2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still reading, ....who is Baez planning to have testify? I'm having some serious concerns.

I never thought I would say this since I do not like Casey and think she is guilty of killing Caylee but Casey deserves a better defense than this.

It appears as though there is lots of information in this motion. The majority is pathetic crying and excuses. The attempt is made to fluff up what Baez initially gave to Ashton after the emails. What is lacking though, is the reports that HHBP insisted on. Another failing grade, Baez.

Not only is traffic NOT a good excuse - it should have been filed by NOON, not 5 PM - but the 300-page filing at the Clerk's office is INCOMPLETE. It does not have Kathy Reich's and Leeson's CV exhibits attached.

I shouldn't be, but am once again blown away at the INCOMPETENCY that is on display here.

In My Opinion. MM

I am without words. Truly.

I have only read the first 2 pgs and decided to close it out, fix a stiff cocktail and meditate for a few moments ... (days?) before posting my thoughts.

I am embarrassed for my profession. :sigh: :(

So Mason signed this motion and not Baez. And yet aren't the sanctions personal to Baez? Mason even stood up in court and said HE'D never be sanctioned.

How can he answer for Baez on this?

I am without words. Truly.

I have only read the first 2 pgs and decided to close it out, fix a stiff cocktail and meditate for a few moments ... (days?) before posting my thoughts.

I am embarrassed for my profession. :sigh: :(

It's an embarrassment for any profession. Honestly I can't think of one person in any field (with integrity) who could be such a lousy and obvious liar and WHINER.

I never thought I would say this since I do not like Casey and think she is guilty of killing Caylee but Casey deserves a better defense than this.

You are not alone. I'm sitting right next to ya.

eta: the issue for me is not "incompetence" ... it is the pure unmitigated arrogance, poor excuses, whining and absolute disrespect for the bench.

Well, now we know why Mason is part of the defense team.

It's his job to follow the elephant in the parade, and use his shovel and bucket when needed.

So Mason signed this motion and not Baez. And yet aren't the sanctions personal to Baez? Mason even stood up in court and said HE'D never be sanctioned.

I think I get it now. Baez is supposed to defend KC. Mason is there to defend Baez. And Finnell is there to dig them both out of the contempt hole and keep KC off death row.

Only Finnell has a shot. The other 2 should sue for ineffective representation.

Well, now we know why Mason is part of the defense team.

It's his job to follow the elephant in the parade, and use his shovel and bucket when needed.

I'm so curious, as I asked above... When one attorney in a team gets sanctioned it still remains his sole responsibility to pay. But another member of the team can take the lead in arguing against the sanction while the SANCTIONED party can hide behind their coattails? How is this allowed?

It's seems so... wrong.

I think I get it now. Baez is supposed to defend KC. Mason is there to defend Baez. And Finnell is there to dig them both out of the contempt hole and keep KC off death row.

Only Finnell has a shot. The other 2 should sue for ineffective representation.

Ha ha. But I don't think Mason has papers saying he was retained by Baez to defend Baez. Not yet anyway.

COnsidering the part where Dr. Spitz indicated that mud was found inside the left side of the cranium....would that not lend MORE credibility to the trunk stain images?????

Hmmmmmmmmm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-jose-baez-sanction-appeal-20110111,0,4602564.story
Spitz would testify that the discovered skull should have been opened by Garavaglia, something Spitz did in his "second autopsy," according to the motion. Spitz, according to the document, discovered a dirt or mud deposit inside the cranium, on the left side – something Garavaglia did not discover.

Spitz, the motion states, "would testify that that is material because it indicates that the remains had been laid on the left side … and, therefore, the body had not been left in an upright or straightforward position as has been claimed by investigators, as well as the experts for the prosecution."

COnsidering the part where Dr. Spitz indicated that mud was found inside the left side of the cranium....would that not lend MORE credibility to the trunk stain images?????

Hmmmmmmmmm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-jose-baez-sanction-appeal-20110111,0,4602564.story
Spitz would testify that the discovered skull should have been opened by Garavaglia, something Spitz did in his "second autopsy," according to the motion. Spitz, according to the document, discovered a dirt or mud deposit inside the cranium, on the left side – something Garavaglia did not discover.

Spitz, the motion states, "would testify that that is material because it indicates that the remains had been laid on the left side … and, therefore, the body had not been left in an upright or straightforward position as has been claimed by investigators, as well as the experts for the prosecution."

hmmmnn... I was thinking more about Caylee's skull being there longer. Mud indicates water, eh? As in flooded and when found still MUD?

I don't know. I have never worked for an attorney who has been formally sanctioned, much less one who challenged the ruling.

CM's body language at the JJ hearing was a warning of this to come. I knew it then. I just didn't want to believe it.

I am just sitting here in shock after reading that motion..........

wow! mason wrote the motion for jb, and in the motion refers
to himself(mason) as baez's assistant. do you think maybe
the " good ole boy, aw shucks" cm has an ulterior motive.

wow! mason wrote the motion for jb, and in the motion refers
to himself(mason) as baez's assistant. do you think maybe
the " good ole boy, aw shucks" cm has an ulterior motive.

So apparently everything is thwarting them, not the other way around (how about planning earlier than filing EVERYTHING at 5pm, WHEN THERE IS RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC? Sheesh! And don't get me started on Dr. Lee being thwarted OMG...)

And in some backwards universe an attorney with over forty years experience is playing assistant to the equivalent of a circus monkey with a law degree.

Am I in the Twilight Zone? And I haven't even read the motion yet, nor do I think I want to!

Hmmmmmmmmm

Did the investigators and prosecution experts really claim the body had been left in an upright position? How did I miss that? Was it in Dr. G's report?

I wonder if they had to have KC's blessing to file this? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls