GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Claudia Lawrence case is in the news today could she be the thirty to forty year old found at Avonmouth

Police admitted there were similarities with the cases of MH and J Y two other blonde British women who disappeared in 1996 and 2010 respectively.

Police admitted there were similarities with the cases of MH and J Y two other blonde British women who disappeared in 1996 and 2010 respectively.

Which would be straight cut and paste from Wikipedia as in;

Police admitted there were similarities with the cases of Melanie Hall and Joanna Yeates, two other blonde British women who disappeared in 1996 and 2010 respectively, but said that they have not yet found direct evidence to link them.[27]

h t t p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Claudia_Lawrence

The Wikipedia article cited source for this information is the Daily Mail of the 25th December

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341520/Missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-Police-womans-body.html

This article states that "detectives investigating the Miss Yeates's disappearance began looking at similarities with the vanishing of chef Claudia Lawrence ... but said there is no evidence yet to suggest the cases are linked". So there is no admission that were actually any similarities between the two cases; the police were merely looking to see if there were any similarities, but hadn't so far found any. And whilst the Daily Mail article states that "Jo's disappearance also bears chilling similarities to that of Melanie Hall", it also includes a direct quote from Chief Superintendent Mr Stratford to the effect that "I am not aware of any contact between the two teams and at the current time I am not aware of anything to connect the disappearance of Melanie Hall with this disappearance".

So (and not for the first time in my experience) the information contained in the Wikipedia article is a load of old nonsense. It's frequently the case that Wikipedia will contain seemingly factual information that is apparently supported by an impressive looking citation, but the actually cited article says something quite different.

I see the Claudia Lawrence case is in the news today could she be the thirty to forty year old found at Avonmouth

The skeletised remains are from a woman about 5ft 3in or 5ft 4in tall, of "medium build" and "probably" aged between 30 and 45. Claudia Lawrence was 35, but of slim build and 5' 6" tall.

Yes and she looks very like all the girls, melanie, joanna, and now Jia....as well. Very pretty, just Sian and Jia had dark hair but were quite educated.

God I hope there isnt still a perp out there killing and this VT is just a mistake......

Melanie Hall - abducted, died from blunt force trauma, naked body wrapped in bin bigs, dumped and not found for years
Joanna Yeates - possibly abducted, died from strangulation, clothed body dumped on a roadside, discovery inevitable
Jia Ashton - not abducted, beaten to death, no attempt to move body

Looks like three different perps to me.

Joanna's body must have been taken by vehicle from the flat to Longwood Lane. As far as we know, the police didn't remove any other cars from the area of Canynge Rd or Aberdeen Rd. If they had, the media would have jumped on it.

This suggests that they believe they have the car she was transported in and that it's one of the ones they took away from Canynge Rd. This would point to the possibility of VT using one of those cars to remove her and the forensics would need to support that.

The other possibility is that VT borrowed a car from someone else in a different area and the police have taken that car but I think that would have leaked out eg friend / colleague of VT has his/her taken by police - not an easy thing to keep secret.

Joanna's body must have been taken by vehicle from the flat to Longwood Lane. As far as we know, the police didn't remove any other cars from the area of Canynge Rd or Aberdeen Rd. If they had, the media would have jumped on it.

This suggests that they believe they have the car she was transported in and that it's one of the ones they took away from Canynge Rd. This would point to the possibility of VT using one of those cars to remove her and the forensics would need to support that.

The other possibility is that VT borrowed a car from someone else in a different area and the police have taken that car but I think that would have leaked out eg friend / colleague of VT has his/her taken by police - not an easy thing to keep secret.

I would say it was another car we don't know about.
VT was arrested three weeks after CJ and his cars were taken away.
Anyone under arrest who lent their car to VT would say so unless they wanted to be accused of being an accomplice and I doubt that very much. CJ clearly isn't.
Therefore if CJ lent a car he would have said so straight away and the police would have moved into VT's flat before there was anymore lost forensics and not wait three weeks.

Much thanks to those who are carrying this thread along, as we await the coming trial. When I started it (twelve threads back) it was Christmas Eve and there was still hope for finding Joanna alive. That soon disappeared, sadly. The hunt for her killer had begun, and even with the eventual arrest and charges, healthy, "innocent until proven guilty" doubt remains. As I've said before, the quality of the dialogue on this thread has been excellent, and continues to be. Thanks again to those posting.

I see the body was found just a few feet from the side of a country lane, just like JY.

Rather strange that the police were convinced, from mobile phone records, that she would be found in Savernake Forest where the big search took place, and yet the location is many miles from there, and in totally the opposite direction.

The report in The Sun says that "officers from another force asked for a DNA sample [from the arrested man] to see if was linked to ANOTHER clubber's death in 1996". I imagine this would be A&S investigating Melanie Hall's death.

The taxi driver himself led the police to the spot where the body was, and also admitted there was another body too - someone he killed in 2001 though he wouldn't say what sex they were (odd that. Considering he seems to have been in full confession mode why not say what sex the other victim was?)

I don't think he's told them where the other body is either. Articles are a bit confusing as to this second person.

Anyone heard of Tina Pryer who disappeared in Trowbridge 2001 ? The police are said to be looking into that case again.

he wouldn't say what sex they were (odd that. Considering he seems to have been in full confession mode why not say what sex the other victim was?)

Have they said that? I thought it was just that the police aren't telling us yet.

I don't think he's told them where the other body is either.

Perhaps he doesn't remember the exact spot, ten years is a long time. Equally it is going to be a more delicate operation to uncover the remains than for a body deposited only days ago.

But surely these discussions should be on the other thread?

The taxi driver himself led the police to the spot where the body was, and also admitted there was another body too - someone he killed in 2001 though he wouldn't say what sex they were (odd that. Considering he seems to have been in full confession mode why not say what sex the other victim was?)

I don't think he's told them where the other body is either. Articles are a bit confusing as to this second person.

Are we to believe that he's committed only the 2 murders with a gap of 10 years , highly unlikely IMHO . After getting away with it once, these people usually feel the need for more of the same and 10 years does seem a long long time to wait

Meanwhile this monster has robbed a family/boyfriend of a beautiful young woman who was in the prime of her life, my thoughts are with them.

Why on earth did he confess so readily?

I hope they checked out taxi drivers in Jo's case. When it comes to women missing from bars and clubs that should always a first line of inquiry.

It's a wonder there are not more attacks on young women leaving clubs, they make themselves so vulnerable and easy prey.

Until VT appears in court again there is not much to say unless new information is made available. In the meantime what has happened to CJ when we were told several times he was likely to sue the police or newspapers. It does seem strange unless he intends to get his case together at a later date. I see they are just bringing in diggers along a country lane at Eastleach on the Wiltshire and Gloucester border , we might learn more about this soon but I don't see these murders being connected to MH JY or GC, but who knows. Nothing on the Avonmouth find yet either.

Obviously no connection with Glenis as the suspect is too young, and there is little in common with the Joanna murder. I wouldn't dismiss the Melanie case though, as the MO could well be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb