comb.

JMHO.

That's a good point. It was one of the worst nights weatherwise, so his 3 hour journey could easily have taken twice that time under all the circumstances. If he had a full tank, I cant necessarily see the need for him to stop, he could have had supplies in the car before setting out.... one would hope that the cops have thoroughly checked out his alibi..... I wouldn't take the word of his brother as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa