TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how that one guy found Sylar Newton. But it would depend if buzzards are there this time of year. Up here, they have already migrated to their winter homes- so question is where is their winter home?

I'm in Texas, but further South in a very small town. I saw a buzzard yesterday eating some roadkill (squirrel).

SA's fingerprints on the phone would be insignificant. He lived in the house.

DNA from bodily fluids is all I can come up with. Wouldn't they have to keep it if that were the case? Say a bloody partial print OR semen?

I am baffled as to why else it would not be returned.

Did they keep SA's Blackberry or return it? Do we know?

Redcat, do you know how many searchers turned out today?

I find it impossible to believe that the NG show does NOT cut the audio to parents of missing children while they are discussing the likely condition of their 'possibly' dead loved one's body..I asked before if there's any way to confirm with NG or the show itself..I really need an answer to this for my own peace of mind.

There are other reasons why BD would get up & leave during the show..NG has a bad habit of cutting off her guests before they can finish responding..That has to be extremely frustrating especially if someone is trying to get their point across/set the record straight..In this case, that person is BD, who has never come off as very quick/sharp..That brings me to Mark K..He had to see that BD was lost & pretty much helpless up against NG..It's reeked to me at least in every show..What may seem like LIES could possibly be BD's inability to express herself properly..My guess is she's also not used to being on national tv & has a horrible case of nerves..Maybe she's also overly-medicated?..In Mark's defense I believe most of this is the reason why he chose to be by her side on camera..Off camera I can see him advising her & giving her moral support..It doesn't seem she has much of a support system not to mention many in the small town of Dunn probably want to stone her whether she's involved or not..

My guess is he has a gut feeling she's not involved in H's disappearance/murder? but she is guilty of being a poor judge of character (SA), overly needed, an inattentive parent, & in denial that she could in any way be responsible for what's happened to her daughter.

It could also all just be a ploy to get close to her to simply gain her trust..He has a very gentle way about him so if anybody can get thru to her it could be him..It's def not going to be anyone in LE or NG..But I still don't believe he feels she's directly involved but possibly can reveal info that would lead to what happened to Hailey..Afterall, finding her is his TOP priority but my gut tells me his motives involve ALL of the above.

Sometimes we'll write down our initial reaction on paper and stick it in a jar, when the case is concluded and we round table the case we bring those out and discuss them.

Whenever I get interested in a case, I tell my daughter the basics, victim name, date of crime, and who I think is responsible. That way she can confirm later that I "got it right". She's my version of your jar!

Just checking in for news of Hailey..from the little I have read this morning, it doesn't seem much has changed unfortunately..

I know this has been asked a billion times, but no confirmation so far..

What time did Billie get off work on Monday..the night that she and SA went to the ATM???

I had a friend that worked for a drug store. Turns out there was money missing so all employees were given a polygraph. My friend failed it. Now she was the most honest person I have ever known. She took several and still fllunked them.

As it turned out the question she failed on was - have you ever taken anything from the store without paying for it. She said 'No'. But, as it turned out the druggist would mix up medicine for employees for their children, etc. and not charge them for it. When she said 'No' to the question, subconsciously she was thinking of the free medicine and the answer showed deceit. Even though she had not taken anything from the store without paying for that was given to her 'free'. So, a lot depends upon not only the question, but what context the question was asked. the man that gave her the test told her he had never had anyone show such honesty even though it was subconscious.

I am sure questions are asked in a tricky manner. But, once having failed a test I might be leary of taking another one too. Especially if I was telling the truth. I just don't know. What was the question that BD showed deceit on, does anyone know. tia

I truly think that it why it is so important who administers the test. A qualified examiner would make sure their questions couldn't be construed as ambiguous.. I don't think LD are foolproof, but I do think they are only as good as the examiner that gives it..moo

SA is the number 1 suspect, but LE has repeatedly stated that there are other unnamed persons of interest. IMO, planning was involved and DD not being at home for a period of time, in this case, overnight, was crucial to following through with H's abduction/disappearance. IMO, SA was ready to set his plans in motion once he understood DD would be away for a length of time.

But there was no guarantee that DD would NOT come home unexpectedly at any point during that night (forget something? needed more $$$?) or when he might return that next day..That was a HUGE risk for SA to leave the house to travel to work even if it was only to stay for 10 mins..Or to do anything to Hailey at any point the next day IN the house..Unless he's a complete moron he'd remove her & do his 'biz' some place else..But where might that be? :waitasec:

bbm

That's generally what I used to think as well, too -- until the Ohio case with the tree... Tina, Cody, and Stephanie. That was a stranger, more or less - someone not associated with the family per se.

(ETA: I still think SA did it and has hidden her very well, btw...)

Yes, the 'tree case' was a stranger abduction, but the reason he hid the bodies so well was because he still had the girl hidden in his basement.

But there was no guarantee that DD would NOT come home unexpectedly at any point during that night (forget something? needed more $$$?) or when he might return that next day..That was a HUGE risk for SA to leave the house to travel to work even if it was only to stay for 10 mins..Or to do anything to Hailey at any point the next day IN the house..Unless he's a complete moron he'd remove her & do his 'biz' some place else..But where might that be? :waitasec:

That's one thing that really puzzles me..Obviously DD kinda came and went as he pleased..and he DID apparently catch SA doing something in the house when he found the house locked and climbed in the window..THAT makes me think that whatever happened was not intentional or you're right..in wouldn't have been in the house ...if indeed anything did happen there...

Yes, the 'tree case' was a stranger abduction, but the reason he hid the bodies so well was because he still had the girl hidden in his basement.

Didn't he live in the neighborhood? And didn't his neighbors say he was always doing something crazy? Another case I think of not reporting things you find weird or strange at least to someone. Or am I thinking of another case?

I still can't get over him climbing a tree with their bodies to hide them..I mean I don't think that would have ever occurred to me in my furthest 'out there' theory..boggles the mind..

Then I will assume they found evidence of sexual activity on her bed sheets...but if they did, I would think they would've arrested SA for molestation just to get him in jail.

Not necessarily. First of all he had plenty of time to get rid of the bedsheets.
And besides that, there are ways to molest a young girl that do not involve leaving any traces of sexual activity.

Didn't he live in the neighborhood? And didn't his neighbors say he was always doing something crazy? Another case I think of not reporting things you find weird or strange at least to someone. Or am I thinking of another case?

It's not funny, but I can't help but laugh..SO MANY people act so crazy these days..sometimes it can be hard to judge what is 'too crazy' if that makes any sense?

~snipped for space~ I hope that's ok.

I have a friend who has been a "TRUCKER" for over 10 years...
They can't just drive everywhere like a car can. They can't pull into a parking spot anywhere... they have to think it through...

It very well could have been a trucker but IMO he could not hold her in captivity long. Almost all truck and rest stops have video surveillence cameras...

my point is, taking a child in a personal vehicle is MUCH more probable that blaming a TRUCKER. (Not saying anyone specifically has) but thought this might calm some fears.
MOO!

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/05/local/me-serialkillers5

"FBI makes a connection between long-haul truckers, serial killings"

Redcat, do you know how many searchers turned out today?

When I checked in with lunch from Subway (thanks to all the WS folks!) they said it was probably around 75...which is dissapointing to me. I really hoped today would bring out 200-300 people. :(

That's one thing that really puzzles me..Obviously DD kinda came and went as he pleased..and he DID apparently catch SA doing something in the house when he found the house locked and climbed in the window..THAT makes me think that whatever happened was not intentional or you're right..in wouldn't have been in the house ...if indeed anything did happen there...

I am not defending not keeping an eye on your children. But I can say that in a small town and this town is less than 5,000 this is pretty much the norm. There really aren't many places to go except to a friends, etc. And most of the time everyone knows everyone so no one worries. It seems there is always someone keeping an eye out.jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member