Tampering Investigation Who? What? When? Where? We already know why!

WWW.WESH.com has the video of the news report. Focused strictly on LB.
There is a mention of e-mails to Cindy and Baez from LB. We haven't seen the LB to CA e-mails have we?
I believe that MN may have forwarded the emails he received to Cindy.

I can think of one good reason why all the local media are staying well away from talking about possible tampering case against any Attorney - they do not want to get embroiled in a lawsuit accusing them of Slander or defamation. LB has to take her lumps because it would be more difficult for her to sue and it seems she admitted in her November deposition to 'changing' a document and lying.

An attorney is never going to admit to anything and could drag a slander suit out for a long, long time, tying up $$ and time for whichever media outlet they chose to sue.

ITA

I'd also like to add that my impression is that while LB may or may not have actually intended to alter / change / tamper with search documents, there must a reason for her or ANYONE else to do so.

The only logical reason is to "help" KC.

There are a number of people that got caught up in the "mystery surrounding
a missing child" for various reasons. Not all of those reasons were altruistic.

We have seen ordinary folks that camped out in front of the Anthony home making life for anyone in that neighborhood miserable.

We have seen folks jump through hoops to give an interview when they had nothing of value to offer. An aside....have you ever noticed that the media plucks the MOST ridiculous people to interview? They never pick Joe business suit, they pick Joe Bob overalls and a dip in the mouth. JMO

I think it is too early to label LB as a perp with fraudulent motives. I am not saying it isn't the case, just that we don't know the whole story. LB was manipulated by someone(s). If she wasn't we never would have heard her name.

Think about it. How many TES searchers volunteered their assistance to the defense??? Did she? Who knows. How many volunteered their assistance to the SAO? Who knows.

What I am saying is that while LB may or may not have inappropriately handled docs......what possible motive would she have for doing that? Grab a soundbite on TV, score an interview with a local news station, maybe get a cameo on Nancy Grace....those would be motive for being vocal and inserting yourself into the case.

BUT, to tamper with a doc...allegedly....who has the real motive here???

Food for thought.

snip

What I am saying is that while LB may or may not have inappropriately handled docs......what possible motive would she have for doing that? Grab a soundbite on TV, score an interview with a local news station, maybe get a cameo on Nancy Grace....those would be motive for being vocal and inserting yourself into the case.

BUT, to tamper with a doc...allegedly....who has the real motive here???

Food for thought.

BBM: I think that is exactly why she did what she did. I would not be surprised if she stuffed a form in her pocket/backpack and forgot it was there until much later. How many of us have stuck our hand in a jacket we haven't worn for awhile and pulled something out?

She had just a taste of the excitement of this case while she was a searcher. The Media swarmed all over the place, especially on the September searches. They were interviewing anyone who stood still for more than 60 seconds. She saw this and was unable to get her chance before the camera. Fast forward to when Caylee was found. How soon after that did J. Jordan come up in the news about not thinking Caylee was there? He got a lot of exposure for that and for his earlier searching didn't he? I can see LB finding that half filled out form she forgot to turn in and seeing this as her big chance at her 15 minutes of fame.

Now was she encouraged by the Defense and Mort - oh I am sure she was. but I think she came up with that search form all on her own, I really do.

:goodpost:

I wonder what, if any ramifications there are for the defense's failure to do due diligence and thoroughly check out their "key witness". Think about how many hearings were related to the TES searchers, depositions taken, magistrate appointed all on the basis of a lie!

The defense needs to be held accountable!

Agreed. It is bizarre behavior though ... To run with something until it backfires without first checking it/them out. You'd think they'd do lessons learnt and only make the same mistake once ... But no!

In the pictures recently posted here (no sure which thread), there's a group of photos taken with the pictures from KC's room where there's a poster with pictures of KC and her friends and I'm assuming this was taken when LE was in the house after the remains were found in December because the journal copy is in this group. Beside the picture is a letter which someone photographed along with the poster. The letter ironically is from a Laura who was, it appears from the letter, born in 198?. LB was born in 1980 and the writing on the letter is very similar to LB's. It would be interesting to know if this letter was from LB and why LE included it in their photos. jmo

Here it is on page 17:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html

In the pictures recently posted here (no sure which thread), there's a group of photos taken with the pictures from KC's room where there's a poster with pictures of KC and her friends and I'm assuming this was taken when LE was in the house after the remains were found in December because the journal copy is in this group. Beside the picture is a letter which someone photographed along with the poster. The letter ironically is from a Laura who was, it appears from the letter, born in 198?. LB was born in 1980 and the writing on the letter is very similar to LB's. It would be interesting to know if this letter was from LB and why LE included it in their photos. jmo

The Laura in the letter says her birthday is March 19, 1986 (I think it is 86, I can see the 8 but not sure of the last number). LB was born 6/20/1980 so they are not the same person.

:goodpost:

I wonder what, if any ramifications there are for the defense's failure to do due diligence and thoroughly check out their "key witness". Think about how many hearings were related to the TES searchers, depositions taken, magistrate appointed all on the basis of a lie!

The defense needs to be held accountable!

Think about how much taxpayer money has been spent in investigating TES searchers and "leads" and yet they could not determine that LB was a fraud?

Hi. Just popping in to say I hope you all (especially Musikman) don't think I was complaining or trying to say, go faster! go faster! on the newer LB depo. I was just wondering if the WESH report was the final word, so to speak. If their summary included the depo we hadn't read yet.

I'm definitely so appreciative of Musikman for the amazing, extra mile (or 50) he goes to get the docs and post them here. It's unbelievable what he does for us. I'm grateful truly.

I was just a bit stunned, like, "Is that all there is?". I had high hopes when LB did her second depo the SA made no bones about the trouble she was in if she didn't cough up the full and complete truth.

Anyway... thanks MM! I can wait for the next doc, believe me -- no complaints, just was confused about what the article was referencing and it threw me off balance for a minute.

Whatever. I don't think the defense is going to come out of this unscathed, even if their fingerprints weren't left behind. It'll all come out in the wash. :)

Think about how much taxpayer money has been spent in investigating TES searchers and "leads" and yet they could not determine that LB was a fraud?

no doubt!

WORST.
PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR.
EVER.

Unless they didn't want to thwart her claims, iykwim?

Ann Pham said she thought LB did it for the attention. IMO it made her feel important. Why did she tell so many various stories about her profession? That in itself is very telling because who does that remind you of? Shades of both Casey and JW. Completely self serving with no regard for justice for Caylee. Look at how she speaks. Every other word is vulgar. That kid and so on. Just like Casey she thought she could get away with it and gain notoriety as the witness that saved CA. All imo of course.

I really want to see LB's depo where she admits to falsifying the document. I know it's still under investigation but why wasn't she arrested on the spot? When Casey admitted lying she was arrested. Her lawyer was present also so are they promising her a deal if she testifies that others were involved. Bigger fish?

Hi. Just popping in to say I hope you all (especially Musikman) don't think I was complaining or trying to say, go faster! go faster! on the newer LB depo. I was just wondering if the WESH report was the final word, so to speak. If their summary included the depo we hadn't read yet.

I'm definitely so appreciative of Musikman for the amazing, extra mile (or 50) he goes to get the docs and post them here. It's unbelievable what he does for us. I'm grateful truly.

I was just a bit stunned, like, "Is that all there is?". I had high hopes when LB did her second depo the SA made no bones about the trouble she was in if she didn't cough up the full and complete truth.

Anyway... thanks MM! I can wait for the next doc, believe me -- no complaints, just was confused about what the article was referencing and it threw me off balance for a minute.

Whatever. I don't think the defense is going to come out of this unscathed, even if their fingerprints weren't left behind. It'll all come out in the wash. :)

Did ya see MuzikMan's post about Laura's Nov 17th depo having (66) exhibits!!!!
WOW! I wanna see what the exhibits are about!

MM said: "I did not get it yet; it is 261 pages (195 for depo, 66 pages of exhibits).

I'm not sure that WESH actually had it; no purchases show up on the Clerk's site. While I was there, the Sentinel reporter was reading it in the viewing room, but did not purchase it.

MM"

Did ya see MuzikMan's post about Laura's Nov 17th depo having (66) exhibits!!!!
WOW! I wanna see what the exhibits are about!

MM said: "I did not get it yet; it is 261 pages (195 for depo, 66 pages of exhibits).

I'm not sure that WESH actually had it; no purchases show up on the Clerk's site. While I was there, the Sentinel reporter was reading it in the viewing room, but did not purchase it.

MM"

WOW! Thanks for the heads up. I'm keeping HOPE ALIVE (hehe).

(Now that I think about it, would WESH have digested all that material (from the new depo) fast enough to have an analysis ready this morning? I'm thinking NOOOOOO. :)

Not unless they broke their backs over the weekend and I don't think so. They're always 10 steps behind the bloggers anyway. When's the last time WESH broke a story? Can't think of many, or even one!

OK goodnight all. Doin' the happy dance on my way out.

WOW! Thanks for the heads up. I'm keeping HOPE ALIVE (hehe).

(Now that I think about it, would WESH have digested all that material (from the new depo) fast enough to have an analysis ready this morning? I'm thinking NOOOOOO. :)

Not unless they broke their backs over the weekend and I don't think so. They're always 10 steps behind the bloggers anyway. When's the last time WESH broke a story? Can't think of many, or even one!

OK goodnight all. Doin' the happy dance on my way out.

A little birdie told WESH about the story.. :innocent: :wink:

BBM: I think that is exactly why she did what she did. I would not be surprised if she stuffed a form in her pocket/backpack and forgot it was there until much later. How many of us have stuck our hand in a jacket we haven't worn for awhile and pulled something out?

She had just a taste of the excitement of this case while she was a searcher. The Media swarmed all over the place, especially on the September searches. They were interviewing anyone who stood still for more than 60 seconds. She saw this and was unable to get her chance before the camera. Fast forward to when Caylee was found. How soon after that did J. Jordan come up in the news about not thinking Caylee was there? He got a lot of exposure for that and for his earlier searching didn't he? I can see LB finding that half filled out form she forgot to turn in and seeing this as her big chance at her 15 minutes of fame.

Now was she encouraged by the Defense and Mort - oh I am sure she was. but I think she came up with that search form all on her own, I really do.

I agree and let me clarify.....I was not saying that she didn't do it...only that if she did....she was likely motivated by some sort of contact or a promise of a relationship with SOMEONE.

Much like Joy W........there were parties that had to have assessed who was most able to be "encouraged, motivated, driven, drawn, or more likely EASILY MANIPULATED."

The question is... Exactly who was responsible for "target identification and courting"? There are a few to choose from on that list. IMO

no doubt!

WORST.
PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR.
EVER.

Unless they didn't want to thwart her claims, iykwim?

How hard would it have actually been to directly contact TES and request any documents that mention LB? Not try and send in the A's family attorney to surreptitiously look for them (for almost a year, with no response! Gee get a clue Jose!), but simply request it of MN? If there was a concern of getting everything from TES submit it as a court filing? When the documents sent back do not include the one that LB gave them or contradictory documents are found, then they would have had a LEGITIMATE reason to do a more thorough search of the TES documents. (That court ordered Magistrate can work both ways you know.) heck at that point MN probably would have helped them in order to determine the cause of the discrepancy. And once the discrepancy was found defense investigators should have been all over her. It's not like they could have hid LB from the prosecution. And gee maybe it would have been better for all involved if the defense did their proper due diligence and found the problems? Rather than the SA discovering them in a single interview and having LE open a felony investigation that included the defense star witness and possibly several members of the defense team?

And this is the point where it becomes abundantly clear that this was not just a lone loony tune falsifying a document and misleading the defense. Too many steps were missed in evaluating LB. And not just by Jose. Yeah we may almost expect this lack of due diligence or effort from him. This ability to accept anything exculpatory at face value. But I'm sorry CM was up to his countrified colloquial armpits in the TES circus. This sure as hell is not his first rodeo. he had more than enough direct interaction with TES. And he obviously was deeply involved with the LB situation. he most certainly would have known to use it to get direct access to TES. The only reason he and JB did not was quite frankly they willfully chose not to look too deeply at the document or LB's story. Their only investigation into it was a deliberate and surreptitious look at whether it could be easily disproved. They knew it was fake, but were opting for a simple situation of deniability if it got found out. Not the actual truthfulness of the evidence. And I really wish there was a way they could be called on this obvious lack of legal ethics and blatant disrespect of the law, the courts and their own client.

I actually feel sorry for KC in all of this. She is a diabolicly lying sociopathic child killer. But even she deserves a better defense and more honest than this.

I really want to see LB's depo where she admits to falsifying the document. I know it's still under investigation but why wasn't she arrested on the spot? When Casey admitted lying she was arrested. Her lawyer was present also so are they promising her a deal if she testifies that others were involved. Bigger fish?

BBM
Unless this info is in new docs yet unseen, I think that WESH likely reported in a manner that would imply that she had actually admitted it.

Kind of a walk the fence statement.

It's sickening. The harassment of the searchers by the DT, time and resources taken away from other LE investigations, because of this fraud. Tim Miller & TES getting dragged through the mud. :furious:

I need to see this second depo!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back