Caylee & JonBenet

There is a huge difference between Jon Benet's case and Caylee's case, for me personally.

I do not feel comfortable saying that I believe John and Patsy had something to do with Jon Benet's murder. There is just as much evidence to suggest that they are innocent than there is to suggest they are guilty.

I am 100% comfortable saying that Casey is guilty of murdering Caylee. Nothing that has come out in there nearly three years has swayed this thought... it has actually reinforced it.

To start from the beginning we have --

1) 31 days! 31 days Casey did not report Caylee missing. Actually, Casey never reported Caylee missing... Cindy reported Caylee missing. Casey wanted "one more day." 911 calls!

2) "Somethings wrong. I found my daughters car today and it smells like a dead body in the damn car." 911 calls!

3) The handwritten statement... the only think that is even remotely true in this statement is Caylee's name, her birthdate and her description.

4) Audio interview with Casey Anthony conducted by Yuri Melich. Casey sticks with her original story given in her written statement and gives more details... including the lost phone at Universal Studios that she reported missing to Universal security (ALL LIES).

5) The Audio Interview with Casey Anthony at Universal Studios. Casey is confronted with her lies... she doesn't budge... but lies more!

6) Evidence of a happy Casey Anthony at the Sheriff's Office before she was arrested. She doesn't at all to appear to be a mother of a missing child.

7) "Oh. My. God. Calling you guys? A waste... a huge waste." Casey's first phone call to the Anthony home after being arrested.

8) "All they care about is getting Caylee back." Casey's first phone call to the Anthony home after being arrested.

9) Cadaver dogs alerted on the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. They also alerted to the Anthony back yard.

10) A piece of hair, that could only belong to Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony or Caylee Anthony showing signs of decomposition in Casey's trunk. Casey and Cindy are alive... Caylee is unaccounted for.

11) Casey's text messages about dead squirrels in her car. Text messages that show no sign of any concern about Caylee. Text messages that show how she has done nothing but party and live a "beautiful life" for the past 31 days.

12) Pictures of Casey living the "beautiful life"

13) Casey getting a tattoo that says "The Beautiful Life."

14) The Blockbuster video of Casey and Tony renting movies not even three hours after Casey claims to have learned that her baby had been taken.

15) The changes in the kidnapping stories from Sawgrass to Jay Blanchard Park.

16) The paper towel with grave wax.

17) The outline of a deceased Caylee in Casey's trunk... caused from the stain that according to evidence (which has not yet been admitted) is consistent with human decomposition.

18) Casey's computer searches. Chloroform. Neck Breaking. Household weapons. Shovels. One Tree Hill espisode where a nanny kidnaps a child.

19) Casey borrowing a shovel from her neighbor when there is one right there in the shed she would have no problem breaking into later on.

20) Casey not wanting George Anthony anywhere near the trunk of her car when she stole his gas cans.

21) The gas cans with the piece of rare duct tape on it.

22) The rare duct tape that was found on Caylee's skull! Put on so tight that it kept her manible in place.

23) This same rare brand of duct tape appears on poster the Anthony's set up at their command centers.

24) The Whitney Laundry Bag found with Caylee that matches one found in the Anthony's garage.

25) Garbage bags with Caylee that are similar to those found at the Anthony home.

26) Casey Anthony selling pictures of Caylee at the price of $200,000.00 when Caylee was still "missing." Instead of putting that money towards the reward to bring Caylee home.. she spends it on a defense for herself... a defense that consisted of charges of lying to LE and child neglect at that time. She was not charged with murder.

27) The jail visits where Casey can not be concerned with talking about Caylee because HER whole life had been taken from her... but Casey's life had been taken from her... she is out of loop... she is missing chili dinners at home... when told how much the reward money for Caylee was she quips "That's half my bond."

28) The jail letters where Casey once again changes her ZFG story. Not a worry in the world about her murdered child, who had been found, she was all ready and willing to adopt another child... from Ireland... irish accent and all.

29) The bugs that were found within the trunk of Casey's car. Coffin flies! Enough said!

30) The plant growth that proves that Caylee had been out in those woods for months on end. The video of Dominic Casey out in those woods and you can see the vegetation!

31) 31 days! Nothing will get her past those 31 days!

You can find all of this information online... if you want to dig in a little deeper!

ITA. Excellent post. These two cases really are as different as night and day. I've followed both and there are very little similarities. The Caylee case is a world of difference to the JonBenet case. I only wish JonBenet would get justice like Caylee is going to.

There is a huge difference between Jon Benet's case and Caylee's case, for me personally.

I do not feel comfortable saying that I believe John and Patsy had something to do with Jon Benet's murder. There is just as much evidence to suggest that they are innocent than there is to suggest they are guilty.

There really is not just as much evidence to suggest that the Ramsey's are innocent, but this is for another Board and I will stop there.

Your post on the Anthony case was very good and thank you.

Solace

Hi SD! There will probably be a lot of folks who won't like what I am saying but it needs to be said. The HUGE difference in these 2 cases is that ICA (and her dysfunctional family) are soooo easy to hate, the Ramseys, not so much. If we believe the Ramseys are capable of this crime it rocks our world. They were the perfect upper class family and things like this are not supposed to happen to people like them. It opens a can of worms that good people would rather not see. ICA, with all her partying, sex with numerous people, and flat out disgusting lifestyle makes for the perfect villian (please don't misunderstand me, I feel exactly like the rest of you); however I have followed JBR's case from day one and somewhere along the way I took off my rose-colored glasses and saw the R's for what they truly are. It's not a pretty picture at all, much like the Anthonys, only with lots of money and power! How I wish Boulder had a police dept. and prosecutors office like the one about to make ICA pay for what she did, maybe JonBenet could rest in peace at last.

Some of you guys should stop by the JBR board every now and then. :D We're a pretty active bunch over there, especially for a 15-year-old case.

I agree with everyone who says that the biggest "smoking gun" is the 31 days. Did Casey think that no one would ever wonder what happened to Caylee? That years would go by, and no one would ask where her daughter was? That 31 days is going to be a huge hurdle for the defense to get over. Also if Casey is found guilty, is she eligible for DP?

Were you the one who is writing a book on the Ramsey case?

Some of you guys should stop by the JBR board every now and then. :D We're a pretty active bunch over there, especially for a 15-year-old case.

I agree with everyone who says that the biggest "smoking gun" is the 31 days. Did Casey think that no one would ever wonder what happened to Caylee? That years would go by, and no one would ask where her daughter was? That 31 days is going to be a huge hurdle for the defense to get over. Also if Casey is found guilty, is she eligible for DP?

Yes this is a DP case!

BBM

Hi, Dave.

IMO, the smoking gun is evidence that a decomposing body was in KC's trunk, due to the fact there was a hair with a post-mortem band at its root, which was a mitochondrial DNA match to KC and Cindy, and both of them are alive, so...

KC has had high profile, politically connected lawyers at the defense table; it's a revolving door. Most recent, and still there, is Cheney Mason.

There are those that do not believe even that is a smoking gun after all it doesn't prove ICA intentionally killed her. ICA loved Caylee so much that when this accident occurred not only did Casey go into shock, she just couldn't let go of the body.

And SuperDave, keep this in mind, when people say she stole from her family. Here is one small example, just to give you an idea of her 'personality.'

Her grandfather is an invalid and lives in a nursing home. Her grandparents are on a fixed income and have a small account they use to help pay for his living expenses there.

Her grandparents gave her a $25 check for her birthday. So Casey, being the sociopath that she is, used that small gift from them to get their routing number so she could steal 250 bucks from their account to pay her cell phone bill. She stole from her invalid grandfather to pay her cell phone bill. That is who Casey Anthony is.

ETA: Yes, it's true that stealing does not make her a killer. But stealing from your dying grandfather makes you a cold hearted loser if nothing else.

I'm not too familiar with how much lawyers cost. What will 250k worth of lawyers buy you? Is this 250k going to be paying all of her lawyers from the time she was arrested to the end of the trial? So her lawyers are working for that 250k + working pro bono?

Also, how many pictures of Caylee did this 250k cover?

I know Scott Peterson's was a lengthy trial and reported to have paid Geragos 1 million. Actually his parents paid it. Towards the end he was declared indigent and the state had to pick up the tab for experts that didn't even testify. Years ago I was told by a criminal defense lawyer that a murder trial can cost upwards of a million dollars in just attorney fees.

The one thing I cannot get/shake is the FACT that CA was the last person VERIFIED to be seen with anALIVE CAYLEE by (people outside the Anthony family and by video taken at the nursing home) on Father's Day June 16 2008.
~It seems to me that everyone is choosing to overlook that fact.
~The rest is simply hearsay by GA and CA, who are known to lie, get violent and suffer from some form of mental instability. BOTH have been "on the record " with suicide issues.

MOO ~ I thought the last person to see the victim alive was always the POI... and Caylee wasn't an adult that could have left grandma's and end up falling victim to foul play.
Public consensus is KC did it and probably did, but why and how did CA escape hours of interrogation
by LE ~ why does anyone really believe GA even saw Caylee the 16th?
*** no offense my WS friends This keeps me awake at night... CA and GA are the loose cannons and always have been. They LIE.
CA ~ IMO was THE LAST PERSON with an alive Caylee… beyond that I think the rest of the "story" was created during the 30/31 days until they got "stuck" having to bring home the death car. IMO only a guilty person would work that hard to remove evidence, because they knew where all of it was. CA stated "there is no "evidene" if she had NO INVOLVEMENT~ how could she say that with any degree of certainty?

MOO MOO

I think what she is saying is no concrete evidence that proves Casey murdered Caylee beyond speculation and junk science. That is the same mantra her DT keeps pushing as well. I do know this much...Cindy's co-workers were interviewed and her hours accounted for on that day from work records, phone and witnesses. George too. I don't disagree that the Anthony's have lied about quite a few things but that started when LE targeted Casey so their lies were most likely to protect her. Now, do you honestly hold the opposite to be true? Casey is all about Casey imo.

I've always thought that most murder cases ARE CIRCUMSTANTIAL. It is rare to have a witness to murder. It is putting all of the pieces together that determines the conviction.

Look at Scott Peterson. Nobody SAW him kill Lacy and Connor. The evidence said he killed them.

You're right and it's a tactic used to make it sound less incriminating. DNA is circumstantial but most rely 100% on it. Confessions and witness statements are much less reliable. As you can see just from this case the term circumstantial is effective on some people and that is why they refer to it that way. The only difference I see here between Caylee and Laci is even though we don't know either COD Laci was a definite premediatated murder. Specifically what I mean about Caylee is that we know she didn't duct tape and bag herself but she may have died in an accident.

There are those that do not believe even that is a smoking gun after all it doesn't prove ICA intentionally killed her. ICA loved Caylee so much that when this accident occurred not only did Casey go into shock, she just couldn't let go of the body.
I can't believe I just read that!!! She took the baby to drinking parties, left her out on a porch unattended, appeared in photos to be keeping her up late at night playing video games, and never breathed a word to her best friend or boyfriend...not only didn't breathe a word, but didn't seem to grieve at all. When you love a baby, behaving without a care in the world is not possible. From birth she pawned the baby off on Lauren and then Jesse saying she was going to work and she was not going to work. Moms with new babies grieve when they have to go back to work, don't they?

If Caylee wasn't murdered then why was there duct tape found around the child's mandible and another section had a clump of hair.

Shock uh? Not so shocked that it prevented ICA from scheming/planning/thinking about how to get rid of the body. When ICA asked the neighbor to borrow a shovel he didn't get an impression that she was in shock.

If ICA had been in shock she wouldn't have been able to drag Caylee's body into the backyard and move the body to 2 different areas trying to find an area to bury Caylee. Then, because ICA refused to break a sweat, get dirt under her nails, she throws Caylee's body in a TRASH BAG and dumps her body into the trunk of the car. And based on the strength of decomposition odor that suffocated that car ICA enjoyed the first few days or so of her new found freedom while her daughter was rotting in the trunk. Casey smelled her daughter's body rotting but laughed it off as a squirrel...

Casey loved her child? When? Because Casey read a book to Caylee? Casey took lots of pictures of Caylee? Those are just acts, a role she played.

If Casey had loved her child, she would have taken Caylee to the doctor for the sniffles, a fever, an ear ache. Instead of being behind the camera Casey would have been in the picture building that sandcastle, playing pat-a-cake, looking at Caylee not away from, not holding Caylee but snuggling her.

Casey couldn't let go of the body? She did. She not only let go of the body but she lifted it, carried it, and moved it and then buried it.

Novice Seeker

Hi SuperDave

I lurk over in the JBR section and have enjoyed your posts. Hope you'll stick around here. At least come by to watch the trial with us. I guarantee a hoot n' hollerin good time. :great:

Be sure to bring your delicious beverage of choice :innocent:

Didn't LA say that in the talk he had with ICA the night she was brought home that she admitted to him "maybe I'm a spiteful biotch" and that "I should have done this a long time ago". Or something to that effect when he first was less cautious when speaking to LE. Had the A's all been honest about ICA from the start, this trial would have been done long ago with little fanfare. ICA would have been just another monther who murdered her child. There was no rush to judgement, all the roads led back to ICA. LE has done a marvelous job in connecting the dots, in spite of CA and GA scurrying around with erasers.

I wouldn't even put Caylee and JBR on the same page. Two very different families and the lifestyles of JBR and Caylee were not at all similar.
IMO

I think what she is saying is no concrete evidence that pjroves Casey murdered Caylee beyond speculation and junk science. That is the same mantra her DT keeps pushing as well. I do know this much...Cindy's co-workers were interviewed and her hours accounted for on that day from work records, phone and witnesses. George too. I don't disagree that the Anthony's have lied about quite a few things but that started when LE targeted Casey so their lies were most likely to protect her. Now, do you honestly hold the opposite to be true? Casey is all about Casey imo.

AGREED. KC is all about KC! I just don't see how "initially" upon discovery of the Father's Day video, that CA wasn't interrogated.
In MOST. cases the last person seen with the victim is scrutinized.
I will admit I am not feeling sorry for CA "the grieving grandmother" I guess because she waited 31 to report Caylee missing too.and her personality, the way she treated people trying to locate Caylee- displaced anger I guess... but it struck me more like she was doing some. CYA cover your arse OR as Lee elegantly put it at Caylee's. memorial... CMA,CMA,CMA (cover my arse)

I also was originally confused. thinking this was about CAYLEE and Jose :waitasec:
now that it's actually about JON-BENET, I feel it is the same only because 15years from now CAYLEE ANTHONY will still be remember by thousands of people as the beautiful little girl that was murdered and family.members lied rather than tell the truth about the facts surrounding their murdered child.

MOO

I can't believe I just read that!!! She took the baby to drinking parties, left her out on a porch unattended, appeared in photos to be keeping her up late at night playing video games, and never breathed a word to her best friend or boyfriend...not only didn't breathe a word, but didn't seem to grieve at all. When you love a baby, behaving without a care in the world is not possible. From birth she pawned the baby off on Lauren and then Jesse saying she was going to work and she was not going to work. Moms with new babies grieve when they have to go back to work, don't they?

Yes, you did just read that so you can believe it. I hope you don't think I was voicing my opinion? This is what I believe the defense will present based on recent info. such as the new witnesses that are drs. AF stated they want them to show state of mind. You think they're going to testify her lying, partying, stealing tattoo self help prove she did murder her daughter? I don't think that's what they'll say since they've been retained by the defense.

We've had this same discussion on other threads as well and have compared other cases. Cindy with the mistruths doesn't make her a murderer. JB himself called Casey a liar on tv but again that doesn't make her a murderer. Fine, no it doesn't. IMO there is plenty of evidence to prove she did.

By the way I have two daughters I raised myself as a single parent. I am a mother.

Hello and welcome to this thread.

I just wanted to add that Casey has got herself a real humdinger of an attorney, some say she got what she deserved in representation. He has spent 200,000 from ABC, 75,000 from an attorney from California (entrance fee to the dream team) 75,000 from Andrea Lyon (just another entrance fee to the team) and 5,000 from anonymous. There has been no accounting for this money and also very little actual work done on the case until the funds were spent and Casey declared indigent.
Now the tax payers of Florida are footing the bill...the whole case is a mess from start to finish but very compelling to watch....like a train wreck, you just can't look away.

Didn't LA say that in the talk he had with ICA the night she was brought home that she admitted to him "maybe I'm a spiteful biotch" and that "I should have done this a long time ago". Or something to that effect when he first was less cautious when speaking to LE. Had the A's all been honest about ICA from the start, this trial would have been done long ago with little fanfare. ICA would have been just another monther who murdered her child. There was no rush to judgement, all the roads led back to ICA. LE has done a marvelous job in connecting the dots, in spite of CA and GA scurrying around with erasers.

I wouldn't even put Caylee and JBR on the same page. Two very different families and the lifestyles of JBR and Caylee were not at all similar.
IMO

I don't see any similarities either. Yes, she did say she was a spiteful biotch to Lee. What she said was Cindy should have done this a long time ago not herself. She was referring to calling the police but much longer ago because she was discussing her thefts at the time. In her mind it's Cindy's fault for not having done something to stop her and it led to this.IMO

....on the other hand the Ramsey's have an amzing defense machine that is still going strong and they had it from the beginning,just in case they would need it.
KC's defense team is a joke

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back