GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

Krista's body found 1/4 mile from where her car was left. On NG now.

Krista's body found 1/4 mile from where her car was left. On NG now.

Is it just me, or does this sound like a crime of "purpose" rather than of a sexual nature?

Seems a sexually driven murder would have her being removed farther away from her vehicle.

1/4 mile? This seems like the perp's main intent was to murder her as quickly as possible and flee the scene as quickly as possible. To me, that seems to point more to something along the lines of retribution or "silencing" her. ???

I've wondered if perhaps someone saw the Criminal Minds episode, may have known about the Murray case, and that may have provided ideas for planning, implementation.

Let's see, stranger crimes they don't often hide. If they don't have a connection to the victim, they may not feel a need to hide the remains. SK's may be an exception to this in that they may not want to alert LE that the murders are connected.

'Personal' murders/crimes of passion. Usually quick and violent. May be coverup, but often not as much, because the perp hasn't had time to plan. Usually will show lots of violence. Beating etc.

"Purpose" crimes. Quick, planned. More coverup/clean up.

Anyone else notice that by being put into water, there is less chance for DNA, touch DNA and fingerprints to be recovered from the remains?

I am beginning to wonder if this was a suicide? She could have left her door open, so that the baby would be found. But the press conference kind of gives me that vibe, that they may be suspecting a suicide.

Really hoping this is not some sort of payback to the baby's father who is in jail--he is in on drug charges. Hope it was not some sort of debt collection or revenge from the baby's fathers associates sending him a message. Never know what those people in that kind of circle are capable of. Get the ex girlfriend....save the baby.

I am beginning to wonder if this was a suicide? She could have left her door open, so that the baby would be found. But the press conference kind of gives me that vibe, that they may be suspecting a suicide.

I was wondering that myself. So terribly sad if it was.

Hmmm.... I didn't get that vibe at all. Esp since they have already referred it to the AAG who prosecutes homicides. Sounds like I need to relisten to the conference.

That is an interesting thought, they are calling the death "suspicious" they have yet to say homicide. Odd way to commit suicide though and what about the other car that was picked up and being investigated.

Hmmm.... I didn't get that vibe at all. Esp since they have already referred it to the AAG who prosecutes homicides. Sounds like I need to relisten to the conference.

me either. Also the blood in her car. She couldn't really shoot herself then move herself to the pond? Or hurt herself and get to the pond without leaving a blood trail?

I think it is def someone she knew and knew the baby.

I was wondering that myself. So terribly sad if it was.

I am leaning toward suicide myself...but why bring the baby? How did she know the car and baby would be found soon?

The other option, to me, is she was meeting someone there for some purpose, and thought she would be back home soon and get the baby to bed. I don't think she was out for the evening or anything, just for a specific meeting. And if so, clearly it went badly.

Wait, I forgot about the blood...forget the suicide, does not make sense...

I'm so sorry about this outcome and so tired of this happening to our beautiful, young women.

Prayers for Krista and for the family left to grieve for her. I feel LE has a good idea what happened here and I hope those responsible will be locked up soon and forever.

I agree with that, you don't try to kill yourself and end up in the bottom of a pond. Too difficult. The hazard lights flashing bothers me. It's like she pulled over for whatever reason and put them on.....did someone make her pull over? We had a family friend murdered years ago --car was found on the side of the road with flashers on and dome light on---she was found three days later near a river bank--turns out three guys in a station wagon with a flashing light pulled her over. Like she believed she was being pulled over by the police..unfortunately it wasn't

Nancy Grace has been covering this case tonight. Transcript should be available in the morning. Lots of questions, plenty of speculation, but no solid answers.

Correct me if I am wrong---did they say in the PC that their is no safety concerns for the community after finding her? What would make them make that statement. If it was some random killing I would think the community should be concerned that there could be a killer amongst them. LE might know more than obviously letting on---and I am still stuck on the second car that was seized for investigation.

Correct me if I am wrong---did they say in the PC that their is no safety concerns for the community after finding her? What would make them make that statement. If it was some random killing I would think the community should be concerned that there could be a killer amongst them. LE might know more than obviously letting on---and I am still stuck on the second car that was seized for investigation.

What they actually said was they encourage people to use constant safety practices, but they have no reason to believe there is a particular safety risk in general. Which, to me, is not necessarily the same as saying they are sure there's no more danger. I think it is them saying, "we don't want a public panic, which could actually be more dangerous than any potential risk." JMO.

I agree with posters who think they are waiting on the autopsy for more information.

Has the possibly of someone following Krista from Portland, Oregon come up? Who was scaring Krista? Has there been signs of a struggle?

What they actually said was they encourage people to use constant safety practices, but they have no reason to believe there is a particular safety risk in general. Which, to me, is not necessarily the same as saying they are sure there's no more danger. I think it is them saying, "we don't want a public panic, which could actually be more dangerous than any potential risk." JMO.

I agree with posters who think they are waiting on the autopsy for more information.

Thanks, very good point. I am the public and I know how I would panic..sometimes less information is good.

I thought of that for a moment as well, but there was blood found in the front seat of her car. Also, I believe she'd have left the baby in someone's care before she carried out such a plan.

It now seems to me that someone else is involved, especially since a warrant for the search of a second car was issued.

JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back