State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine how a psychologist could get a good read on Brad shortly after his wife was murdered and when he was faced with having his children taken away. Pschological assessments for child custody typically take a few months, involve a whole lot of standard psychological tests, home assessments and much more. There simply was not time for a proper assessment at the time that custody was transferred to the Rentz family.

Perhaps, but there are affidavits from one that I am certain of. IIRC, Brad had an independent evaluation done on himself before the court ordered one(s).

This pretty well lines up my time on this board; going from a "most likely BDI" to "the state hasnt' proven guilt" to "I think this guy is innocent".
Note that these aren't necessarily discrete phases. They can overlap. I am both "most likely BDI" and "the state hasn't proven guilt". But, I'm also still at "he will be found guilty or a there will be a hung jury".

I think that's what the prosecution needs to do. Simply and clearly bring the trial back around to all the circumstantial evidence, piece by piece, creating the WHOLE. If that comes in closing, so be it. But the jury needs to be led back to all the individual pieces of circumstantial evidence all pointing to brad. MOO

Yes! Bring on closing statements pleeeeease!

Respectfully snipped.

That is not quite right. There is a 72-96 hour window where a woman is at her most fertile point of the cycle but a woman can become pregnant at any time. It was taught repetitively during sex-ed and my second child is born proof of it. :blushing:

I'll disagree here. A woman cannot get pregnant at any point in her cycle. A woman cannot actually get pregnant until after she ovulates. The egg cannot be fertilized unless there is something there to fertilize it. Peak fertility window is normally 24-36 hours, with good fertility preceding that by an additional 48 hrs...normally/median/avg whatever - every woman is different and most do not have an exact 30 day cycle.

Its unusual (but not impossible) to get pregnant from intercourse more than 4/5 days out from ovulation, sperm doesn't live that long.

okay, enough from me on this - I don't want to sidetrack the thread, and I am not at all intending to sound like I am lecturing (sorry if it comes across that way) just imparting experience. Also keep in mind many if not most fertility doctors/OBGYN are men, so gender has nothing to do with knowledge about this. In fact many women have no idea about any of this.

If BC is acquitted he'll get his girls back. I would also hope that BC and the family can mend ties at least to the extent that those girls can spend time with NC's family since they have been the primary caretakers for almost 3 years and I'm sure those bonds are strong.

The Canadian Court System will determine what happens should brad 'get off'.

Guess no one was in court today. If I can move around some morning meetings, I think I'll try to make it in tomorrow

I doubt that would cause an issue with a watermark.

Do any techies on the board understand the watermark issue? In this context, is watermark another word for cookie?

If not, which type of file was supposed to have a watermark? Were the watermarks missing or invalid? Was it for just one or two files, or for hundreds of files of the same type? In this context, how are watermarks computed and verified?

If so, we heard in the original prosecution testimony that the cookie files were missing. In today's testimony, we heard that lots and lots of cookie files were missing, not just of the Fielding Drive zoom.

I can't believe we continue to go over 1100 posts just about every single day now. What an active group. How does this compare to the Scott Peterson case? Any trials that are/were more active than this one? I've only posted on this one on websleuths.

This trial has generated a lot of passionate people. Thank goodness, most of the posters on here are rational and promote thought provoking ideas.
This is the only trial I have followed on WS as well. I don't know if I will be as attached to the JY trial when it begins. I have let too much go during this trial and I need to make up for lost time.

Do any techies on the board understand the watermark issue? In this context, is watermark another word for cookie?

If not, which type of file was supposed to have a watermark? Were the watermarks missing or invalid? Was it for just one or two files, or for hundreds of files of the same type? In this context, how are watermarks computed and verified?

If so, we heard in the original prosecution testimony that the cookie files were missing. In today's testimony, we heard that lots and lots of cookie files were missing, not just of the Fielding Drive zoom.

I know just enough to be dangerous but I have never heard watermark used in connection with a computer file so I have no clue.

I'll disagree here. A woman cannot get pregnant at any point in her cycle. A woman cannot actually get pregnant until after she ovulates. The egg cannot be fertilized unless there is something there to fertilize it. Peak fertility window is normally 24-36 hours, with good fertility preceding that by an additional 48 hrs...normally/median/avg whatever - every woman is different and most do not have an exact 30 day cycle.

Its unusual (but not impossible) to get pregnant from intercourse more than 4/5 days out from ovulation, sperm doesn't live that long.

okay, enough from me on this - I don't want to sidetrack the thread, and I am not at all intending to sound like I am lecturing (sorry if it comes across that way) just imparting experience. Also keep in mind many if not most fertility doctors/OBGYN are men, so gender has nothing to do with knowledge about this. In fact many women have no idea about any of this.

But a women can ovulate when you don't expect it, not in the middle of her cycle. I did and I have a son to prove it.

I remember JP saying he couldn't remember exactly when the Halloween party was just sometime the week of Halloween. I can't remember which year the child was born, 2006? I just checked and Oct. 31 for 2006 was on a Tuesday night.

K was born 7/23/06

K was conceived around 10/31/05 (according to calculator referenced working backwards)

The actual date of conception can occur a day or 2 (or 3, 4) after intercourse, which is why it is so hard to pinpoint that day and why OBs will use the date of your last missed period as the "official" start of pregnancy.

This trial has generated a lot of passionate people. Thank goodness, most of the posters on here are rational and promote thought provoking ideas.
This is the only trial I have followed on WS as well. I don't know if I will be as attached to the JY trial when it begins. I have let too much go during this trial and I need to make up for lost time.

You had better not read anything then or you will be sucked right back in. The curiosity to know what is being said will bring you here. Next thing you know, you'll have to call up the "Merry Maids" to clean your house. :)

macd,

I won't quote myself, but I stated in a previous post that I also do not understand the term "watermark" in that context. Obviously, some of the Google Map images contain watermarks, but this seemed to be referring to cookie files, or at least that was how I understood it to be referred to.

I wanted to also state that I have enjoyed reading your posts, you have added a lot to the discussions, and your posts have been reasoned, logical and accurate.

K was born 7/23/06

K was conceived around 10/31/05

The actual date of conception can occur a day or 2 (or 3, 4) after intercourse, which is why it is so hard to pinpoint that day and why OBs will use the date of your last missed period as the "official" start of pregnancy.

You can't say that. Unless you are Nancy's OB/GYN, you have no idea when K was conceived.

But a women can ovulate when you don't expect it, not in the middle of her cycle. I did and I have a son to prove it.

Absolutely, or not at all. Its not common though. The point of the calculation page is to show that under normal circumstances the 2 days map well. Essentially, and outside of a paternity test, it would take an unusual scenario to eliminate JP as the father.

I know just enough to be dangerous but I have never heard watermark used in connection with a computer file so I have no clue.

I just googled computer files watermark and this is what came back on the first entry. You all probably already know this. The computer technology talk is way beyond me and I feel like I'm 4 years old when you all are discussing it.
Digital watermarking is a technology which allows a secret message to be hidden in a computer file, without the detection of the user. The watermark is not apparent to the user, and does not affect in any way, the use of the original file. Watermark information is predominantly used to identify the creator of a digital file, i.e. a picture, a song, or text.
Digital audio watermarking involves the concealment of data within a discrete audio file.

This is my first case on WS, but I have been here since the beginning of it.

I hope to avoid getting interested in another one as much as I have this one. It is time consuming!

I don't know about the JY case. I saw the evidence they had collected on that one before the arrest, and that looks like it should plead to me. They pretty much have him cold on that one. IMHO, MOO and other such things, of course.

You had better not read anything then or you will be sucked right back in. The curiosity to know what is being said will bring you here. Next thing you know, you'll have to call up the "Merry Maids" to clean your house. :)

I already need a platoon of Merry Maids! And I'm gaining weight just sitting here watching the trial and reading for 16 hours a day :)

I just googled computer files watermark and this is what came back on the first entry. You all probably already know this. The computer technology talk is way beyond me and I feel like I'm 4 years old when you all are discussing it.
Digital watermarking is a technology which allows a secret message to be hidden in a computer file, without the detection of the user. The watermark is not apparent to the user, and does not affect in any way, the use of the original file. Watermark information is predominantly used to identify the creator of a digital file, i.e. a picture, a song, or text.
Digital audio watermarking involves the concealment of data within a discrete audio file.

That makes total sense. I'm not sure how it relates to the file he was discussing. I would have to look at his testimony again and last I checked, it's not being supplied by WRAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo