2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh goodie!! Now we get to see him get slapped down again on Friday .. can't wait!

LOL I first read this as "This should be IRRITATING to read."

Which it will be.

That too! Remember what George said about Casey and how she keeps pushing way past the line and then pushes some more?

Well, yet another example of the similarities of her and her lawyer.

Oh yes, you bet your life it is going to be requesting the judge set aside his ruling on the experts having to file reports. Both Cheney and Jose have hinted that they would be filing things to that effect (once when Mr. Ashton tried to suggest he needed some reports sooner rather than later, so an idea he proposed was to stagger them...the defense basically shot back...wont be happening). If the judge wont reconsider it, they will try plan B, then move to the emergency plan.....they will do and try anything that isn't bolted down or illegal to avoid having to comply with this particular order. Indeed that is their entire defense...have the experts tear apart the state expert opinions, that is it...that is all they have, so if they empty that bucket now and divulge what opinions they plan to do that with.....in slang...they got 'notin.

This request is not about five or six hundred bucks, Baez spends that on his hankies, and Cheney spends that on tight boots. It is about the order to divulge the expert reports. Mason has said over and over, nowhere in the rules does it call for the defense to have to give a script (his word) of what their experts are to opine. He is adamant about this, like a dog with a bone.
That bone is gonna turn into a insignificant little Scooby snack when the judge tears him up over it. THe judge is going to need to slap both Mason and Baez hard over this!! BOTH OF THEM!!

Yup. It was irritating to read.

And why do they AGAIN talk about the State not having the same financial burden? Like they're the only defense in the history of defenses who ever tried a case against the State. I mean... really.

I'm still on page 1 and already irritated. For instance in #2

"The issue boiling over in this case is one dealing with discovery and alleged violation thereof. The saga begins as follows:"

Those two sentences right there are like fingernails on a chalkboard!

OMG, They are blaming the lateness of the 300-page filing on TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muzikman, I cannot recall one single instance when you were late filing motions here due to TRAFFIC. :rocker:

OMG, They are blaming the lateness of the 300-page filing on TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is 23 pages - and filed at the last minute -- seems if traffic was the reason, they would have been there at noon. FAIL!

Maybe getting an earlier start to the court house would have solved that little problem. How pathetic.

The wording sounds so disrespectful throughout....one example:

Screenshot2011-01-12at101719AM.png

And a traffic excuse?? Well if someone was a little bit more organized or thought ahead about trying to file a 300 page doc by fax they could have called oh I don't know, a courier service perhaps?

Screenshot2011-01-12at101901AM.png

Or had it done soon enough to drive it over anyway. You would think a high caliber defense attorney like Baez would know these things about filing large docs wouldn't you .. perhaps not.

Filing due by 12 p.m. (noon) and Baez is claiming that traffic was the reason that a member of his firm showed up at the Clerk's office at 5:02 p.m. Late because of traffic. ....this is like "the dog ate my homework!"

Why if the contempt was issued against Jose, did Cheney author and sign this, page 12 ?????

OMG it was not only traffic, but it was that they were THWARTED by traffic!

:floorlaugh:

THWARTED!!! by TRAFFIC!!!!

:drink:

Casey's Attorney Files Motion Fighting Sanctions

http://www.wftv.com/news/26455776/detail.html

Read Baez Response to Sanctions: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26455761/detail.html

THIS IS A MOCKERY OF THE JUDGE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, AGAIN IT IS NOT IN COMPLIANCE, NOT BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION. BOTH CHENEY AND JOSE NEED TO BE FINED THE FIVE HUNDRED A DAY UNTIL WE SEE THE DAMN REPORTS THE JUDGE ORDERED. This is a disgrace!!! I am pissed off about it!

OMG, I am only on page six, Dr. Lee not testifying?
Kathy Reichs silent too?
Computer dude, nada?
Freeman...zip?

etc, etc.

Yep....they've got 'notin'

WOW WEE!!!!

Casey, we are not on Hope Springs Drive anymore. Your defense has NOTHING!

Later they will try to say they changed their mind and indeed now do need so and so to testify, trying to get in the back door without having to comply up front with handing over the expert opinion. It is inevitable!!!

Dear God in heaven, Cheney Mason is saying that the JUDGE caused the problem, by making unclear orders, that is why the defense and state suffered confusion, had to ask for clarification, the judge's clarification was not instructive and they should not be penalized. Oh no he didn't. I am scared for them. This is going to be sad, tired and pitiful. They just never learn! You just can't make this stuff up. How to ailenate the judge in your trial, 101 by Cheney Mason and Jose Baez, chapter 19

Note to defense
How to hire an expert
1. Day ONE ...... Get CV, put in file, you will be needing it!

:great: That's funny.
Most people know the traffic patterns where they spend a lot of time at.
imo

Not only is traffic NOT a good excuse - it should have been filed by NOON, not 5 PM - but the 300-page filing at the Clerk's office is INCOMPLETE. It does not have Kathy Reich's and Leeson's CV exhibits attached.

I shouldn't be, but am once again blown away at the INCOMPETENCY that is on display here.

In My Opinion. MM

Oh this gets even better .... page 4

7. On the following morning, December 15, 2010, assistant to your undersigned counsel (Mason) did hand deliver the entire package to both the SAO and to the Clerk of the Court .... yada, yada, yada.

So, this statement implies Jose is the author of this motion ... what am I missing.

With just a quick skim, it seems as though Baez is trying to circumvent the necessity of filing reposts. He's put some significant information in the motion and says a number of experts will probably not testify.

Hmmm... don't think Ashton is sitting still tonight. He's running responses through his head right now!

I can't believe Baez thinks he's NOT given enough information to meet the judge's order, in a backwards sort of way.

LOL, Dr Lee was also "thwarted". He couldn't get to the remains site. You know, because all crime scenes invite all kinds of peeps to tramp through it. For cryin out loud! They still can't let that one go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45