Casey's hair & court attire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey_Anthony(1).jpg

They're going with the old librarian work. If I were on the DT, I'd have her looking like this. Give the illusion of a young pretty mother who just couldn't have killed her own daughter.

Well, we know how good the DT is with illusions....:floorlaugh:

I thought maybe she was being instructed to pull her hair back so that she doesn't keep playing with her bangs. But she does look severe this way, especially the way she has her eyebrows.

I think she would appear softer in a pony tail or just with her hair down, but she can't seem to stop playing with it. My aunt and I were just talking about this.

But if the hair had a death band on it...isn't it a moot point? Only one of them is dead.

So many issues in this trial seem so cut and dried to me (i.e. deathband on hair; determining who Caylee's father is, etc.), I don't understand the "confusion" regarding them....but that's why I'm not a lawyer, I guess. :)

On TruTv right now there is a case where the female defendant made a motion prior to trial to be able to apply makeup prior to entering the courtroom each day. Her request was granted.

During a discussion of this - someone on the TV show mentioned that Casey Anthony had obtained special permission to "have her hair done" prior to each of her court appearances. Has anyone else ever heard of this in regard to the Anthony case?

This discussion would have taken place yesterday on either TrueTV, JVM Issues, Nancy Grace show or the Joy Behar Show. Anyone else here catch this?

And what exactly I wonder would "get your hair done" mean while you are in jail? There's a beauty salon? How DO prisoners get their hair cut in the local county jail, if anyone knows? Presumably everyone gets to look decent and well-groomed when they go to court?

Ummm.....no offense to any hairstylists out there, or anyone sporting a similar 'do to ICAs, but, aside from combing it, how is she "having her hair done"? I mean, she's done the ponytail thing, and the clumps of bangs hanging in her face, but other than that, I'm not seeing any "hairstyling".

There was one day I thought her hair look was improved, haven't seen it since-- it was pulled back into the customary bun, but she left some bangs and swept them to the side. Looked better than anything else, imo.

I don't think she's getting any feedback from her team because they don't want to do anything for her, seems like it to me. Too bad she cut the only people who'd be honest with her out of her life.

I haven't read this whole thread, so not sure if it has been mentioned -

my first thought was they are attempting to make her look as different as they possibly can when compared to the Fusian blue dress pics.

Some of those photos will be admitted, imo.

I know this comment is old, but why weren't all those pics entered yet. It looks like just a few of them, or am I wrong and they all have? I hope so.

Honestly, Pattymarie, I think she is GLAD to be in jail! When Lee had the talk with her before the police came she said "well, maybe it is time". (WHAT??) Remember..she did not run AT ALL. On some level I believe she wanted to get away from CA and the "situation"....so she went into automon robot mode to subconsciously "get away." Remember, she told a friend that she wanted to "be committed"? Wish granted!

ITA and I also think she has settled down quite nicely to the institutionalization over past (almost) 3 yrs. Shes happy to have rules and consequences and she knows she will be punished if she does not follow. She likes the automatic deposit of her parents $$ into her own account, she doesn't have to steal it anymore. There's no pressure to get a job. She can lie and who gives a fig, shes in jail surrounded by liars. I'm sure she attempts to suck up to chosen correctional officers all the time. She probably makes a game of it.

As for what I think a jail inmate deserves (not a prison inmate): I say one bottle of generic shampoo, one wide tooth comb, generic soap, generic toothpaste and no-name toothbrush. Period. No razors, no hair cutting or coloring or "getting it done" by someone else because you are in court. No make-up. No eyebrow tweezing. And make them all wear jail uniforms to court, level the playing field. Poor folks cannot afford the many blouses, and things of that nature, for court everyday. Make it fair for everyone.

Prisons are a little different b/c inmates doing time need to be pacified. As much as I hate it they can get their own TV for their cell. And radio as well.
One day they will all prob get internet wifi access.

People in nursing homes don't have it as good as prisoners. Think about that. So sad.

It was a simple question that was asked of her and, in typical A style, she gave a dissertation on her styles thru the years. I believe the SA asked in relation to the length of the hair found in ICA's car. Also, it was noted by the SA and/or expert witnesses that the hair found in the car was unprocessed (not colored or bleached, etc.), but natural in color.

Ummm.....no offense to any hairstylists out there, or anyone sporting a similar 'do to ICAs, but, aside from combing it, how is she "having her hair done"? I mean, she's done the ponytail thing, and the clumps of bangs hanging in her face, but other than that, I'm not seeing any "hairstyling".

Combing it out, putting that super stupid "bump" in her hair EVERYDAY, the buns and ponytails, and her bangs being cut. Maybe that's the styling?
Notice she no longer has those bangs hanging free last couple of days. They were too much of a distraction for her, always wanting to push it back like she does w/ 1 finger. Ugh. Bet someone told her to slick it back like it was b4 she cut them. To hold them out of the way so shes not continually touching & grooming. What a narcissist, am sure shed be delighted to have a big ole mirror on the defense table to gaze in to as well.

I know this comment is old, but why weren't all those pics entered yet. It looks like just a few of them, or am I wrong and they all have? I hope so.

They only admitted a few of them, because Jose thought the other ones made her look like a lesbian. I'm not even joking.

I thought maybe she was being instructed to pull her hair back so that she doesn't keep playing with her bangs. But she does look severe this way, especially the way she has her eyebrows.

I think she would appear softer in a pony tail or just with her hair down, but she can't seem to stop playing with it. My aunt and I were just talking about this.

ITA. And the fact that JB isn't allowed to bring her lunch gives me the warm fuzzies. :)

TC, Robin

Lol Marple! If I hadn't happened to catch the testimony on this particular day, I would have been wondering the same. Cindy's hair length over the last 3+ years was an issue when Cindy was questioned by the defense. If I understood their purpose correctly, it was to show that somebody other than Caylee on the mother's side MIGHT have had hair the length of that found in the trunk (challenging the assumption that mitochondrial DNA tied the hair to Caylee).

It was kinda silly, imo. The defense asked Cindy about her hair length in that time frame, Lee's hair length, and Casey's. They even asked her about granny's hair length and whether or not she ever rode in the Sunfire. Obviously, Cindy's hair was colored so it would be ruled out even if it was long enough. Lee's hair was too short. And Casey's was probably shorter than Caylee's and colored, Casey was really the only other possibility and she is alive (at least on the outside), so pretty much ensures the hair verified as coming from a decomposing body belongs to Caylee...

Thanks so much! I did hear the line of questioning about hair coloring but must have tuned out the part about hair length. Can't believe they tried to drag Granny into the mix. They best not mess with Mrs. Shirley!

The taxpayers should not have to pay for continual hair cuts, and hair styling for court appearances. If the DT wants to make her look "pretty" let them pay for all the many cosmetics she would need. She should be entitled to inexpensive soap, shampoo, conditioner and a comb. Her face should be free of artificial beauty enhancers. She is obsessed with her looks, and the one good thing about that is she doesn't dare cry real tears. No harm of real tears anyway since she has no soul. Everything about her is artificial, to play to the jury and the cameras. BTW...about those pouty puffy lips, how does she achieve that?

Casey_Anthony(1).jpg

They're going with the old librarian work. If I were on the DT, I'd have her looking like this. Give the illusion of a young pretty mother who just couldn't have killed her own daughter.

Exactly!!! And I can't think of any reason at all that she couldn't get her hair cut in prison. Everyone obviously doesn't have their hair hanging to their feet. Shoulder length, soft curls, a complete softer look would make her appear to be the innocent young mother.

casey looks like the bun-haired mrs. tweedy from chicken run, acts just like her too, nasty and mean. also, is it just me or does casey seem to overly enjoy the whole cupping of the mouth thing? it's as if she seems to think it underscores her celebrity and importance when in reality it seems to underscores and confirm the sneaky nature of her personality... she doesn't wear it well, at all.

I thought her hairstyle reminded me more of Olive Oil from the Popeye cartoons a few of the last court days.

I've read that she already seems like a little girl due to her diminutive size and how her seat has been purposely lowered to make her seem even SMALLER. I think the long flowy hair wasn't appropriate, and there was a reason her handlers put a stop to that. It would've been distracting. You're supposed to dress like you'd dress for church.

Anyway, she was much prettier in the early part of her incarceration. Does she still get to tweeze her eyebrows and things like that while in jail?

Exactly!!! And I can't think of any reason at all that she couldn't get her hair cut in prison. Everyone obviously doesn't have their hair hanging to their feet. Shoulder length, soft curls, a complete softer look would make her appear to be the innocent young mother.

But she is not an innocent young mother, she is a murderer.

Does she have a tv in her cell so she can watch all this when the day is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member