Very Blonde Girl In Orange Chair With Ashtray

March 1979 was the date RA's girlfriend Beth Kelleher says they met in Seattle. In February 1979 RA was arrested for the rape of "Monique H" and released on $10,000 by a Riverside judge pending trial. It is not likely he would have been allowed to leave the state. The background in the picture we are discussing I believe is from his apt in New York while he was a student enrolled at NYU under the name John Berger. Your research on the dates would lead me to believe the calendar had not been set on a daily basis and the date is not relevant. Thanks for such meticulous research.

I'm probably way off base on this, but I was reading in the Zodiac thread about Cheri Jo Bates' murder in 1966 (while Alcala was at UCLA). Her picture reminded me of the photo of the distressed-looking topless blonde with the shorter hair (who I've never been convinced is the same woman as in the other three photos; the nose looks different to me.)

I don't believe the hair of the topless blonde is shorter than the blonde in the chair. It's just resting on her shoulder on her left side. You can see on the right side that it is longer.

Okay a little photo sleuthing on this one -- I blew up and analyzed various parts of this picture.

Conclusion:

A. the day is Tuesday the 14th (if the calendar has been moved to the correct day)

B. it is early in the year

C. It may be 1972 or 1978 (if we assume the month is March which is plausible but an assumption nonetheless)

Evidence:

A.
For Tuesday the 14th -- based on weeks starting on either Sunday or Monday, the fact that every 7 days the numbers change colors (either green surrounded by yellow or vice versa) and the length of the letters underneath the number, the 18th is a Sunday. Sunday. Monday and Tuesday are all the same length and Wednesday is longer and that seems to be what the calendar shows. With the weeks set off by color and the length of the letters in the days of the week this seems to be the most likely conclusion.

se1rn7.jpg

B.
For it being early in the year -- I can clearly see 7 additional colored ribbons behind the green one. There may be more but I can only see 7. That would make it somewhere between Jan and May.

2yvnew4.jpg

Additionally we see winter gloves on the suitcase which suggests it is still cold out.

2qltykg.jpg

C.
We have guessed March because the ribbon is green but that is speculation. Assuming it is March for a minute and it is Tuesday the 14th, then the year would be either 1972 or 1978.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: Either she or Alcala have traveled recently.

Evidence this is almost surely a bag claim tag but could be from any form of transportation. [see tag in above pic with gloves]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: She may be a flight attendant.

Possible evidence: The sort of upright luggage her gloves are resting on [see full pic earlier in thread] was not common at the time. That type of bag used to be thought of as a flight crew bag. Most people had regular suitcases like this:

29bmse0.jpg

The drawstring bag on the floor looks like something you might get from an airline or hotel. The last two letters on the bag look like "es" or "as" Was looking to match it to a hotel or airline but didn't have much luck.

15g4ho4.jpg

Also, for what it is worth, there may also be luggage to her left but it is hard to tell.

jaawes.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: She is an adult.

Possible evidence:
-She is smoking
-There is what looks to be a mixed drink next to her
-The gloves are the gloves of an adult
-The luggage does not look like the luggage of a child
-Her posture in this chair seems self assured and more adult like (legs crossed and arm position).

She could still be a child of course.
[for picture evidence: see calendar pic where drink is evident; large pic for smoking, luggage and posture; gloves pic above]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have for now. Whew!
just saw this thread for the first time and still catching up but those gloves, I had a pair like that, rabbit lined gloves, I got them in Germany. Being she has very blonde hair and before I read the poster suggest she was a flight attendant that is exactly what came to my mind before I read that suggested, on first post!

I think this woman is from Europe and a flight attendant. The calander has Monday, tuesday blah blah blah written below the numbers.

I also recall seeing that green outfit style, in the early 70's to 75 no later.

ETA: If she is a flight attendant, and had a layover in NYC, could she have hailed a cab, and this is why she had her luggage with her. Perhaps her gloves with her was from when she was in Germany. Perhaps she had the gloves in her bag, (overnight bag, purse) and took them out to get something.

Maybe he had allegedly killed Crilley a few hours before and had forgotten to dispose of her items. Or this girl may have been someone he knew. She shows up unexpectdly at his place or he had gone to the corner store accidentally met up with this girl invited her over before he could dispose of allegedly Crilley's items.

I believe the two photos in the opening post are the same girl. There is a small scar on her forehead, look closely below the part about a half inch or so below the hairline. Also, look at her fingernails they are very unusual. To me they look the same in both pictures.

Someone pointed out that it is possible she's from another country. One thing makes me think this might be the case. Her clothing (plus the gloves) are what someone would wear during the winter months yet her blonde hair has recent highlights that aren't that far grown out from the roots. So it's possible she could be from somewhere in the southern hemisphere.

As for a time or year, I'm not to sure about it. Her clunky heeled shoes would be closer to the early 70s. The headphones (it took some searching but I found them) they are Koss Pro 4A series, came out in the mid-late 60s and there doesn't look like 10 years worth of wear and tear on them. So I would guess, early 70s.

Now the plastic bag, I don't remember those in the early 70s but I grew up in a small western Colorado town and we got the latest trends about 5 years after everyone else. So it's not impossible that a large company was using the in the early 70s.

I don't know if any of this helps but I sure hope we can help identify who this woman is.

For some reason, out of all the photos, this young woman's haunts me the most. I just can't get her face out of my mind.She is so beautiful, so young, and so happy in the photos (except the one were she is sitting in the chair with an astray). Do we know if she is one of girls that has been located by police?

How old do we think she is? I'm not good at guessing ages, but I can't imagine her being anymore then 20yrs old. I know people think she maybe a flight attendant, but doesn't she look rather young to be one. It is it possible that she came from money. She looks well taken care of and if the luggage is her's then she travels. I wonder if she isn't American. I really pray that she is alive and well, leading a happy life some place.

Could the bag say: Jenners?

Jenners Department Store, now known simply as Jenners, is a department store located in Edinburgh, Scotland, and was the oldest independent department store in Scotland until its acquisition by House of Fraser in 2005.

The bold is for the letters I can make out:

JENNERS...JENNERS...(all along the bag)

This is what their logo looked like. I'm not sure what years this was since they were open for decades:

JennersofEdinburghRev_bw

The colors are different but they are both in all caps.

The top of the "J" on the bag is longer than in the logo above though. IDK

story_alcala_hpd.jpg NCMC1171799c1 RC.jpg

Hopefully this helps side by side. I really think it is the same girl

Apologies if I get this wrong. Still learning...

I believe the two photos in the opening post are the same girl. There is a small scar on her forehead, look closely below the part about a half inch or so below the hairline. Also, look at her fingernails they are very unusual. To me they look the same in both pictures.

Someone pointed out that it is possible she's from another country. One thing makes me think this might be the case. Her clothing (plus the gloves) are what someone would wear during the winter months yet her blonde hair has recent highlights that aren't that far grown out from the roots. So it's possible she could be from somewhere in the southern hemisphere.

As for a time or year, I'm not to sure about it. Her clunky heeled shoes would be closer to the early 70s. The headphones (it took some searching but I found them) they are Koss Pro 4A series, came out in the mid-late 60s and there doesn't look like 10 years worth of wear and tear on them. So I would guess, early 70s.

Now the plastic bag, I don't remember those in the early 70s but I grew up in a small western Colorado town and we got the latest trends about 5 years after everyone else. So it's not impossible that a large company was using the in the early 70s.

I don't know if any of this helps but I sure hope we can help identify who this woman is.

I am convinced this girl isImageUploadedByTapatalk1322707106.940009.jpg
She has the small scar above her eyebrow

2011323449.jpg

I'm new at this but I'd like to point out something.

The date is noticed in the picture as everyone has said. And it has been pointed out that the necklace wasn't there in the first green velvet pix.

Could it be it was her birthday? I said this because if you look behind her on the right there are twined strings hanging down which look to me like the ribbon on a bunch of balloons. Could also explain the tiara on the dresser in front of her.

Maybe he gave her the necklace for her birthday and an album and then the picture above is the next day.

If so, does that mean you'd know her birthday? Just a thought.

Just keeping things in one place, here is the WS thread for missing Ft. Lauderdale girl, Dana.

FL Dana Evon Null (15) - Fort Lauderdale FL, 1978 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

While the girl in the pictures is very similar, notice that Dana does not have the space in between her front top teeth that is seen in the picture of the girl with headphones and smiling.

Also in NamUs it says that Dana's scar is in her left eyebrow, while the girl in the picture has a scar closer to her hair line.

2011323449.jpg

I'm new at this but I'd like to point out something.

The date is noticed in the picture as everyone has said. And it has been pointed out that the necklace wasn't there in the first green velvet pix.

Could it be it was her birthday? I said this because if you look behind her on the right there are twined strings hanging down which look to me like the ribbon on a bunch of balloons. Could also explain the tiara on the dresser in front of her.

Maybe he gave her the necklace for her birthday and an album and then the picture above is the next day.

If so, does that mean you'd know her birthday? Just a thought.

I think the two lines on the right of her are cords for the headphones. I keep looking at the background of the photos too in hopes that something will help solve who they are.

No not those, the twining purplish ones in the upper right corner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back