TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/19/missing-teens-brother-staying-with-relative/

The brother of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn is staying with a relative, family members said Wednesday.

Pete Kampfer, city manager of Colorado City, confirmed the report and said the Texas Department of Protective and Family Services was involved in the placement of 16-year-old [DD] in another home.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26545922/detail.html

KTXS learned Wednesday that Hailey Dunn's older brother, [DD], has been taken into temporary custody of Child Protective Services.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs.

Here is the link as requested.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26564175/detail.html

Thursday, we did speak to a representative from Child Protective Services. Wednesday, we reported Hailey's older brother David was removed from Billie Dunn's home. Thursday, CPS would not confirm if they are investigating the family.

However, a spokeswoman did say there are instances when CPS is investigating a family that they ask the family to place a child voluntarily outside the home pending the outcome of that investigation.

BD was on Nancy Grace saying he was not removed, which of course can not be verified due to CPS policy regarding privacy and investigations. So all things considered that cannot be considered fact either.

Thought I should bring this over from the last thread as I couldn't tag it:

Hailey_Dunn_Timeline3.jpg

Pondering, can you please link the info that confirms that DD was removed by CPS? if I recall correctly, Kampfer issued a statement that he was mistaken when he said that they removed DD. I thought that Billie chose to send DD to live with her brother because of the hateful people cruising the house and throwing things or hurling insults. Has there been a different statement negating Kampfer's statment that he was mistaken?

TIA!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

Pete Kampfer, city manager of Colorado City, confirmed the report and said the Texas Department of Protective and Family Services was involved in the placement of 16-year-old David Dunn in another home.

Officials at Child Protective Services, however, could not confirm involvement in the case, said CPS public information officer Marleigh Meisner.

BBM If we are going to state that you recall something different in the spirit of asking for a link from other posters, you should provide one which states that Pete K recalled his statement.

Thanks.

Didn't one of Hailey's friends also say Hailey was afraid of SA? I think she was interviewed....I'll look for the link. Not MB, another little girl.

Hi everyone!
I live in Canada and just learnt of this poor little girl's disappearance on NancyG show. My heart breaks for all those who love her and and would love nothing more then to have Hailey back in their arms.

We have a case in Canada here where I feel Deju all over again. The child who went missing was ToriS. I don't know if anyone followed her case, but it is very heartbreaking. There are so many similarities in these 2 cases, it's unreal. #1 similarity is how so many people speculated mom was guilty in the disappearance of Tori. She certainly took a lot of flack and the sad truth was, she was not the one guilty of her daughter's death. 2 people are sitting in jail right now. A 19 year old female who plead guilty and a 29 year old male who will probably have his trial this year, as he's pleading not guilty.

I have a very hard time believing that any mother would/could be involved in her child's death, but that's just me. Unfortunately it happens way to often.

I watched BD's PC the other day, and what I came away with is that she was very nervous, sad, frusrated. At the end when she was asked about whether she was in contact with SA, she reluctantly divulged "we're friendly". She somewhat turned away as if to avoid what I assume possible glares or smirks from onlookers. I just wonder if she is only keeping in contact with SA hoping he break. It just seemed hard for her to admit she still had contact with him. The only problem is tho, is if they're still talking on the phone, he won't say anything knowing he could be monitored. I wonder if they see each other in person. If BD has no knowledge of his possible involvement, and she's staying in touch with him hoping he'll crack, ugh that would be horrifying being in his presence and having suspicions. Our Canadian mom held PCs everyday, never searched, never cried, lived with her bf who had a criminal past, drug use... so many similarities it's actually scarey. I guess that's why I'm second guessing our right now giving BC the benefit of a doubt, that possible BC isn't involved.

Hailey please come home! You are loved and wanted.

Bless you people who are so determined to help find this precious little girl.

January 19th episode of Nancy Grace BD says herself that CPS interviewed DD.

Same day PK confirms that CPS was involved in the protective custody transfer.

CPS clarifies later that day that they cannot officially comment on the case.

PK and CPS state that transfer of children during an investigation is a common precautionary step while not commenting on any specific case.

Here is the link as requested.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26564175/detail.html

Thursday, we did speak to a representative from Child Protective Services. Wednesday, we reported Hailey's older brother David was removed from Billie Dunn's home. Thursday, CPS would not confirm if they are investigating the family.

However, a spokeswoman did say there are instances when CPS is investigating a family that they ask the family to place a child voluntarily outside the home pending the outcome of that investigation.

BD was on Nancy Grace saying he was not removed, which of course can not be verified due to CPS policy regarding privacy and investigations. So all things considered that cannot be considered fact either.

That doesn't say that's the case here at all though..'there are instances when' ? So, is this the *confirmation* that TGIR is talking about? That confirms that CPS is not going to confirm or deny..just as I said in my post..I KNOW that people talk differently in Texas..so I'm sure CPS must be different too..:banghead:..but in SC at least if DSS (as it is called here) is involved in any way..they are calling the shots until THEY say otherwise, I assure you. Billie may VERY WELL have been told to send him somewhere or they would...THAT'S NOT unusual at all..I'd bet Tx is NOT that much different in the respect that once they are involved...Billie won't be bringing him home until THEY say so...JMHO and all that...

This is so ridiculous....that's MO too...

Hi everyone!
I live in Canada and just learnt of this poor little girl's disappearance on NancyG show. My heart breaks for all those who love her and and would love nothing more then to have Hailey back in their arms.

Respectfully snipped :)

:welcome:

We are all praying !!!

Didn't one of Hailey's friends also say Hailey was afraid of SA? I think she was interviewed....I'll look for the link. Not MB, another little girl.

Amster, I remember it also. It was a video - and I can't recall where it was posted, but I hope that helps you in your search...

Welcome swedie! :)

January 19th episode of Nancy Grace BD says herself that CPS interviewed DD.

Same day PK confirms that CPS was involved in the protective custody transfer.

CPS clarifies later that day that they cannot officially comment on the case.

PK and CPS state that transfer of children during an investigation is a common precautionary step while not commenting on any specific case.
And the key word to all that is "placed".

DD was "placed" with his uncle. Even BD said on NG that she decided to "place" him there. The article linked above used the word "placement".

DD was "placed" with relatives pending the outcome of this investigation. You can bet a judge was involved and paperwork was signed. That's what they do when they "place" a child.

Amster, I remember it also. It was a video - and I can't recall where it was posted, but I hope that helps you in your search...

Still looking for it, thanks! Glad someone else remembered it!

Welcome! Swedie.

I did not follow Victoria Stafford case very close but I do remember it. I never did hear if she knew her murders.

I hope Hailey case turns out very different than Victoria's case.

And again Welcome!

Was there ever any possible evidence found at any of the landfill sites? I know if there was, they won't release what they found. I'm just wondering if by chance SA did turn his coveralls at work, and whoever cleans them decided they were too worn out to reuse and possibly ended up at the landfill. Maybe this is something that was found. (If anything has been found) Sorry hope this makes sense lol.

And the key word to all that is "placed".

DD was "placed" with his uncle. Even BD said on NG that she decided to "place" him there. The article linked above used the word "placement".

DD was "placed" with relatives pending the outcome of this investigation. You can bet a judge was involved and paperwork was signed. That's what they do when they "place" a child.

And he's living right around the corner from CD,he just took him to his first martial arts class.

Welcome! Swedie.

I did not follow Victoria Stafford case very close but I do remember it. I never did hear if she knew her murders.

I hope Hailey case turns out very different than Victoria's case.

And again Welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
It has been reported that the murderers just chose her at random. Tori's mom had spoke to the female's (convicted) mother about breeding their Shitzus once or twice, and Tori's mom's bf was familar also I believe with the female's mom regarding drugs, if my memory serves me correctly. I can hardly wait for justice to be fully served in that case.

I pray for a different outcome also in Hailey's case. This is so heartbreaking.

Thank you everyone for the warm, heartfelt welcome!!!

We know that Hailey slept often at her father's house. Has there been any reference to DD sleeping there also? Just wondered how that worked since their separation.

Yes, DD spent a lot of time there too. I remember seeing references here about DD spending the night at Clint's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliebeni