2011.02.27 - C.City Being Evacuated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wind has been very high. Has calmed down today. My car is covered in dust that came from that very area. West TX is scrub oak and tumble weeds. You could probably start a huge grass fire with a match out there. jmo

IMO, wouldn't even need a match...just a piece of glass and the sun. If it's as bad as CO can get....last summer we had a really dry spell...fires in the mountains...we live in a field right off a busy highway, and we were very worried about someone throwing a lit cigarette out of their car and starting a grass fire. If that happened, we would've been toast. Quite literally, lol :crazy:

BD said she had to leave town with her 'family'.........because of the fire.
Now who would be included in her 'family' unit?
Is she allowed to have DD?
Did SA go with her?
Where did they go?

BD said she had to leave town with her 'family'.........because of the fire.
Now who would be included in her 'family' unit?
Is she allowed to have DD?
Did SA go with her?
Where did they go?

Did she say she was leaving "because of the fire"....I have not seen where she gave a reason, only that she did. I did find this however, which leads me to believe...she may still be home and it was just an excuse.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/news-blog-newsroom-extra/?nxd_id=347626

Maria stopped by the Dunn homes shortly after 4 p.m. to go over some ground rules for the chat and discuss exactly how things would take place. She tells me Billie came to the door and said she wasn’t going to take part in the chat. Billie said she was going out of town with relatives and she didn’t want them to have to wait on her. Billie quickly closed the door and went back inside the home.

Maria returned shortly thereafter in an attempt to get Billie to explain, on camera, why she pulled out of the event. This time, Billie didn’t come to the door.

And in BD speak, "out of town" could have meant they were going to Snyder to her bros'...lol.

And in BD speak, "out of town" could have meant they were going to Snyder to her bros'...lol.

Seriously though, you are absolutely right. I never will forget when I was up at my kids high school for something and a grandma was there to pick up her grandson, who had called and said he was sick. Grandma told office staff that she was there to get him because "his mother was out of town." I knew the parents and of course I chimed in and said, oh, where did they go -- someplace fun I hope?? And grandma said, oh, she just had to go into Dallas for an errand this afternoon. I silently was like - that's out of town?? That's where I go to work every day - that's where I'm going now!!! Never knew I worked out of town!!

They were saying something about the smoke and what not being in Ft. Worth yesterday because of the fires.

Came here to post the same thing. Wonder if BD got out of town before the plagues and wars show up next?!
Well tell her to stay outta Arkansas. We've got enough troubles with earthquakes, dead fish, and birds dropping dead out of the sky without her help!

I guess I'm more small town than I realized lol. I thought anytime I left the city limits I was out of town. I would call Midland out of town, C-City out of town, and definitely Dallas out of town.

But then again, I still call going to the store going to town.

Came here to post the same thing. Wonder if BD got out of town before the plagues and wars show up next?!

She had her own plague with SA. imo

I guess I'm more small town than I realized lol. I thought anytime I left the city limits I was out of town. I would call Midland out of town, C-City out of town, and definitely Dallas out of town.

lol, you made me remember where we used to live. It was about "7 blocks", outside of the city limits.......we went "to town" too. :floorlaugh:

Yeah, that's how I grew up, too -- slightly larger scale. Going to Bozeman was going to town. Going to Belgrade was just...Belgrade. But if I was going to visit my brother where he works in Three Forks, that would be going out of town for the afternoon.

And we'd probably have lunch at the strip club, because they have the best cheap food...the strip club is out of town, over by the highway (I-90).

Colorado City Fire Affecting Hailey Dunn Investigation

Manpower in Colorado City is being routed away from the Hailey Dunn disappearance investigation to the wildfire that raged on the edge of town Sunday night, according to city manager Pete Kampfer.

We need all hands on deck to deal with this fire, he said.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=347906

My BF's DH and SIL are volunteer FF. They are worn out.

I pray for their safety.

Well tell her to stay outta Arkansas. We've got enough troubles with earthquakes, dead fish, and birds dropping dead out of the sky without her help!
I live in East Texas & we've had the dead birds too. & I'm trippin' on yalls earthquakes. MOO.

I live in East Texas & we've had the dead birds too. & I'm trippin' on yalls earthquakes. MOO.

I am going to East Texas Friday. Longview area. Hope no birds are falling there.

Seriously though, you are absolutely right. I never will forget when I was up at my kids high school for something and a grandma was there to pick up her grandson, who had called and said he was sick. Grandma told office staff that she was there to get him because "his mother was out of town." I knew the parents and of course I chimed in and said, oh, where did they go -- someplace fun I hope?? And grandma said, oh, she just had to go into Dallas for an errand this afternoon. I silently was like - that's out of town?? That's where I go to work every day - that's where I'm going now!!! Never knew I worked out of town!!

They were saying something about the smoke and what not being in Ft. Worth yesterday because of the fires.

Too cute. When I lived in the mountains, I would often call my dad to tell him I was going "into town" which was about 90 minutes away. I guess I could have said "out of town", but that would imply that I was leaving on an overnight trip, such as back to San Diego.

Is the BJD's Texas speak? Do we know if she's home today (sorry, I haven't checked up thread).

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members