2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree -- neither side will have to use a strike. The judge will let him go on cause because he has a preconceived notion that ICA is guilty.

They should just stop the questioning now!

MOO

Mel
he told hhjp he could set it aside

if they strike for cause it will be denied imhoo

Can someone give me the link to the radio station carrying this live. I'm on a different PC today and forgot to send it to myself. TIA

Ok, now that we have 12 isn't it time for the judge to extend another strike for each side? If they use all their strikes they have left now, isn't that the equivalent of giving them that many strikes for the alternates? Or, has the judge already included the one for the alternates in the original 10 he gave them, I'm confused. Any help clearing this up for me would be appreciated, thanks.

Every time JP asks if they have an opinion of her "guilt" ICA always looks UP from her scribbling to stare at the pt..If I were her I'd rather hear those words "GUILTY" (which she knows is coming) with my head down (in shame) but not her! :crazy:

If she is indeed a narcissist or sociopath, she has no shame. She has convinced herself she has done nothing wrong.

Believe me, we lived with one in our family for almost 20 years. They are mind blowing in how they think.

JMO

I think ICA knows that last juror is totally indifferent to her. What bothers me is that the juror at the age of being in his late 50's, on the surface, admits no complexities in his own personal history. And that would not be human.

I agree -- neither side will have to use a strike. The judge will let him go on cause because he has a preconceived notion that ICA is guilty.

MOO

Mel

Oh, I disagree! HHJP has made it clear that the issue really is whether someone can put that preconceived notion aside!

HHJP: in essence we are putting the cart before the horse. we have no determination of her guilt or innocence.

okay

HHJP: because of our proceedure we have to ask you some questions about your attitude of the DP. for or against or just don't have an opinion?

I don't really have an opinion.

HHJP: have there been any cases that you felt the dp was appropriate or not appropriate?

No. I have seen movies where people feel one way or the other.

(skip)

HHJP: Some would say it is automatic, that is not the law in fl. Agg factors are those factors that would provide justification. Mit factors are things that mit. 51/49 the tipping of the scales. You will weigh rather than count. I want to share with you some general things about mitigating factors. Standard: the age of the defendant another thing to consider if we get to that phase, circumstances in the defendants life. I will give you additional instructions, this is info I want to highlight. The sentence you recommend must be based on the evidence and based on the law. If after weighing, you find...

MOO

Mel

Not if he can put his opinions aside. The AA older woman was able to put her opinions about the DP and judging aside and was allowed to sit on this jury when the State objected. So they can not discriminate against this guy.

She doesnt like people of authority. hence she didnt make it through high school.

On JVM one of the defense attorneys said the other day re the note taking:

EIGLARSH: No, she`s doing exactly what I tell my clients to do in every trial. Take a pen, write stuff down. I don`t care if you`re writing to your diary. Look like you are into the case.

That`s not suggesting that she`s not and this is manufactured. But think about it. They are looking over; they are judging her at every single moment. You can`t lose if you`re taking notes. If you`re looking down, it looks like you`re into the trial, you care about your outcome and you are determined to see this through and find yourself -- somehow get a jury to find you not guilty.

Maybe she's being advised to take notes? :dunno:

not to mention the most important part of the note taking, ica is able to disguise her dark emotions while note taking, and you REALLY wouldn't want the jury seeing the real ICA, raw and uninhibited.

that would be bad. and we are trying our best to protect the rights of the former mother.

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
by FootprintMagic
We now have 12 potential jurors but the judge is not swearing them in at this point.. We are continuing on.. We have 7 women 5 men seated

AF is going to school this guy imhoo when she is up... she is going to attempt to sway him toward lwop

It is odd that ICA is not showing any flirty eyed behavior towards this juror.

George Clooney does live in Italy most of the time... Casey stated she was done with Italians... that she would only date Irish from now on... stick to her roots she says? I still don't even know if she is Irish? I know she is Romanian? I think? Something like that?

This is where I get lost each time in these mitigating/aggravating factors.:banghead:

I'm struggling to follow along here (insomniac, have reached my non sleep limit to where I can follow along with anything) I only manage to perk up when I hear one of The Phrases!

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
by FootprintMagic
We now have 12 potential jurors but the judge is not swearing them in at this point.. We are continuing on.. We have 7 women 5 men seated
I have 6 men

and 6 women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members