2011.01.25 Baez Unavailability and Correspondence

-----------------------------
I may have dreamed this...Doesnt he have a wife who is pregnant? I could swear I read it somewhere.It shocked me because I didnt know he married again..:seeya:

That is the other Jose on her team, Jose Garcia.
Jose Baez is the divorced/remarried one..

M-F sounds more like a planned trip. Probably a planned vacation scheduled for before the trial madness begins. can't fault him for that. Love him or hate him, he's still not the one that did the crime, and it isn't unreasonable to expect him to be able to squeeze in something resembling a normal life around it.

What he's doing and has done is worse than what most people ever do in their lives. He's not much better than Casey.

Perhaps jose garcia is his brother in law. Her maiden name is Garcia :)

M-F sounds more like a planned trip. Probably a planned vacation scheduled for before the trial madness begins. can't fault him for that. Love him or hate him, he's still not the one that did the crime, and it isn't unreasonable to expect him to be able to squeeze in something resembling a normal life around it.

But don't you think it would be better if he was caught up and taking a break instead of way behind and pushing off more work for another week? That's what I don't like. He needs to earn a vacation, and he hasn't done that YET. And this is like the second week vacation he's taken during this case. I say he doesn't get a vacation until he's caught up in the case!

Any guesses as to what this is about? I wonder why he's unavailable? I didn't think any hearings or anything were scheduled for this time period, but I could be wrong. Here's hoping Muzikman gets us the documents soon!

I don't like the sound of Baez on another vacation though. He sure takes a lot of those. :furious:
It's President's week...big vacation time. He's going away with his family.

I completely agree. However,

If I ever took a vacation 15 weeks before one of my trials I wouldn't have a job for too long.

Oh I remember Lorena...weren't the cell (bat??) phones in her name?

I think you're right about that. Couldn't the SA's office call her as a witness in I don't know, an obstruction case, disbarment hearing, perjury.....

Novice Seeker

I completely agree. However,

If I ever took a vacation 15 weeks before one of my trials I wouldn't have a job for too long.

At my old firm, they would say "all shore leave is cancelled"......
we knew it was crunch time. Seriously, if we had cots in the office, we could have used them. Otherwise, go home around 1:00 a.m. - back at work at 8:00 a.m. Weekends, holidays, didn't matter.

At my old firm, they would say "all shore leave is cancelled"......
we knew it was crunch time. Seriously, if we had cots in the office, we could have used them. Otherwise, go home around 1:00 a.m. - back at work at 8:00 a.m. Weekends, holidays, didn't matter.

Yup, that's been my experience every trial I've ever worked on. Even sleep was a precious commodity. I remember working until 3 am on day only to get up and be back at 8 am and do it again.

At my firm the receptionist makes a call over our speakers on our floors at closing time indicating that food will be ordered at a certain time for dinner. And that's every night. That should tell you that the legal field requires long and tedious hours, even when NOT preparing for trial.

Wrt. Vacation.

I guess it depends on if you have a defense, if there is a coherent strategy, if there is an objective, if there is any work to do or ... if you are just very busy delaying and obfuscating waiting for the inevitable hammer to fall? Running out the clock.

..those dates are a monday (21) through friday (25) , that sounds more work related than a vacation to me.

On Notices of Unavailability, one normally does not include non-Court days in the notice, even if those are part of the vacation. Thus, JB could be taking a vacation from Friday evening on 2-18-11 through Sunday evening on 2-27-11.

Florida Bar Convention is that week...in Orlando. My company will be exhibiting, do you suppose I might meet the famous Mr. Baez???!!
2011 Annual Florida Bar Convention June 22-25, 2011
at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando

On Notices of Unavailability, one normally does not include non-Court days in the notice, even if those are part of the vacation. Thus, JB could be taking a vacation from Friday evening on 2-18-11 through Sunday evening on 2-27-11.

FYI for all those clicking "quote" on gitana's post -

I am pretty sure it is against the TOS to start a riot. :D

Florida Bar Convention is that week...in Orlando. My company will be exhibiting, do you suppose I might meet the famous Mr. Baez???!!
2011 Annual Florida Bar Convention June 22-25, 2011
at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando

Please point and laugh if you see him, from me :)

FYI for all those clicking "quote" on gitana's post -

I am pretty sure it is against the TOS to start a riot. :D

Totally O/T.

Beach, you're too funny. That is all :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads