TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when we think LE is on top if things and ready to pounce, they are, and other times, the case drags on and on, with seemingly no resolution in sight. So it is really hard to tell. I can't judge anything by the little they say. It could go either way.

I think its just wait and see now.

We have hashed this thing over and over And i hope in the end we DO find out what happend to Holly Bobo.

I think we are all drained LOL

Random Thoughts:

In my experience, we've usually seen some disagreement/speculation among locals regarding the victim being still alive or not.

JMHO - Here, there seems to be much hope among the locals - however unsubstantiated.

IMO, that is pretty interesting.

Not even an attempted press interview with one of Holly's current classmates. NG fails to pick the story up and sustain it. Community united and quiet. LE expressing early on that it's a member of the community.

That's interesting too.

Makes me think that LE has the inside line and a profile and perhaps even knows who it's searching for (the abductor-s) believes that too much publicity is a disadvantage, not an advantage for Holly. Makes me think LE/TBI told NG's crew to back off.

Makes me think the town has a very good idea of what is going on. Makes me wonder if young people are involved --- we have seen communities closed-ranks and remained hushed when minors (18/under) could be the perps --- because of how many young lives and innocent families and brothers/sisters are devastated through one event.

There are other articles out about the gov's award (just google for the gov's name and holly's name the reward) that say it's for the rescue and return of Holly Bobo - not just an award for the arrest of the kidnapper. I don't think we can really know reward terms until we read them...so IMO, I wouldn't read too much into articles regarding the reward.

The fact that the Gov's office was easily persuaded that a BIG reward in this case would be extremely helpful did say something to me. IMO, they had a feeling that compatriates of the abductor would have knowledge and would help the investigation so long as they knew there was some big money out there to do it for. It's as if the Gov's office is willing to pay an information ransom to specific members of tight community.

that's it for now. just needed to make some room in my brain...

If she is deceased, where would he/they hide the body?

I assume they could bury her deep in the woods, I think it would take longer for LE to find HB if the perp(s) took her out of state and then killed her and then buried her in another state. (It is possible, Laura Garza's case comes to mind).

Some thoughts:

1. This case has gotten a lot of attention in 2 weeks. It has involved multiple LE agencies. But I get the sense that they haven't made much progress. I get the sense that the perpetrator did not leave behind any obvious clues.

2. The perpetrator could have fixated on HB. If so, had he not tried to contact her before? I would think so. It is not obvious that he did, though. No mention of a strange person on campus. No mention of an inappropriate FB overture.

3. The perpetrator could have targeted HB at random. She might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time . . . and just happened to catch his attention. It certainly has happened before.

4. This crime took a litle bit of planning -- but perhaps not all that much. He could have followed HB home at some point. He then finds a vantage point from which to watch her. (He could have pretended to be just a "hunter" in the woods.) When he thinks she is alone, he strikes. He forces her, perhaps at knife-point, to hike to his nearby car. He puts her in the trunk, gags her, and ties her hands and feet. He slips out of the area quietly. He could be on the road in 10 minutes. By the time LE begins to search, the perp is nowhere to be seen.

5. HB's personal items. I imagine he didn't want to be caught with them. So, he got rid of them quickly. Cell phone? Toss it in the ditch! Purse? Toss it in the weeds! He might have thought that nobody would notice the items, as long he didn't leave them in a pile in one place.

6. Finally, he could have taken HB to a remote location, assaulted her, killed and buried her. Out in the deep woods somewhere, maybe. If the perpetrator is not local -- though, I suppose, he could've lived in the area at one time -- it'll be hard to identify and apprehend him. He might be 20, 40, 100 miles away, never to return.

Grim, I know. :(

I think we'll find it's one or the other, she left us very early in this abduction or she's been stashed somewhere.

Good point! Normally, LE goes public to generate interest in a case - but no need to do that since they've got plenty of public interest and lots of volunteers, and most likely lots of tips pouring in to work on.
So, it's okay, I really don't have a need to know. Keep the perp(s) guessing and worrying when a swat team is coming to pay a visit!
Exactly!

I'm following this case closely but I'm not going to pick apart every word LE says and I'm certainly not going to speculate. I just want this guy caught and hopefully that will lead to Holly.

did we know these things before the statements made to the media today:

1)many possibilities have been ruled out
2)the focus remains on darden and surrounding area
3)they are narrowing the focus
4)they are developing persons of interest

moo but I thought it was quite a bit of info...

we have known all along the area was darden and surrounding areas

True but just a day or two ago it was reported that they may be expanding the search nationally if this that or the other thing. Today it seems that isn't happeneing.

I know this is right out of left field but I noticed that there is a house for sale on Holly's street but I did not see a date on the listing. This would be a reason for an outsiders to browse thru her street. I hope it's ok to post the listing and maybe someone could let us know if it is indeed a recent listing.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/275-Swan-Johnson-Rd-Darden-TN-38328/41208336_zpid/

The home was listed march 1st 2009 and is still listed as active.

The home was listed march 1st 2009 and is still listed as active.

Longtime vacant house could be a place where transients or other unsavory types might be staying. Someone could have spotted neighbor Holly and decided she looked appealing......

At this point I just want some kind of morsel, anything. We found suspicious tire tracks, we found 2 sets of foot prints leading into the woods, we found a piece of chewing gum and it is being analyzed... I don't know of any cases that I have ever personally been involved with that they didn't release little pieces. I think LE is just being overly cautious for fear of a public lynching of the depts involved, not sure it really has anything to do with a perp learning of where LE is headed. This is an extremely tight knit community and alot of people (nationwide) are taking this case very personal.

I thought Tbi said person... so now its persons?

YES!!!!!!

LOL!

Do you read nothing I post? :great:

Actually they said "people of interest". Even more plural than "persons of interest". :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantomhive