GUILTY NE - Kailee Clapp, 14, McCook, 13 Jan 2011

Surely, we will hear very soon that the minor aged girlfriend of this suspect has been arrested and charged right along with him.

When I think about the question of "Why?" I can't help but think that the girlfriend demanded that he prove his love to her. Reminds me of a crime like this.

Wood said that at this time, it does not appear anyone else is involved. The investigation continues, he said.
Kirkpatrick remains in jail in McCook this morning. He will be arraigned in Red Willow County Court in the McCook courthouse, before Judge Anne Paine, Thursday at 11:30 a.m.
Involved in the investigation are the McCook police, the Red Willow County Sheriff's Office, the Nebraska State Patrol and the FBI Evidence Recovery Team.
Kailee is the daughter of Nora and Kelly Clapp of McCook. Memorial services for Kailee are scheduled Thursday, 10:30 a.m., at McCook Memorial Auditorium, West Fifth and C Streets, in McCook. Inurnment will be at a later date.
Nora Clapp said she was "mad as hell -- I hope (the suspect) he gets everything he deserves."
Still, she said, "I want him to have a fair trial," even if it involves moving it somewhere else.
She had high praise for the three officers and detective with the McCook Police Department involved in the case saying they investigated "every tiny lead" and didn't let up until the case was solved.

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1697448.html
Late Friday afternoon, a person of interest, an 18-year-old Bartley man. was identified and questioned. Red Willow County Attorney Paul Wood said this morning that the man, Stathis S.M. Kirkpatrick, was detained by police late Friday; Kirkpatrick did not turn himself him, Wood said.
Late Friday evening, McCook police officials discovered a body they believed to be Kailee's at the Bartley Cemetery. The body was taken Saturday for an autopsy in Omaha.

Also says she has been positively identified.

These cases involving teens are worse than any works of fiction I ever read...downright terrifying!

Did not turn himself in...wonder what led to him? I am hoping other teens, if they had knowledge.

Did not turn himself in...wonder what led to him? I am hoping other teens, if they had knowledge.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Body_Found_Believed_To_Be_Missing_Girl_114456389.html

This link states information about the blood found behind the home. There is quite a bit of "in the know" information that was posted on the POI's facebook page (not by him....comments from others) that corroborates and expands upon that information. I would make a list of it as rumor, but am not sure what exactly is allowed to be posted here, as his page was open and he is NOT a minor, but some of those posting information were minors. Anyway, his page seems to have been shut down now, his mother was on it getting into a bit of a tiff with those posting and then it suddenly was shut down even though she said she wanted to do so but could not. Someone must have found a way to do that though.

jmo

Nancy Grace is covering this tonight. I swear she reads Websleuths.

Weird -- I didn't think his FB page was open (when it existed); only saw some photos that were open to the public. Same with Kailee's. Wonder if they were locked down right away?

The only thing on FB now is an anti-POI group -- you can find it if you search his name. Understandably, people are mad as heck.

Such a sad story. I fear ever bringing a child into this world these days...

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Body_Found_Believed_To_Be_Missing_Girl_114456389.html

This link states information about the blood found behind the home. There is quite a bit of "in the know" information that was posted on the POI's facebook page (not by him....comments from others) that corroborates and expands upon that information. I would make a list of it as rumor, but am not sure what exactly is allowed to be posted here, as his page was open and he is NOT a minor, but some of those posting information were minors. Anyway, his page seems to have been shut down now, his mother was on it getting into a bit of a tiff with those posting and then it suddenly was shut down even though she said she wanted to do so but could not. Someone must have found a way to do that though.

jmo

Weird -- I didn't think his FB page was open (when it existed); only saw some photos that were open to the public. Same with Kailee's. Wonder if they were locked down right away?

The only thing on FB now is an anti-POI group -- you can find it if you search his name. Understandably, people are mad as heck.

Such a sad story. I fear ever bringing a child into this world these days...

His was open until a few hours ago....the anti-POI page as you describe it is MILD compared to what was being posted on his actual page. There were friends and relatives, and sadly, kids who had both him and Kailee on their friends lists. It is really a double blow to lose a friend and to KNOW the person responsible.

jmo

OMG!!!!!!!!! Jean C on Nancy Grace reporting that there was a pool of blood outside her door and that police even after knowing about the blood labeled this as a runaway!! What is happening to our justice system!!

NGS
-Mother says not her BF
-MarcK-real prob is LE loves to jump on runaway position, and puts burden of recovery on t parents
-mom and sis saw night before at 9:30 and 10:30 PM

NG: Not her BF; not some doing of her own
MK: can lure out via the computer; can think meeting a peer...
NG: a pool of blood a few feet from back door
-Mom calls police 7:11 AM, but too late (Sister last saw at 10:30 PM getting ready for bed)

I really liked what Mark Klass said about this case via NG.

Thank you Mark Klass.

NG is saying she was last seen at 11:30 that night, but there are reports saying it was at 3:30 AM. Am I missing something? Or did someone really see her at 3AM?

Video of bed---don't know when it was taken>the unmade bed

MarcK: lock windows and doors; have nice big dog.
MarcK: Other way to get in is through the internet; little legislation protecting children on the internet (from intrusion).

I think it will come out that she was lured outside by a text message.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back