5/5/2011 Billie Dunn, Mom of Missing Teen, to Appear Live on KRBC News at 5 & 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Those minor charges are keeping Billie from being able to re-license".

Paraphrasing Young's statement. So Billie can't go back to work or reinstate her LPN License because of the pending outcome of the drug charge, hindering and false statement to LE? I laughed when he said that. Her license expired in May 2007. So four years later the reason she can't re-license is due to those frivolous charges. Does Young realize how idiotic he sounds?

Agree with you all .... BS, the whole flippin interview!! Just wondering why? There has to be a reason for the timing.

"I still love Shawn. I can't help who I'm in love with," said Dunn. "Hopefully, I want all four of us to be back home again and be a family."

Dunn went on to say she understands why law enforcement who zero in on Shawn -- since he was the last person to see her. However, she says she wants to believe Shawn's side of the story.=========================================

Oh, Good Grief.

Lord Have Mercy! :noooo::crosseyed::thud:

Well, I threw up a "little bit". And that's the nicest thing I can say.

Billie was not working as a nurse when Hailey disappeared. So what's wrong with her old job? I don't know how her lawyer said that about licensure with a straight face. BD had not tried to right the wrongs she did practicing without a license. Now she has two criminal charges against her.

Shouldn't she have a hearing on those charges soon? I'm thinking these interviews are trying to get out in front of that. We here know how that goes. When someone negative is about to hit get out in front of it.

Yeah Grandma, I think you are right. Something is prolly a fixin' to hit the fan and they are spinning already. It won't work, but hey, at least her lawyer is earning his keep.

From Big Country:
""I'm out of my mind; I'm living in a nightmare," Dunn said when asked if her circumstances contributed to her poor decisions."

Yes Billie, a nightmare YOU created! Poor Hailey. The way Billie acts, I don't blame the locals for not wanting to help her. I wish she would just keep her mouth shut, at least then everyone can focus on Hailey, not Billie Jean Dunn.

~JMO

Billie's greedy and wants something for nothing, imo. I would not be surprised if she tried to sue Cogdell Memorial for wrongful termination, if she was indeed terminated. She will lose, but I can see her trying.

I think the utter crap about the "minor charges" being Billie's barrier to getting her license back (after 4 years of no attempts) so she can be "productive" is just another attempt by Mr. Young to misrepresent Billie as an unfairly targeted victim of conspiracy by LE, the "no life" public, and now the nursing board. Bet Billie's hoping somebody buys this crap and sends her some money, since her livelihood has supposedly been cut off by this conspiracy...

I bet I can guess who Billie is talking about when she says "Can I say his name".

Young intercedes and says people have nothing better to do than make things up on the internet. They need to get a life, lol.

You could also tell in the second interview they had talked before hand because of the way the interviewer said something about agreeing to answer questions about Shawn. Such a soft interview.

I guess she wasn't interested in answering questions about the alleged sexting huh?

She also pulled Clint into it again saying Clint and I are both trying to get an advocate. As though they are together in this need to have an advocate.

There's absolutely no reason that the charges against Billie should keep her from calling the detectives to get updates on Haylie's case. What's hampering it all is her belief in SA. It seems she is finally admitting that the sightings of Haylie that day did not happen, but by saying that SA was the last to see her daughter she is placing Haylie as being alive and home in the afternoon, and for sure in her bed that morning when she left for work. Billie may have been the last to see Haylie, because she can't verify the afternoon and she has never said publicly that she saw Haylie's face in bed, plus admits that she didn't go touch her. Everything Billie says is either in defense of herself or of SA. She won't even admit that searches for a deceased daughter should be done (in the fields). Not even after child *advertiser censored* was found! Child *advertiser censored* + a daughter afraid of the alleged cp owner + missing daughter + last to see her = DUH!

:waitasec::waitasec:

This is the "2nd" interview in the past week from BD and atty ...

:cow::cow: Hmmm ...

Is "something" going to "break" in this case ... or ... is this just more "Damage Control" from BD and her atty ?

By the way ... has BD been to court for the charges when she spent the night in jail -- remember those ?

IF ... IF ... this is not "Damage Control" ... this is just another "Sympathy" Play by BD.

Maestro ...

:violin::violin::violin: :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo: :violin::violin::violin:

The attorney just wants his face on TV, IMO. An interview like this does not help repair Billie's image. JMO.

"There was a chilling effect (on our desire to cooperate) when this case became about 'who done it' rather than finding Hailey," Young said.

Admitting that they're a) not cooperating and b) not desperate to find the guilty ones if someone did something to Hailey is not a good move, IMO. Every mother with clean sheets in her bag would want her baby to have justice and have the guilty party punished IMO. And they would realize that it's the job of the LE to find out who did it and try to help them any way they can.

Dunn said that her run-ins with the law puts "a little bit of a barrier" between her and law enforcement, impacting her relationship with those investigating her daughter's disappearance.

Well, imagine that. The police don't usually appreciate being lied to.

"I'm out of my mind; I'm living in a nightmare," Dunn said when asked if her circumstances contributed to her poor decisions. Young explained that the charges against Dunn have kept her from being able to return to her job as a hospital employee.

So, according to her attorney Billie's nightmare is finding herself unfairly out of a job, not having a child missing?

Dunn said she'd rather spread the word about Hailey's disappearance through fliers and communication than look for physical evidence.

Nothing wrong with staying way out of the searches for physical evidence, she's a POI and in love with the suspect for goodness' sake. Nobody wants her there searching and possibly contaminating the evidence, IMO, unless she's able and willing to help lead the search party to Hailey. But does she do the other thing? Spread the word through fliers and communication?

"I'm just not going to look in the fields for my daughter," she said, explaining that she'd rather hold out hope that Hailey is alive. "I feel selfish hoping that she's alive and going to come home, because I worry about what (she is) going through."

Okay, we care about how you feel. (I guess.) IMO there is nothing particularly selfish in a mother's hope that her child is alive and going to come home because it gives their child a chance but maybe the thought about Hailey coming home is primarily about her for Billie since it would clear her of murder suspicions. But IMO there is a little bit of a contradiction here. Since her attorney implied that Billie would want Hailey found, wouldn't it make sense to look for her in all the possible places that she could be and not rule out searching in the places she would prefer not to find her in?

"I still love Shawn. I can't help who I'm in love with," said Dunn. "Hopefully, I want all four of us to be back home again and be a family."

You really want your teenaged daughter and son living with a man with child *advertiser censored* in his computer? And your atty let you say that?

She also pulled Clint into it again saying Clint and I are both trying to get an advocate. As though they are together in this need to have an advocate.

An advocate is someone that speaks on your behalf for you. It doesn't have to be a lawyer. Both of them need an advocate IMO, because neither of them appear capable of doing it themselves effectively.

You really want your teenaged daughter and son living with a man with child *advertiser censored* in his computer? And your atty let you say that?

I don't think her man has child *advertiser censored* on his computer (in fact, I don't think he even has a computer). He has *advertiser censored*, but that isnt the same thing. If he had child *advertiser censored* he would be in jail by now, and he isn't.

I would say there are two things to consider (a) she clearly cares about SA; and (b) she clearly doesn't believe he had anything to do with HD dissappearing. Given that, what would it say about her character if she tossed him simply because of the opinions of strangers?

If she believed that SA did or might have done something, she would have dumped him by now, there would be nothing to gain from doing otherwise. Even Clint, who also knows SA well, doesn't seriously seem to think he was involved. At the very least you would have thought that they would be bringing up any prior conflict between SA and HD since they certainly would have been aware of it to some extent. But nothing at all. Don't you think it strange that neither of the two people who knew SA best in this story appear to think he did something to HD? Perhaps something else happened to her that both suspect, but neither wants to talk about.

"I feel selfish hoping that she's alive and going to come home, because I worry about what (she is) going through."
yeah,she feels selfish because that takes away thoughts from what poor SA' is going through,IMO....

I don't think her man has child *advertiser censored* on his computer (in fact, I don't think he even has a computer). He has *advertiser censored*, but that isnt the same thing. If he had child *advertiser censored* he would be in jail by now, and he isn't.
IIRC LE said there was child *advertiser censored*. Has it been retracted?

I would say there are two things to consider (a) she clearly cares about SA; and (b) she clearly doesn't believe he had anything to do with HD dissappearing.

You could be right about (a) but I'm not sure about (b). That's what she says but it might not be true. There are other options IMO such as she knows he had something to do with it but her love for him finds excuses for him or they could be covering something up together.

Given that, what would it say about her character if she tossed him simply because of the opinions of strangers?

IDK but isn't that what her attorney said she did in the next to last interview? He said something to the effect that Billie had chosen to cut contact because it appeared improper (to strangers, and maybe some of her acquaintances as well).

If she believed that SA did or might have done something, she would have dumped him by now, there would be nothing to gain from doing otherwise.
Maybe, maybe not, IMO. There are far too many examples of people who think or know for sure that their partners have done something heinous and continue relationships with them regardless for me to take that as a fact.

Even Clint, who also knows SA well, doesn't seriously seem to think he was involved. At the very least you would have thought that they would be bringing up any prior conflict between SA and HD since they certainly would have been aware of it to some extent. But nothing at all. Don't you think it strange that neither of the two people who knew SA best in this story appear to think he did something to HD? Perhaps something else happened to her that both suspect, but neither wants to talk about.

Wishful thinking could be a factor here and it is of course possible that they know of another potential suspect but I think I still need to be convinced that Billie doesn't think SA did something to HD.

If Billie thinks she knows who did what to Hailey, she should cooperate with LE and help them prove it IMO instead of whining that this has turned into a whodunit.

Please tell me if I am off base … on Part one at 2:33 of the interview, it clearly shows a flat screen TV in front of a window. Is this the one HD got for Christmas? the one BD saw HD watching ~ 10 PM 12-26-10? and was still ‘on' the morning of 12-27-10 ~ 6 AM?
I have seen a lot of photos and videos of HD’s bedroom after she went missing, and I was looking for that TV … I did not see it until the footage last night.

"Those minor charges are keeping Billie from being able to re-license".

Paraphrasing Young's statement. So Billie can't go back to work or reinstate her LPN License because of the pending outcome of the drug charge, hindering and false statement to LE? I laughed when he said that. Her license expired in May 2007. So four years later the reason she can't re-license is due to those frivolous charges. Does Young realize how idiotic he sounds?

Agree with you all .... BS, the whole flippin interview!! Just wondering why? There has to be a reason for the timing.

I won't say anything about his attire or the way he had to read from his notes the names of the children who had been abducted and returned home. ;)

I was wondering why now too Knox. The incident over at Gma's the other day? Mother's Day? Was it strategic or just an attempt at PR---which failed miserably?

Thanks for the recaps of the second part of the interview. I just cant' bring myself to watch for fear that I'll end up having to purchase a new laptop because there will be puke all over the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ