State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only one file had a bad time stamp, bad watermark, and missing cookie file then I'd say "yep, that file was tampered with or planted". But since every single Google cache file has the same issues, I say "there was a systemic problem with Google or the laptop, but those files are valid.". The theory I'm going with: BC was using a private browsing feature of his browser that malfunctioned and, using today's expert witness term, "dropped" a bunch of files in the cache directory.

I'm not saying that this is a fact, but it has occurred to me that some drives hold write data in a memory cache and flush it to the drive at specific intervals, when the cache becomes full or upon proper shutdown. For this reason, you can corrupt a drive by just powering the computer down without doing a proper shutdown. Some of the data that the system was holding in memory does not get written back to the disk, and you could cause problems with the system.

Is this why the files were munged? Was this an interrupted cache flush?

Its weird. In that photo I see nothing. But when I look at it with the lines for reference, I see something. I do not agree that the diamond would reflect the same light. Only specific parts of the lenses at a same relative angle are reflecting. Most parts of the lenses are not reflecting. We don't know the cut of the diamond, but in any event it is pointing forward, not up.

I too don't think the diamond, if it is there, would necessarily reflect anything. when I'm hot, sweaty from the pool, and putting sunblock on, any of my diamond or gemstone jewelry gets very dull looking and needs daily cleaning.

Going from memory, but I think that Nancy told her parents that Brad said something to her about a suicide attempt as a teenager (something like that). I think that was used in the custody dispute.

And, if I remember correctly, Mr. Rentz mentioned something about a down time for Brad more recently. I may have to listen to the testimony again.

EDITED: NCEast has it, I believe:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

It wasnt' one image that they showed. It was a video where you could see her in many different frames.

The picture with the comparison picture beside it that otto provided, you can see it. I know that otto said that it was two low but the camera is hitting her from above, not straight on. Visually "pull" her shoulders back so that her chin (that you can't really see) lines up with her chin in the clear photo and you will see that the grey pendant in the circle will line up with the pendant in the clear picture. I am not good on taking notes but I am very visual. I'm surprised that it isn't clear to everyone based on that picture. It used to be on page 37, post #912. Look and see if you can see what I'm talking about.

In any case, NC (and any woman for that matter) had a 72-96 hour window where intercourse could make her pregnant.

Respectfully snipped.

That is not quite right. There is a 72-96 hour window where a woman is at her most fertile point of the cycle but a woman can become pregnant at any time. It was taught repetitively during sex-ed and my second child is born proof of it. :blushing:

HOWEVER, saying that October 31 was included in the "fertile period" is a leap.

Nancy was a runner, albeit not long distance. Regardless, many runners have irregular cycles.

A leap? no. Its actually working it backwards from K's birthday. Using that calculator, the date of conception (based on K's birthday 7/23) is 10/31 of the previous year.

Irregular cycles (esp for women who run)? sure. Not irregular to the extent that K was conceived in the cycle after or preceding October 2005, and irregular cycles have nothing to do with the pregnancy term.

The sunglasses are atop her head. They are reflecting the ceiling lights, which is why we can see the light in those glasses. Her neck and upper chest are in shadow, not in direct light, and shadow from her chin obscures the area as well.

Those poor quality photos don't even show she has cheekbones or a chin. Her skin tone and the very, very fine gold chain are almost the same color. I remember on a previous photo, unless one was really close up, and that was on a good quality color photo, not a copy of a copy from a store video, it was hard to discern that fine chain.

Going from memory, but I think that Nancy told her parents that Brad said something to her about a suicide attempt as a teenager (something like that). I think that was used in the custody dispute.

I may be wrong, but I think 2 psychologists examined him during the child custody time frame. I really need to go back to the archives to get the dates.

I'm not saying that this is a fact, but it has occurred to me that some drives hold write data in a memory cache and flush it to the drive at specific intervals, when the cache becomes full or upon proper shutdown. For this reason, you can corrupt a drive by just powering the computer down without doing a proper shutdown. Some of the data that the system was holding in memory does not get written back to the disk, and you could cause problems with the system.

Is this why the files were munged? Was this an interrupted cache flush?

I doubt that would cause an issue with a watermark.

I don't understand the 9:30 start time - why can't they start at 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning. And I really don't get the really long lunches sometimes. Of course, I've never been to the courthouse there, so maybe it just isn't feasible to get lunch and get back in any shorter time. I've been on jury duty before - we had to be in court at 8am every morning and never got that long at lunch - one hour on the dot was the longest. Different county, but <shrug>??

I have been there. I sat in that room when you wait to be called for 3 hours before they settled and told us to go home. They have a sandwich there that has fresh brewed coffee I could smell. I believe other people went and got food, I brought my apple and pretzels and hoped I would get to leave for a bit for lunch and wander around. There are plenty of small places within walking distance to grab lunch near the courthouse. Once you park there you don't really want to park again so other than needing the "mental" break for lunch, i don't see there would be another reason because you don't have to drive for food.

I have no idea what the ornithologist would testify to, but unless it is to rebut something that the defense talked about I would expect his testimony to be disallowed.

Maybe there was bird dookie from a bird known to frequent the dump site area, and the same type of dookie was also on BC's shoe.

Maybe there was a bird feather at the dump site, and a similar feather from the same type of bird was found next to the straw in BC's foyer.

He had input. He paid his attorney in ducks and paintings. He sat for a 6 hour deposition. He was able to secure affidavits from several people. In the end, the judge ruled in favor of the Rentz for custody. The state didn't just put them in foster care or hand them to strangers.

Theytook the children away from him long before the deposition.

Maybe there was bird dookie from a bird known to frequent the dump site area, and the same type of dookie was also on BC's shoe.

Maybe there was a bird feather at the dump site, and a similar feather from the same type of bird was found next to the straw in BC's foyer.

Maybe it was a wooden duck feather

Serious question for those who care to answer: why do you think the Rentz family believes Brad is the killer of Nancy?

Yes, things were tense in that marriage and yes, they knew Nancy wanted out.

You saw both of them on the stand, in testimony. They seem like compassionate, decent, caring people. They celebrated Brad's graduation at the end of 2007, threw a party for him.

But do you really believe they want an innocent man in prison?

I think the Rentz family, much like Nicole Brown Simpsons family, know who killed their daughter, regardless of what a jury might find. MOO Well before any 'neighbors' were involved, Krista KNEW, and Nancy's dad KNEW. Their 'excited utterances' were well directed. BTW, excited utterances are reliable and admissible at trial.

I may be wrong, but I think 2 psychologists examined him during the child custody time frame. I really need to go back to the archives to get the dates.

I can't imagine how a psychologist could get a good read on Brad shortly after his wife was murdered and when he was faced with having his children taken away. Pschological assessments for child custody typically take a few months, involve a whole lot of standard psychological tests, home assessments and much more. There simply was not time for a proper assessment at the time that custody was transferred to the Rentz family.

A leap? no. Its actually working it backwards from K's birthday. Using that calculator, the date of conception (based on K's birthday 7/23) is 10/31 of the previous year.

Irregular cycles (esp for women who run)? sure. Not irregular to the extent that K was conceived in the cycle after or preceding October 2005, and irregular cycles have nothing to do with the pregnancy term.

I remember JP saying he couldn't remember exactly when the Halloween party was just sometime the week of Halloween. I can't remember which year the child was born, 2006? I just checked and Oct. 31 for 2006 was on a Tuesday night.

I think there was a computer search about suicide by strangulation, but police interpreted that as meaning that Brad wanted to know how to strangle someone else.

I know if I had an inkling my son-in-law had murdered my daughter, and I had knowledge that there had been suicidal thoughts/talk in his past, and he had my granddaughters with him at a time that the police could be knocking on his door any minute to arrest him, I'd be screaming it from the rooftops and using it in custody battles, and every way I could if I had half a thought that he might decide to kill himself and take his children out with him. Beyond losing my daughter, my grandchildren's safety would be first and foremost on my mind - and I would go to whatever lengths necessary to keep them safe. I'm a grandma, I can have that opinion.

And with that... I'm off to bed. :seeya:

I think we can all agree that the prosecution needs to come up with something quick to make the defense look foolish for some of this testimony. But the defense needs to stop delaying the trial further by these last minute witnesses because the jury is ready to deliberate.

IMO BC may get off because of the slow moving, really boring testimony of what a bad relationship they had. Too many friends testified, that just wasn't necessary to put everyone at the party on the stand!
I have watched everything and have been on WS every day since before the trial. I am so very disappointed and my heart aches for Nancy. I drive by Lochmere all the time and I am so involved with justice for her that I think about her every time I pass those places. It's a very eerie feeling pulling into that same HT parking lot knowing that all that stuff could have just been dumped in that dumpster there.

I am not going to sit here and dig up all the CE that has been presented and get beaten up for it. I am going to agree that this trial is a mess and will hope the jurors do the best they can with the information received and give it their best shot. Totally sucks a guy's life depends on people who are so in a rush to get back to their lives. :(

IMO Karma will get him and it won't be pretty if he walks away from this trial a free man.

I think that's what the prosecution needs to do. Simply and clearly bring the trial back around to all the circumstantial evidence, piece by piece, creating the WHOLE. If that comes in closing, so be it. But the jury needs to be led back to all the individual pieces of circumstantial evidence all pointing to brad. MOO

I remember JP saying he couldn't remember exactly when the Halloween party was just sometime the week of Halloween. I can't remember which year the child was born, 2006? I just checked and Oct. 31 for 2006 was on a Tuesday night.

I read somewhere that the birth was 8 months an 24 days after the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cLeopatra_