State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have had a pretty good idea what was on that phone. He could go online and look at the account and see when she had text messages and calls, who they were to and from, the times, the dates and the durations. The only thing he would not have had were the actual text messages but he would not have had the voice conversations either whether the phone was erased or not. The email wouldn't have mattered because he was already getting all of those apparently. So he already has all the information necessary to find out who she was in contact with recently. MOO

Just curious because I have an all inclusive plan and it is not with AT&T. I can see the calls (both outbound and inbound), but cannot see any information regarding any of my text messages. I know the carrier would have that info, but I don't see it on my bill or on my online viewing of the account.

Do non all-inclusive plans have this level of detail (down to text messages) on their bills? Again, just curious.

BBM

I know I've mentioned Googling about inputting the wrong password on a BB before. It is easy to find information on various blackberry forums that inputting incorrect password 10 times will wipe the phone. I found forum posts pre-dating this case with this same information. And, when I looked up the PUK code information (again, a Google search), it said that was used if the SIM card was locked, not when it was locked due to password.

Perhaps AT&T gave Det. Young incorrect information and instructions on how to open the phone. The phone behaved correctly when that password was miskeyed 10 times. It gave the proper warnings (according the Young's testimony) and then the wipe of the phone commenced.

The fact that this was SO important to this case, and Young did not even know what a SIM card was.....he very obviously should have let the FBI handle the phone. He started messing with it before he even had a search warrant. If he wasn't positive he knew what he was doing, he shouldn't have been handling it!

Not saying Willoughby was incompetent. Just said DA's office. I think a lot goes on there that he thinks is one thing and finds out later it's another in general.

CPD would better be described as ill-equipped, which is why I thought WCSO would be more involved.

I am with you on the evidence. I am waiting right beside you.

Also, I was saying that HAD NOT had any major bogus high-profile cases. In the last 15 years, you think EVERY case that has gone before a Grand Jury was legit? I don't think it would be a system if that were the case.

No doubt there are corrupt cops and inexperienced ADA's in Wake County and many cases are rammed through.....many probably not totally legit. However, the high profile cases have a different track record. Too many competent eyes and reputations on the line for those not to be totally legit.

How do your explain the handling of the cell phones, two of them?

How do you explain their delay in having the bugs analyzed by 2 weeks?

How do you explain them not trying to retrieve DNA evidence on the cigarette butt for one year?

How do you explain the verbal testimony months after the fact from a police officer claiming to see a piece of straw on 7/16? No photos, no discussion with his superior, nothing.

No follow up with witnesses who saw the victim that morning?

No follow up with JP, even though in the 2nd interview he admitted he slept with NC....shouldn't he have become a suspect?

You don't have to reply and I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but I do see some very questionable things here.

Don't get so worked up hon.

Every single murder case in America will have minor gaffs and oversights by the cops or CSI. At the end of the day, none of what you listed makes the difference in Brad's guilt vs innocence.

I'm under tornado warning - and I'm still on WS. OMG, there is no help for me.

See, a lot of what you have listed has been testified as untrue. It's difficult to see what is factual and not in this trial because of the history of lies with both spouses. The realtor did not testify he heard BC call NC a dumbf***. I think he was asked if he ever heard cursing and he said no (you wouldn't forget a client calling his spouse that name!), the exterminator said there were no bugs (other than ants) and the house looked as messy and dishevled as it always did; she wasn't cut off from money. she was cut off from over-spending. Geez, I would LOVE to have $300 a week to blow. It would be my dream. They had a BJs receipt showing she used Tide frequently and a friend of NCs (or sister?) said the oldest kid did drink that green juice.

Now, he was a horrible husband and his cleaning like a freak is curious. I am giving him a pass on the phone calls because there has been NO evidence he tampered with the phone. And even the intercepted emails. Sure, I'd be pi$$ed if my husband did it, but I don't think he's the only spouse who has done that during a divorce. You do hear about it.

Well thats what I got out of it

He would have had a pretty good idea what was on that phone. He could go online and look at the account and see when she had text messages and calls, who they were to and from, the times, the dates and the durations. The only thing he would not have had were the actual text messages but he would not have had the voice conversations either whether the phone was erased or not. The email wouldn't have mattered because he was already getting all of those apparently. So he already has all the information necessary to find out who she was in contact with recently. MOO

There still could have been more. What about her facebook account? And maybe he wanted to see the actual text messages. In a case like this, the more information, the better, right?

I'm under tornado warning - and I'm still on WS. OMG, there is no help for me.

ah... tornados sornados.. Thunder stopped over here maybe its close.. hmm.. maybe I will check weather lol

Don't get so worked up hon.

Every single murder case in America will have minor gaffs and oversights by the cops or CSI. At the end of the day, none of what you listed makes the difference in Brad's guilt vs innocence.

Really? That's all you got? "don't get worked up "hon"???

I'm not worked up, lol. You seem to be the one who is worked up here.

There still could have been more. What about her facebook account? And maybe he wanted to see the actual text messages. In a case like this, the more information, the better, right?

2 friends on facebook and the account was inactive for a long period.
Krista said Nancy talked on the phone and very rarely used text messages. The At&T bill would show anyone suspicious. Rest assured CPD and Kurtz have studied in detail.

Facebook was not mobile until after she passed away. She was hardly ever home as we have had MUCH testimony about her being very social, my guess is she is someone who had an account and never had time nor interest to use it. She bolted when he got home at night towards the end so she wouldn't have to deal with him so she was not by the computer after the kids went to bed I guess huh!

I thought we were over the texts.. its like beating a dead horse.. its a shame but that's life.

Really? That's all you got? "don't get worked up "hon"???

I'm not worked up, lol. You seem to be the one who is worked up here.

No, just southern talk.
No offense.
I take it you are not originally from these parts?

Totally off topic, but just shows how much all of the "having a kitten" comments have infiltrated my brain...saw a sign for KITTENS at the corner of Oberlin and Glenwood today and immediately thought of this trial and the Websleuths board.

Just curious because I have an all inclusive plan and it is not with AT&T. I can see the calls (both outbound and inbound), but cannot see any information regarding any of my text messages. I know the carrier would have that info, but I don't see it on my bill or on my online viewing of the account.

Do non all-inclusive plans have this level of detail (down to text messages) on their bills? Again, just curious.

I'm on Verizon and I can look at each phone on the account and have detailed information on calls, texts and data. It has the basic info on the first page and then I can click "view call details" to bring up another page. That page also has tabs for text and data. We have a limited amount of shared minutes for the phones on the account, unlimited texts and data plans (unlimited) for two phones.

The facebook account has nothing to do with the phone. Everything on facebook resides on the facebook server. You can access with your computer, your phone, your iPad, whatever. That doesn't change what is on the individual's page.

The facebook account has nothing to do with the phone. Everything on facebook resides on the facebook server. You can access with your computer, your phone, your iPad, whatever. That doesn't change what is on the individual's page.

Of course we all know that.
What was the reason for the Kurtz fit on FB?

The fact that this was SO important to this case, and Young did not even know what a SIM card was.....he very obviously should have let the FBI handle the phone. He started messing with it before he even had a search warrant. If he wasn't positive he knew what he was doing, he shouldn't have been handling it!

So is it your opinion that because the bb was erased - even though they have all the documentation of every phone number that was the recipient of calls or made calls to that phone - BC should be released and the case against him is over? Do you honestly think there is no case against him without having text messages from her phone? And what in the world could possibly be on a facebook account that had two friends and hadn't been used in a long time? Do you contend that the accidental erasure of the cell phone even compares in evidence to the crap Brad was doing with his phones and the house phone and the computer, all the calls, forwarded calls, calling voice mail, transferring calls to other continents? I mean, really? You don't see all the activity that Brad did on phones, with phones, through phones suspect at all? I don't see how in the world what Nancy did with her phone (made simple calls that are documented as to the number, date, and time) compares to what Brad was doing with his phone in the months leading up to and the morning that Nancy was killed.

Facebook was not mobile until after she passed away. She was hardly ever home as we have had MUCH testimony about her being very social, my guess is she is someone who had an account and never had time nor interest to use it. She bolted when he got home at night towards the end so she wouldn't have to deal with him so she was not by the computer after the kids went to bed I guess huh!

I thought we were over the texts.. its like beating a dead horse.. its a shame but that's life.

In fact I think it was testified to that her Facebook account was inactive..in the sense it has not been used for a very long time (2 friends) and no interactions. On facebook,interactions are between friends only..it is NOT emailing chattings like emails..So Facebook is a non-starter for contacts/or possibilities of illeceit communications..nope nadda!!!.....At least the way I see it..I have a FB acct for 2 years..and didnt start to use it until late 2009..Who woulda thunk?? Only because I started to follow sumthin....No other reason..and since then..Yikes It has exploded..We have to rememeber FB really didnt become common among adults for many years...pre 2008 was rare..JMO

2 friends on facebook and the account was inactive for a long period.
Krista said Nancy talked on the phone and very rarely used text messages. The At&T bill would show anyone suspicious. Rest assured CPD and Kurtz have studied in detail.

Okay, so if you were in charge and one of your detectives erased a cell phone in a murder investigation, you would say "no big deal".

Okay, so if you were in charge and one of your detectives erased a cell phone in a murder investigation, you would say "no big deal".

Mad, not because it was big to the case, it just gives Kurtz something to throw out there and blow totally out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH