GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just done a planning check on 44 canynge Road. Planning permission granted 1988 for the conversion of 4 flats into 7 flats.

So there will be 7 there. There are no plans available unfortunately!

I believe that CJ is the landlord of no.44 and JY is a tenant, so is Mr Hardyman amongst others, no doubt.

Next door at no.42 Peter Stanley is the landlord and Laurence Penney is one of his tenants.

Check out Googlemaps and look at the junction of Canynge Road and Percival Road - you can see the house numbers clearly and Peter Stanley's vehicles (BMW and Landrover type of truck) and Laurence Penney's vintage racing car under tarpaulin are visible in PS's driveway.

I would post pics but they are protected by Google's copyright.
jmo

Here from Daily Mail is one of PS's vehicles police checked; another, the car, was driven by PS accompanied by an officer to headquarters, and given a look-over there, if memory serves.

A slow news day: Daily Mail's latest update, a bit sad:

Jo Yeates murder: Mother wants to play Jo in Crimewatch reconstruction

The mother of Joanna Yeates has volunteered to play the role of her daughter in a filmed reconstruction of the night the landscape architect was last seen alive.

Theresa Yeates, 58, has been told by senior detectives of plans to stage a re-enactment which would be broadcast in the next episode of the BBC's Crimewatch.

The programme is not due to air until the end of this month, which suggests that officers trying to catch Miss Yeates's killer are preparing for the investigation to continue well into the future, using the popular programme to try and generate new leads.
---
Her husband David said: 'My wife looks a bit similar to Jo and would like to take the part.'

But he said of the Crimewatch episode which goes out on January 26: 'I don't know whether the police would involve us at all.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wants-play-Jo-Crimewatch-reconstruction.html

further to glynis' murder witness reported a man with a shock of hair

fellow teacher/head now living in wells said of chris jefferies in 1970s " he had wild, ungovernable hair and pupils used to remark on it frequently".

similarities.....

crimewatch makes excellent viewing for any of the US contingent on this site. I watch it whenever I am in the UK. Question for the UK group.. don't they have a high success rate on catching perps once Crimewatch has aired?
Maybe the killer will be caught before it airs. I feel sorry for Jo's Mom.. I am sure she wants to hang on to any associaton with Jo that she can.

further to glynis' murder witness reported a man with a shock of hair

fellow teacher/head now living in wells said of chris jefferies in 1970s " he had wild, ungovernable hair and pupils used to remark on it frequently".

similarities.....

Yes, I hadn't noticed that description until I was gathering material to start the Glenis C. thread, and that bit of info does stand out!

Dear God - what a bad idea. How does she think that would help jog the memories of anyone - a middle aged woman who might well have looked like her daughter 33 years ago, but now does not.

jmo

My reaction too. I'm hoping they just floated the possibility in order to stay in the headlines and keep public sentiment and awareness high during this time of little real news.

Interesting that Laurence Penney has maybe removed his bookshelf - unless there's a problem with access from my computer - it had an interesting collection of books - insightful to his life and interests.

http://www.lorp.org/books/

Interesting that Laurence Penney has maybe removed his bookshelf - unless there's a problem with access from my computer - it had an interesting collection of books - insightful to his life and interests.

http://www.lorp.org/books/
I couldn't get on the 'book' either...but very disturbing picture (no.1 on his Bristol heading) Looks like three guys doing something with a dead bird...maybe they killed it? Seriously weird. More I learn about this guy.....the more I don't like.

Done quite a lot of YT viewing tonight, one documentary was regarding the Sally Anne Bowman case as referenced earlier. There we had a young girl, dropped by her on-off boyfriend practically to the door, and she was murdered (and then sexually assaulted - in that order unfortunately :( ) and left in a pool of her own blood on the doorstep. In that case, quite rightly so, the boyfriend was the prime suspect until DNA evidence showed up the real perp, however it still took 9 months to bring him to justice, and as said before, it was quite by the off chance.

Then I watched quite an old programme, called 'Crocodile Tears' (think there has been a more recent show called 'Tears, Lies and Videotapes') which focused on killers who had made appeals, only to later be found guilty of murder. It was extremely interesting. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealCrimeUK#p/c/2474E6888EE26957/0/0kE9GuagWZU

I think what it has made me conclude is that I am almost 99.9% sure that this was not a stranger/opportunist murder. There would have been no reason to move the body if so, and how many opportunists have cars which can be spotted? Much easier, if you're going to prowl, to be on foot, where you can be hidden away in the shadows. I'm going to assume that Joanna's killer had a car, of which to dispose of her body.

What the above documentaries also made me realise is that police can and do suspect from the off, but cannot arrest until they have solid proof. For this reason, and the fact that the LE are being so vague with the information they give the public, I am of the same thought that the police know who did this and are currently trawling through masses of evidence in an attempt to have enough for an arrest.

those pictures are just gross.
Just to clarify, the Flickr Pics posted by MikeyMot.

I couldn't get on the 'book' either...but very disturbing picture (no.1 on his Bristol heading) Looks like three guys doing something with a dead bird...maybe they killed it? Seriously weird. More I learn about this guy.....the more I don't like.

I haven't really paid attention to this guy but just flicked through the link, can anyone decipher what any of this twitter entry means (this is the day Joanna went missing) I dont understand twitter, I assume he made this entry?

Mary Beard on Pompeii: big willies everywhere = male power. Loaded’s female flesh and Islam’s taboo on sexual images evidence of opposite? 1:10 PM Dec 17th, 2010 via web

:waitasec:

those pictures are just gross.
Just to clarify, the Flickr Pics posted by MikeyMot.

Agree. Disturbing. It really makes me wonder what kind of immediate neighborhood Jo and Greg moved into, and what exactly is under the surface.

Just makes me wonder what sort of person a) takes pictures like this and b) posts them on their website????

Ive often wondered if Chris Jefferies 'LL' may of been a cross dresser ?? He has that femine look about him, did you see the way he held his gloves, the long coat & the way his hair appeared to be clipped at the back ??

Maybe Jo returned home that evening & found CJ dressed as a woman, or maybe a few of them ??

Done quite a lot of YT viewing tonight, one documentary was regarding the Sally Anne Bowman case as referenced earlier. There we had a young girl, dropped by her on-off boyfriend practically to the door, and she was murdered (and then sexually assaulted - in that order unfortunately :( ) and left in a pool of her own blood on the doorstep. In that case, quite rightly so, the boyfriend was the prime suspect until DNA evidence showed up the real perp, however it still took 9 months to bring him to justice, and as said before, it was quite by the off chance.

Then I watched quite an old programme, called 'Crocodile Tears' (think there has been a more recent show called 'Tears, Lies and Videotapes') which focused on killers who had made appeals, only to later be found guilty of murder. It was extremely interesting. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealCrimeUK#p/c/2474E6888EE26957/0/0kE9GuagWZU

I think what it has made me conclude is that I am almost 99.9% sure that this was not a stranger/opportunist murder. There would have been no reason to move the body if so, and how many opportunists have cars which can be spotted? Much easier, if you're going to prowl, to be on foot, where you can be hidden away in the shadows. I'm going to assume that Joanna's killer had a car, of which to dispose of her body.

What the above documentaries also made me realise is that police can and do suspect from the off, but cannot arrest until they have solid proof. For this reason, and the fact that the LE are being so vague with the information they give the public, I am of the same thought that the police know who did this and are currently trawling through masses of evidence in an attempt to have enough for an arrest.

I dont know if I have watched too many of those programmes, I think I have said this before, but as soon as I saw BF at press conference, alarm bells were ringing, my gut just said he was lying......

did you see the guy (Paul Dyson) that claimed to have exchanged valentine cards with his girlfriend (Joanne Nelson), he was crying real tears and everything, IIRC the body language expert said the tears were real but for the remorse/guilt he was feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa