Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, it did for me. Now I have ZERO doubt that she is capable of First Degree Murder and had earned that needle.

she wasn't really crying..it's all an act...check her eyes...not even slightly red...she is such a liar...such a little actress.

I feel like Jose is trying to throw the trial this morning...refusing to go through the case with the prosecution.

There is no way! JB got his defense theory from bloggers! If the honest truth was Caylee drowning in the pool, I am sure ICA would of broke 3 years ago and actually told the truth! There is no way someone is going to sit in jail for 3 years and never talk to LE and now finally say it was an accident. Its all a lie! I think Caylee was killed with either suffocation (duct tape or pillow) or choloform overdose!

I voted, NO, the defense has not changed my mind about her guilt. I can't get past Casey's behavior, it's too telling, and she didn't report Caylee missing at all. :loser:

The only thing the defense has convinced me of is that there needs to be higher standards for defense attorneys!

:loser::loser::loser:

ICA was not crying, she was pretending, as usual. If only the jury could see her laughing, smiling and dramatically interactive with her DT, they would certainly see the "real" ICA, that we have all become accustomed to seeing. Someone has groomed her well in the theatrical department. It surely doesn't fly with me.

I haven't been impressed with this Defense in the three years I've been watching them. After opening statements yesterday.. I'm still waiting for the AHA moment from them. IMO, they made ICA look very guilty. Nothing in their opening statements made sense, it was obvious ICA cried at opportune times to her benefit, and the shaking of her head seemed orchestrated to me. Baez sure does come across as inexperienced and very arrogant. I would love to know what the jury thinks about the defense and the defendant.

IF Caylee truly died in that pool.. George and/or Cindy and maybe even Lee would have let that cat out of the bag. The stories the three have spun since day one never meshed nor made any sense whatsoever. They would have had everyone's sympathy if the Anthony's told the public Caylee had drowned.. but my gut tells me that's not quite how it happened. Still not buying their BS.

The defense has not changed my mind about Casey killing her child - I believe she did. However, watching her in court I feel nothing but pity for her. She is so young, and I don't believe she ever had a life that was not ruled by others. I believe if she could have given Caylee up for adoption, no matter when, Casey could have lived the life SHE wanted and Caylee would still be alive. I pity her and Caylee. I see them both as victims and it makes me very sad and reflective.

My opinion only

ok this case has hit rock bottom for me. This is almost like some bad movie. KC is saying that her dad AND brother molested her? Also dad was there when Caylee drowned and then he help hide the body? I swear this cant be right. Perhaps I misread...This is a work of fiction of epic proportions.

I have tried to avoid coverage. Yes I have heard sound bites and have questions. But have tried hard to wait for the court to see the evidence and not speculation on tv.

The defense blew me away. Not just the claims but how they linked it together. Yes, he told a story. But no attorney would tell that story without some way to show back up or at least have evidence to make the jury question things. Right now I have doubt. Right now I should have doubt.

Because the prosecution has to prove their case. That is the key. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think I should post something about why I'm so convinced at the possibility that KC is NOT lying about being sexually abused by GA. Actually, a lot of really good points have been made already, and I'm not going to start repeating them. This is only about my own personal observation.

I skipped around when watching this. I watched a large portion of it on IS, until that ended. When a commercial was on, I would run to my laptop to see it on WFTV.com. Then someone posted that News13 was still playing it live, and I watched the rest of it there. I don't recall which station I was watching when GA was testifying, but I recall that it was a split screen. I could see GA, with sweat glistening on his head, but his face almost completely impassive. I could also see KC.

When JB asked GA if he had ever sexually molested his daughter, he denied it. Really, would we expect him to admit to it, even under oath, even if it were TRUE? Anyway, that's beside the point. When GA stonyface denied it, something instantly broke in KC. I mean BROKE. I swear to you, and yes I'm definately prone to over-exagerations, BUT . . . I swear I watched her soul tear. In that very second . . . . I felt in my heart that it was true.
This doesn't mean she's not a killer (I'm waiting for the jury to decide that one). It doesn't mean she hasn't lied about almost everything in her life. It doesn't mean she's the worst kind of friend, or daughter or mother.

It's totally my opinion. Maybe it's wrong. Maybe I should side with the masses on this one. So many people can't be wrong, can they? I can't shake it though. I know what I saw, and how I felt.

Anyway, there you have it.

I agree with you. I saw shame and humilitation behind her emotion.

You cannot fake that. Because people who are lying about abuse do not understand that you feel ashamed, humiliated, embarassed that there must be wrong with you that caused someone who is supposed to love you to hate you so much.

I agree with you. I saw shame and humilitation behind her emotion.

You cannot fake that. Because people who are lying about abuse do not understand that you feel ashamed, humiliated, embarassed that there must be wrong with you that caused someone who is supposed to love you to hate you so much.

Hi, 1Chump, the emotions of shame and humiliation that you are describing are not unique to being abused. They would also be shared by some one whose life is at stake and whose only chance for leniency is evaporating in her own father's testimony.

It's a classic Catch-22: Casey's highly emotional behavior indicates that she has been sexually abused. On the other hand, her cool, methodical behavior after her own daughter's death also shows that she has been sexually abused.

Your claim in a previous post that "no attorney would tell that story without some way to show back up or at least have evidence to make the jury question things" is simply untrue. A defense that requires several very different leaps of faith is just the type of scattershot strategy that is designed to make jurors grab for whatever slice appeals to them emotionally.

she nods at 17.25

At min 17:25 I do not see a nod. I think I see what it is that you're referring to and interpreting as a nod. To me, however, it's not. It's almost (again, to me, that is) reminds me of.. ok for example, if im sitting in this chair for awhile, then i move in my seat, there's a residual bob motion in my head and shoulders.. (? ) I dont know what I'm saying.

anyhoo...

BBM. I know we are both in the minority, here... but I felt the same way you have described. I also saw that in her when JB was talking about the abuse in the opening statement.

do you guys have that clip handy?

tia

and im leaning ... I'm in the minority too. I feel grains of truth there, but I havent sorted it out in my head yet.

On a must-mention sidenote, then Baez has to go and out-dork his-own-damn-self talking about why dogs shouldnt testify. what? WHAT??? Oh no he deh-ent.

This is so not funny, but I had to snort at that one.

moo

ok this case has hit rock bottom for me. This is almost like some bad movie. KC is saying that her dad AND brother molested her? Also dad was there when Caylee drowned and then he help hide the body? I swear this cant be right. Perhaps I misread...This is a work of fiction of epic proportions.

If this was a fictional movie on tv,I would have changed the channel by now.The defense is not just unbelievable, it's silly. :maddening:

I have no idea if there was any sexual abuse in ICA's life,but what I do recall is that the DT has said all along there was no mental health issue.
The DT had 2 Drs they wanted to add to the guilt phase ,but said it was NOT due to mental health.The SA's were in the middle of a deposition of one of these drs and the defense wanted it stopped.They ended up calling HHJP ,in the middle of this depo,so the DT could request the depo end.Then they withdrew this dr (and the other) from their witness list.
The State then added these drs to THEIR witness list.
Does not bode well for ICA and her claims,IMO.

This whole family wore 'Find Caylee' t-shirts for months and months and months. I cannot get Casey and Lee's high five out of my mind. It was all a sham. Another thing I believe is that George and Cindy knew what Baez would be alledging in his opening statement and was fine with it. They are letting Baez sacrifice them to keep Casey off of death row, IMO.

I did not believe one word out of Baez mouth other than the date little Caylee died or was murdered. There are way too many holes and unanswered questions from Baez opening statement. He is delusional. He actually created more questions than answers for me.

I have never been a fan of George, Cindy, or Lee, and have always felt they knew more than they were admitting. One thing that I was disappointed in hearing George say that made him the most sad was the accusation that he was at home when little Caylee drowned. Why? Because he should have coupled that with Caseys' accusation of molestation. BOTH of those things should have made him the most sad, IMO. I still think George helped Casey with the coverup and have stated that for more than 2 years.

However; it did take a big man to take the stand after those accusations and remain calm. His love for Caylee was obvious.

IMO, Baez is just as evil as I feel Casey to be. He did not change my mind in the least in his opening statement. I cannot imagine anyone having any respect for him after what he said George did to Casey. I almost always believe in the person making the molestation accusations, but not this time.

I am just sick and furious about where the defense is trying to take this trial. I did not think it was possible to dislike the DT any more than I already did. BUT I DO!

I hope and pray for true, real justice for Caylee Marie Anthony.
I think- and yes this is JMO...that George was thinking that if there had been any way for him to have kept Casey from killing Caylee...he would have.

I encourage everyone to go back and watch the jail house videos tonight, especially in light of opening statements. Then put yourself in the juror's shoes when they heard how this was easy to explain...Caylee just drowned...it was just an accident.

I've watched them again, and feel more strongly now that the state has this 1st degree charge hands down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back