TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do think that they need to keep Haileys story in the media for as long as possible I also dont agree with the way that its being done. I have worked on a lot of wrongful conviction cases and if this child is found murdered there is no possible way that SA could ever get a fair trial because of the information that has been released.

Change of venue. Jury selection. There are lots of cases that get a lot of media attention and the perp gets their fair trial. There is a case where I live right now where the perp will probably walk because the forensic evidence is quite old. Do I think he did it? Yes. Do I think the court can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? No. Another sex offender will walk our streets.

Convictions are not based on what people think of a person, they are based on evidence. Most wrongful convictions from where I am have been because of DNA evidence that was reviewed and found to be questionable.

Hopefully if it gets to this point the evidence will be a slam dunk.

SA is the number 1 suspect, but LE has repeatedly stated that there are other unnamed persons of interest. IMO, planning was involved and DD not being at home for a period of time, in this case, overnight, was crucial to following through with H's abduction/disappearance. IMO, SA was ready to set his plans in motion once he understood DD would be away for a length of time.

BILLIE DUNN: It`s so scary to hear stuff like that. And of course, it scares me every time I hear such a thing. But they did tell me if they got a big breakthrough, I would hear about that first. So I was also told they were out there today looking for our trash, any letters, anything Hailey would have jotted anything down on.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/20/ng.01.html

So maybe they kept the phone because they found something in the notepad of the phone.

I just had some thoughts come at me out of the blue.

What if SA killed Hailey during the night on Sunday while Billie was asleep, fluffed up pillows under the covers to make it appear that Hailey was in the bed, and stashed her body in her own closet so she wouldn't be seen in case Billie looked into the room on Monday morning?

Alternatively, SA went to work on Monday morning and maybe killed Hailey after he "got fired" and went back to Billie's.

According to the cell phone pings, would SA have had time to get to his uncle's black pickup truck and swap it out for Billie's car before heading back to Billie's house that morning?

Which vehicle did DD see at the house that day at 4pm when he had to crawl through a window to get into his own house?

If SA was using his uncle's black pickup truck at any point during those two and a half crucial days (Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon), then any forensic evidence would likely NOT be in Billie's car, but in that black pickup truck instead.

While I do think that they need to keep Haileys story in the media for as long as possible I also dont agree with the way that its being done. I have worked on a lot of wrongful conviction cases and if this child is found murdered there is no possible way that SA could ever get a fair trial because of the information that has been released.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with the premise of never receiving a fair trial before a trial has been completed. No evidence has even been presented at trial level. One could argue trial prejudice but it doesn't make it so.

In Florida once someone has been charged, the sunshine law takes effect exposing evidence. I don't think in murder convictions there, everyone would be innocent. See Casey Anthony

IMO

snip
I do not really think that BD is defending SA. I think that she is picking her words carefully for the reason that either she WANTS to keep the line of communication open so if he choses to text or call her that he will perhaps give even a clue or somthing in the wording of a text. I do not think she wants to go on media and accuse him due to that will shut down any and all communication that he MAY have with her.

Didnt BD say something on NG that Hailey you need to call 911 I dont have my phone anymore? So if she is communicating with SA then its via someones elses phone perhaps. Wondering did LE take her phone or is it she just couldnt afford any more minutes?

SA is the number 1 suspect, but LE has repeatedly stated that there are other unnamed persons of interest. IMO, planning was involved and DD not being at home for a period of time, in this case, overnight, was crucial to following through with H's abduction/disappearance. IMO, SA was ready to set his plans in motion once he understood DD would be away for a length of time.

So are you thinking this was premeditated and not impulse or done in a moment of anger? I think SA could have taken drugs that morning and when he got to work he realized he could not perform his job that day.

So, he left and went back home. I think he started thinking about a maturing young woman that was in the house alone with him, in bed and all warm and cozy. I think he went into the bedroom and probably climbed in bed thinking or hoping HD would be receptive to him.

When she wasn't he killed her. He took her with him and did something in the hours that followed. I think she probably is in the area around his grandmother's. Sunrise in the Dallas are is 7:30 and it may be later further West. jmo

Nancy said her staff had determined the videos were 4 years old and predated his association with Billie. Nancy also pointed out that the printouts were all from the TruTV website crime library, a site that Nancy defended as being MSM and not "horror" type stories, just summary accountings of true crimes. I read there all the time. If we are here talking about child murder, I go look up child murder on their site to get insight into who/what/when/where/why.
Yes I knew that it was from the TruTV website crime library. I have been to that particular website myself, however, have not looked up those particular cases that BD had visited. I was just wondering why she would go to that site while at work and print out all of those pages to take home, however, it could be nothing. I have pondered it back and forth in my mind. While on the one hand it seems strange to me, on the other I've thought that maybe she didn't have a computer at home.. or her computer at home wasn't working. ??

Now I am starting to fear that LE may have jumped the gun, and really has no idea what happened to Hailey. I also wonder if their inexperience led them to keep the phone, since anything on the phone would be computerized, wouldn't it? If they are not answering it, then why keep it?

Car and phones taken in for exam. Car released after testing and collection. Phones not.
Something important on BD phone that is evidence.

Some evidence on it maybe?

What about the notepad on the phone? Could Hailey have notes in there?

Maybe she used the calendar function to note things that went on.

Do you mean PHYSICAL evidence on the phone, like blood or drug residue? Anything in the notepad or calendar is electronic data they could have downloaded in seconds.

Maybe she used the calendar function to note things that went on.

Wasn't her phone one of the throw away phones? I am not sure they have those features. I could be wrong just guessing.

Do you mean PHYSICAL evidence on the phone, like blood or drug residue? Anything in the notepad is eelctronic data they could have downloaded in seconds.

I was thinking maybe more phone calls or texts during that 3 hour void. And also maybe SA's fingerprints. If it was BD's phone why would his prints be on it?

Do you mean PHYSICAL evidence on the phone, like blood or drug residue? Anything in the notepad or calendar is electronic data they could have downloaded in seconds.

I was thinking more along the lines something she wrote in it. Never thought about blood or drugs.But thats a good point. Esp since they returned the car but not the phones. There is a reason they have kept them.

Hmm...Re the truck in front of BD's house that is supposedly broke down...wonder if LE ever tried to crank it up??? Now wouldn't that be something...okay back to RL :)

Where did SA put his deer that he chainsawed up???
Did he just let them in the field?
I would search around his killing grounds........JMOO

I just had some thoughts come at me out of the blue.

What if SA killed Hailey during the night on Sunday while Billie was asleep, fluffed up pillows under the covers to make it appear that Hailey was in the bed, and stashed her body in her own closet so she wouldn't be seen in case Billie looked into the room on Monday morning?

I thought this (or under the bed) a few threads ago, but if Billie had touched the bed, they'd have begun searching and found Hailey's body in the closet... ala JonBenet. A MURDER investigation would have begun immediately instead of LE dilly-dallying around with the RUNAWAY THEORY.

If you read Pollys case , you can see how specific LE mistakes and dumb criminal luck lead to her fate being sealed. There was a chance to save Polly and it was missed do to a flawed relay system.

This seals it for me. Marc Klass has got inside information.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/klaas/1.html

"Marc Klaas was later to remark that the couple had "an unsuccessful marriage but a successful divorce" because the two remained friends and, while Eve got custody, Marc faithfully visited his only child.

Her mother next married Allan Nichol. Allan had three kids from a previous marriage. He and Eve had a child together, Annie, in 1987. Polly appeared to get along well with her stepsiblings and little sister, but she had a certain amount of conflict with her stepfather."

Polly had a lifelong fear of the dark. She could not get to sleep unless there was a little light on. She was scared of a mysterious bogeyman and of the possibility of being kidnapped. It was something she had discussed often with her parents. Marc Klaas would recall with bitter irony how he had assured his daughter "that everything would be all right, I would always be there to protect her."

I think there are a lot of similarities in this case. There are more than 20 pages on that link. It provides some interesting insight and would suggest it be read. IMO

There are plenty of wild hogs around this region of Texas. They can be fierce...coyotes and bobcats too!

I can tell you, there are wild hogs roaming the area of San Jacinto battle ground park..

I go fishing there often and the park rangers always tell us to be on the look out and to be careful..

a couple of wild hogs ended up drowning in the water in front of the monument...yrs ago..

anyhoo, ive been playing catch up, was wishing and praying that Hailey would have been found by now..

Im still praying for Hailey..

see yall l8r, life calls and im gonna kick back w/ the fam

Unless LE has proof we don't know about maybe they have been so focused on SA,maybe he is just a weird guy and someone else took her.

I was thinking maybe more phone calls or texts during that 3 hour void. And also maybe SA's fingerprints. If it was BD's phone why would his prints be on it?

SA's fingerprints on the phone would be insignificant. He lived in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201