TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted in thread #14:

Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
Fox News Channel just had a little live spot with Alisyn Camerota and a reporter in TN. The reporter said that Holly's mother was "grateful and relieved" at the find... The film with the live spot showed dog handlers and seemed to be in another wooded area. SOME of the report may have been recycled from something that aired yesterday? Was a bit longer than the usual sound blip.

I'm having a hard time imagining what the find could be that Holly's mother would be "grateful & relieved"?

The phone tip was reported last night and then again today on CBS.
LOL.. no I meant the fox reporter that said the item found was a cell phone linked a few pages back..

my point being that maybe he got his info confused (phone tip vs phone being found)

eta: specifically this:

Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities. http://twitter.com/#!/GCoy1

Ok, so I need to grab some coffee. I found it. It wasn't in the article it's in their twitter feed. It is from a reporter of

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/subindex/video/myfoxbuzz

GCoy1 Greg Coy
Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities

How much you wanna bet he'll be waiting a long time to hear from authorities?

No but you can extrapolate that she did based on LEs request for searchers to look for items a woman would ahve been carrying in a purse or bag the first day or two of searching. Didn't they ask for people to look for an empty bag? This goes back nearly two weeks so I forget.

I agree, I was just responding to the quoted post. I would assume that it was a backpack, since I don't know very many college students that would want to deal with a purse and a backpack, especially that early in the morning. For me, most everything goes in the backpack, even if it means a little more digging for things when I need them. It's just easier than trying to deal with that many straps for that many different things all at once. Something always either slips or gets caught, and it's hard to keep hiking the purse up to the shoulder with the backpack on. Personal experience there, lol.

Posted in thread #14:

Fox News Channel just had a little live spot with Alisyn Camerota and a reporter in TN. The reporter said that Holly's mother was "grateful and relieved" at the find... The film with the live spot showed dog handlers and seemed to be in another wooded area. SOME of the report may have been recycled from something that aired yesterday? Was a bit longer than the usual sound blip.

I'm having a hard time imagining what the find could be that Holly's mother would be "grateful & relieved"?

Possibility #6: Note that Holly managed to get out somehow?

I agree, I was just responding to the quoted post. I would assume that it was a backpack, since I don't know very many college students that would want to deal with a purse and a backpack, especially that early in the morning. For me, most everything goes in the backpack, even if it means a little more digging for things when I need them. It's just easier than trying to deal with that many straps for that many different things all at once. Something always either slips or gets caught, and it's hard to keep hiking the purse up to the shoulder with the backpack on. Personal experience there, lol.

And that would explain why items were not dropped at the abduction.

Is anyone else surprised the volunteers haven't leaked info?

No. By and large (aside from the suspect who probably lives around there) they seem to be really pretty upstanding people who are taking this very seriously. They have a good sense of community, strong faith, and a lot of motivation.

A Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman said Monday it is unlikely the item found in the hunt for 20-year-old Holly Bobo will be described publicly unless investigators decide there is reason to do so.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...10sI0g?docId=54b49f7c1fda413283e94d23abb377ee

Not that we expected anything different by now.

I'm in shock any searchers show up! The info being released is given & then taken away...kind of like just kidding! This isn't a game LE this is Holly Bobo's life....

Since she disapeared nearly 2 wks ago nothing has been released!!!!Except her lunch was found. Also piece of duck tape

Examples: 1. she was dragged into the woods / no she was led into the woods...
2. Brother seen her with boyfriend in camo / no not bf
3. She feared for her life? How did LE determine that? Who seen her face?
4. Looking for someone who changed patterns
5. Found items: lunch bag
6. Found a car warm: They had a call phone / camo clothes & purse .........apparently nothing to do with the case!

I do understand LE has to be careful but this is crazy!

I think the t-shirt thing--- we need to stop worrying about it. I wanted to shed some light on the costs for those interested. A major wholesaler charges about 2.40 per shirt for a white blank Hanes. A colored shirt is almost $4. Add the cost of printing which is in the $2 range per side...plus shipping too and from the printer....half goes to the cost of production.
I make nothing of any of the comments, I think it's ridiculous people are reading into it. Personally I'd rather just have a paypal link where I could donate 100% but oh well.

Regarding this weekends find....even if it's a significant piece of her belongings if it's been there for 12 days I don't know what help it will really be. Sad but true, unless it has fingerprints on it.

The larger point is if this was where a transfer took place it was likely within the comfort zone of the perp. Back to what they've said all along, it's probably a local.

Has it been determined that anyone is missing from the community? I've not read it anywhere that "everyone" is accounted for which is usually one of the first things you hear. Heck there is more public information on a disappearance in NH over the weekend than there is in this case after 13 days.

I use a little back pack bag all the time. I can keep my wallet, phone, make up bag, ipod etc inside it. You could put a couple books or notebook in there. Its great. I can carry it, wear it over one shoulder, or over both centered on my back. They are super cute and very popular. I got mine at the Guess store I think.

Is anyone else surprised the volunteers haven't leaked info?

Somewhat, but it may show how commited they are to finding Holly. The search is about Holly and not them. They are to be commended for their efforts and "professionalism".

No. By and large (aside from the suspect who probably lives around there) they seem to be really pretty upstanding people who are taking this very seriously. They have a good sense of community, strong faith, and a lot of motivation.

Why? What is the main reason this place seems different then the rest of the country?

Possibility #6: Note that Holly managed to get out somehow?

I think we have to remember the duress this poor mother is under and not take her words so literally.

That said, as a parent there's really nothing that would bring me relief other than finding my child one way or the other or some very strong indication that she was alive somewhere.

An article of her belongings from maybe 10+ days ago wouldn't do it for me, but who knows.

Posted in thread #14:

sounds like it could be something pointing to Holly still being alive

IF they don't have a definitive suspect than I have to say... I think the public is about to be tuned out really quickly here with no information being released.

We had a young mother here abducted she called 99 from her captors cell phone while she was in his cAR... another woman saw here in the car and called 911 with the description and the direction and the street she was following the car and no one came the girl was shot in the head
Now there is a total diff way 911 are handled.
Cant cover up the mistakes made as painfull as they are sometimes they need to be heard!

What is '99', Eileen??

I'm in shock any searchers show up! The info being released is given & then taken away...kind of like just kidding! This isn't a game LE this is Holly Bobo's life....

Since she disapeared nearly 2 wks ago nothing has been released!!!!Except her lunch was found. Also piece of duck tape

6. Found a car warm: They had a call phone / camo clothes & purse .........apparently nothing to do with the case!

It is frustrating for us behind a keyboard but the TBI knows more about the case than we do.

What is the upside with making details public?

What is the downside?

Remember, the prosecution of the case is yet to come.

bbm

shows you how pure of heart these searchers are...they are trying to remain focused on finding Holly, not media information/misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox