Judge Eaton New WESH Trial Analyst

Thank you Faefrost. I was wondering how to introduce my fears on these issues and you explained them exactly.
I don't have any idea how legally this would impact the trial, but it faintly smells of........hmmm.

I wonder if Judge Eaton and HHJP have had a chat about this?

My only concern is that he is giving CM legal advice. Especially since this new motion surfaced today from CM the way the law is cited. That was my first concern back when HHJP remarked on his leaving the court to CM and seemed amused. I thought HHJP thought CM had him there to observe and then confer.

I've just finished reading many of the articles that our wonderful SOTS has found for us, and I am now wondering if when the DT made HHJS recuse himself, were they hoping that they would get Judge Eaton? G-d help us if that had happened. I am just extremely glad that we have HHJP, who is beyond fair and will get us through the trial with no chances for appeal.

Can you all imagine if the judge was Eaton? He'd probably over-ride a jury's decision of guilty, and go ahead and aquit "young, white and attractive" (as Jose says) Ms. CMA. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have Judge Perry.

And ITA with some here that CM had a great deal to do with the WESH/Judge Eaton marriage.

Well, here's our first taste of Judge Eaton working for Wesh:

"Defense attorneys said Casey Anthony's social behavior and the resulting photos don't relate to an attempt to evade prosecution and such evidence is inadmissible as to consciousness of guilt."

Wesh link to whole article: http://www.wesh.com/news/27657261/detail.html

So what do you all make of this? Does he sound pro defense? Kind of sounds like it to me so far.

I disagree with the 'bolded my me' statement.

Casey Anthony's social behavior and the resulting photos don't relate to an attempt to evade prosecution

YES, in fact they do relate to an attempt to avoid prosecution. First of all, she
tried to evade prosecution by NOT reporting her child missing. And part of that evasion of prosecution was telling others that her child was with the nanny. And during that 31 days, and in those photos, she was actively spreading that lie, as a way to evade prosecution. And her 'social behavior' was a part of that lie as well. She danced and partied AS IF her daughter was just fine and being cared for by someone else. Again, all part of her plan to evade prosecution.

Wow...all I can say after reading this thead and all those wonderful articles SOTS provided...I am so glad CJBP is on this case and I do believe Caylee's justice is in great hands...but I have to wonder, why now? Why did this judge take up the offer to work for WESH? What is WESH's angel???

Judge Eaton appears to be a pansy arsed liberal...it appears his judgeship style is much different than CJBP, thankful that CJBP had taken over....Eaton is more pro defense, his rulings are absurd, especially with that 12 y/o "child"! If I were her parents I would have demanded he retire after such an absurd sentence..Law states a child of 12 and under are not mature enough to make adult decisions....that 20 y/o got off way too easy...

I do hope Eaton isn't bold enough to knock any of CJBP's rulings and give the DT ammunition for an appeal but they will appeal anyway. It appears that CJBP has been fair and balanced in all of his rulings. Of course the DT wants anything incriminating geared toward ICA out of this trial but that wouldn't be fair and balanced...Each piece of evidence supports the next and ICA's actions will be her thorn in her side. That along with her smug, arrogant attitude and those of her parents...I await justice for Caylee and she will get justice...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

http://slumz.boxden.com/f5/sep-4-hit-run-driver-gets-year-crash-killed-boy-968322/

According to state sentencing guidelines, Resh should have been sentenced to a minimum of 12 years in prison.[..]istant State Attorney Stewart Stone had asked for the maximum -- 25 years.

Resh didn't have a driver's license but was driving his roommate's SUV when he ran over the boy. He then fled the scene, made repairs to the SUV and disappeared for several days.

In an order explaining his sentence, the judge wrote that except for the fact that Resh didn't have a drivers' license, fled the scene and tried to repair his vehicle, the crash was simply a terrible tragedy caused by neglect

Judge Eaton gave Resh 1 year in prison and 5 years probation. UNREAL

more coverage at this link.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NE46fn39v0cJ:articles.orlandosentinel.com/keyword/david-nesbitt/featured/2+judge+o.h.+eaton+jr+and+thomas+resh&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

The State appealed the reduced sentence.......IOW they were pizzed. But it was upheld. I do find interesting the 2 part test used in the basis for a downward departure sentence......wondering if it could be used in KC's case. Read link for info.
http://law.justia.com/cases/florida/fifth-district-court-of-appeal/2008/5d07-3103-op-corr.html

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but as I was reading this thread I wondered if it is possible that CM had asked JE to sit in in order to intimidate HHJBP into ruling more favorably for the defense on the pending motions. Maybe the judge is taking longer to rule because he is being especially careful with his decisions? (Not that he wouldn't be careful with all his rulings). But I thought last week someone had said that HHJBP had ruled on all the motions, but that the clerk had not posted them. If that was the case, then shouldn't they have appeared yesterday? It doesn't seem in character for HHJBP to not stick to his own deadline.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but as I was reading this thread I wondered if it is possible that CM had asked JE to sit in in order to intimidate HHJBP into ruling more favorably for the defense on the pending motions. Maybe the judge is taking longer to rule because he is being especially careful with his decisions? (Not that he wouldn't be careful with all his rulings). But I thought last week someone had said that HHJBP had ruled on all the motions, but that the clerk had not posted them. If that was the case, then shouldn't they have appeared yesterday? It doesn't seem in character for HHJBP to not stick to his own deadline.

Perhaps a bit of psychological warfare???

http://slumz.boxden.com/f5/sep-4-hit-run-driver-gets-year-crash-killed-boy-968322/

According to state sentencing guidelines, Resh should have been sentenced to a minimum of 12 years in prison.[..]istant State Attorney Stewart Stone had asked for the maximum -- 25 years.

Resh didn't have a driver's license but was driving his roommate's SUV when he ran over the boy. He then fled the scene, made repairs to the SUV and disappeared for several days.

In an order explaining his sentence, the judge wrote that except for the fact that Resh didn't have a drivers' license, fled the scene and tried to repair his vehicle, the crash was simply a terrible tragedy caused by neglect

Judge Eaton gave Resh 1 year in prison and 5 years probation. UNREAL

more coverage at this link.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NE46fn39v0cJ:articles.orlandosentinel.com/keyword/david-nesbitt/featured/2+judge+o.h.+eaton+jr+and+thomas+resh&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

The State appealed the reduced sentence.......IOW they were pizzed. But it was upheld. I do find interesting the 2 part test used in the basis for a downward departure sentence......wondering if it could be used in KC's case. Read link for info.
http://law.justia.com/cases/florida/fifth-district-court-of-appeal/2008/5d07-3103-op-corr.html

I never knew or heard of a downward departure sentence...

ICA has never shown any remorse for Caylee's demise...

Can't speak for her mental IQ or if she is 'retarded' in some way, shape or form...or borderline mentally retarded based on her IQ scores...ICA's team already stated this isn't a diminished mental capacity defense....ICA does appreciate the criminal nature of her actions or she wouldn't have evaded her parents for that month Caylee was allegedly missing..she is competent to stand up to the charges she's caused on herself, she has an understanding of the law....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

That was me, and I misinterpreted what the court official said. The court does not have HHJP's decisions. He hasn't released them yet. I'm so sorry if I caused a lot of confusion about that. I do agree that he is taking his time, though. If that makes for a better decision, I'm all for it even if I'm very impatient. I'm hoping for something today (and I finally figured out how to check the court docket, Mwahahahaha! Refresh is my friend).

I never knew or heard of a downward departure sentence...

ICA has never shown any remorse for Caylee's demise...

Can't speak for her mental IQ or if she is 'retarded' in some way, shape or form...or borderline mentally retarded based on her IQ scores...ICA's team already stated this isn't a diminished mental capacity defense....ICA does appreciate the criminal nature of her actions or she wouldn't have evaded her parents for that month Caylee was allegedly missing..she is competent to stand up to the charges she's caused on herself, she has an understanding of the law....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Where I live this is called "diminshed capacity" and is usually considered prior to going to trial (at least in my experience). Diminished capacity is when someone doesn't have the IQ or understanding of the consequences of their actions to the extent of the law. I once knew a 16 y/o teen, who had an extremely low IQ and had been in Special Education (IEP) his entire life. He stole an antique gun (musket type gun) from a famiy member and traded it for a bicycle. Cops charged him with felony firearm charges and his defense Atty was able to effectively argue diminished capacity for this "crime". He clearly had no idea that stealing a "gun" was a more heinous crime than stealing a cookie from Grandma's cookie jar. Sadly, he was locked up for months awaiting trial and only given a bible to read to pass his time while incarcerated. . . (he could not read). It was a tragic situation and finally it all worked itself out . . . but my heart went out to this kid.

Wow...all I can say after reading this thead and all those wonderful articles SOTS provided...I am so glad CJBP is on this case and I do believe Caylee's justice is in great hands...but I have to wonder, why now? Why did this judge take up the offer to work for WESH? What is WESH's angel???

Judge Eaton appears to be a pansy arsed liberal...it appears his judgeship style is much different than CJBP, thankful that CJBP had taken over....Eaton is more pro defense, his rulings are absurd, especially with that 12 y/o "child"! If I were her parents I would have demanded he retire after such an absurd sentence..Law states a child of 12 and under are not mature enough to make adult decisions....that 20 y/o got off way too easy...

I do hope Eaton isn't bold enough to knock any of CJBP's rulings and give the DT ammunition for an appeal but they will appeal anyway. It appears that CJBP has been fair and balanced in all of his rulings. Of course the DT wants anything incriminating geared toward ICA out of this trial but that wouldn't be fair and balanced...Each piece of evidence supports the next and ICA's actions will be her thorn in her side. That along with her smug, arrogant attitude and those of her parents...I await justice for Caylee and she will get justice...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Thank you for this great comment LiveLaughLuv! And I want to particularly thank you for making an subtle but important point here.

Thanks to you, since we have Judge Eaton messing around in this case, I am officially changing every reference I make to HHJP - to CJBP
to show him the respect he deserves and emphasize who is in charge of this case!

That was my thought. And if anybody would know how HHJP would rule, it's going to his 'mentor'. Cheney Mason is obviously more underhanded and sneakier than most.

Well from some of the rulings i have read from each Judge, CJBP seems to be a bit more firm in his sentencing and less inclined to sentence with the minimum guidelines.

Additionally, Judge Eaton has had a number of his rulings reversed whereas Perry has never been reversed.

I think CJBP knew exactly what Eaton was doing there during that hearing AND chose to call CM out (sort of) publicly. CJBP is not one to play games and is not intimidated.

I am STILL trying to find where Eaton is named as Judge Perry's mentor. It was my understanding that his longtime friend and "mentor" had died last year.

Senior judge found dead in Orlando home
Retired Judge Richard Conrad most recently handled foreclosure cases.
March 07, 2011|By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel

Senior Judge Richard Conrad, a veteran of the circuit criminal court system in Orange County, was found dead of apparent natural causes in his Orlando home Monday morning.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry said Conrad was a mentor to several judge, including himself.

"Judge Conrad was not only a dedicated colleague but he was also a dear friend. We have lost a great servant of truth and justice. He was a wise jurist who selflessly served the people of Florida," Perry said in a statement

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...nforcement-orlando-police-death-investigation

Well from some of the rulings i have read from each Judge, CJBP seems to be a bit more firm in his sentencing and less inclined to sentence with the minimum guidelines.

Additionally, Judge Eaton has had a number of his rulings reversed whereas Perry has never been reversed.

I think CJBP knew exactly what Eaton was doing there during that hearing AND chose to call CM out (sort of) publicly. CJBP is not one to play games and is not intimidated.

I am STILL trying to find where Eaton is named as Judge Perry's mentor. It was my understanding that his longtime friend and "mentor" had died last year.

The only place I have seen the comment that Eaton was a mentor of CJBP was in WESH's initial blurb about bringing Eaton on board as their trial analyst.

I should have known better than to quote them...:banghead:

I've just finished reading many of the articles that our wonderful SOTS has found for us, and I am now wondering if when the DT made HHJS recuse himself, were they hoping that they would get Judge Eaton? G-d help us if that had happened. I am just extremely glad that we have HHJP, who is beyond fair and will get us through the trial with no chances for appeal.

Can you all imagine if the judge was Eaton? He'd probably over-ride a jury's decision of guilty, and go ahead and aquit "young, white and attractive" (as Jose says) Ms. CMA. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we have Judge Perry.

And ITA with some here that CM had a great deal to do with the WESH/Judge Eaton marriage.

Oh heck yes. After reading this thread, the DT SO wanted Eaton as the judge. I can see it now. This was just a bad accident coverup, and this poor, pretty, white girl couldn't have possibly done it on purpose. It was just a tragedy that happened in a moment of inattendance. They most definitely wanted Eaton. I can see them salivating for a judge like him. Talk about getting a light sentence or a walk! I am so so SO glad that HHJP took over instead. The thought of Eaton presiding over this is nightmare inducing. And what gall Mason had to bring Eaton to court that day. I think he was threatening that Eaton would take over if HHJP was too biased against them. Well that backfired big time, didn't it? You can have Eaton, WESH. He's a perfect fit for you!

Well I could care less about this Judge Eaton's comments.
I usually don't even bother reading Wesh anyway (I too noticed their bias even prior to this). Now for sure I won't bother.
I care about Chief Judge Belvin Perry and I am still a big fan of his!
IMO

The only place I have seen the comment that Eaton was a mentor of CJBP was in WESH's initial blurb about bringing Eaton on board as their trial analyst.

I should have known better than to quote them...:banghead:

:therethere:

It happens! :giggle:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members