2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is beyond ridiculous! Those jurors have got to be extremely upset as we have yet another day wasted thanks to the defense team. Isn't one of the jurors supposed to be going on a cruise in early or mid July? No way is she going to make it at this rate.

I am extremely perturbed! The husband is out of the house golfing all day with his bromance boy so I had an entire day of no guilt trips of watching the trial!!! I am MAD!!!
I suspect that the jury, wanting out of there, will make a quick decision on Ms Casey. :crazy:

There's no plea deal guys.

My best guess is that DT witnesses are not there, or have not submitted appropriate reports about their testimony.

I hope the jury does not take all these delays to mean the state is the cause. Who knows what they may be thinking? Remember, they don't know anything close to what we know.

On Saturday,HH said one of the remedies could be a statement made to the jury indicating the DT's failure to disclose(discovery violations) and they would be allowed to consider that during deliberations. He told the State they could draft a statement and he would decide if will use it .

If he lied it was to the Court ,directly.He will deal with it,IMO.

JB is toast .He should start lining up his new bikini shop location.

Not sure why anyone thinks nothing will happen to him. HHJP is all over this.

Missed where I said nothing will happen to him:waitasec:

Just wondering if this can be added to the laundry list is all.

I understand perfectly what you are saying and thats exactly what Baez is doing. Going against the judge's orders because he knows the judge doesn't want a mistrial.

But what the judge can do and what he should do is send the jury out and slap a big fine on Baez every time he does this. That may get him to stop if it comes out of his wallet. And I do hope Perry takes him to the bar after this is over.

Unfortunately, I doubt that pecuniary sanctions could ever be stiff enough to act as a deterrent for JB. There is lots of money at the end of this rainbow, win or lose, and he knows it.

:cow:

Let me preface my question by saying I'm pro-prosecution and admire the work of the assistant state attorneys. I'm operating from memory, but I recall HHJP told JA to depose the Body Farm witness on Saturday afternoon with the understanding that the witness would be called Monday morning. Didn't JA have an obligation to be prepared for the witness this morning?

But JA was already deposing the Rodriguez guy on Saturday afternoon. Jose had a lot of nerve just sending the other witness over there to be deposed unannounced. Plus JA only had a half page on Mr Eikenbloom, so how was he supposed to depose him with no prior information? I don't fault JA for any of that. This all should have been done sooner but again Jose is being passive aggressive in getting things done.

Am I the only one glad that I will, at least, get to watch the final closings in the james ray trial now. I have been watching both and it's driving me nuts (and my family nuts, lol). I think HHJP told the lawyers "look, barrysgirl is way too stressed today. Let's let her watch the closings and come back in the morning".

I'm pretty sure that's what is happening...

Please explain, this thread is moving fast and I have asked a couple of times. I came online to watch the trial 3 times this morning, but never saw anything happening, just the state seal or sidebars...what happened? I get that there was no witnesses? Did Baez say anything..people are discussing something he said, an apology ?

Originally posted by YellowSubmarine...

I saw that knot that she tied, in the center part, of the back of her shirt. She really thinks she is sexy. I've seen people, including myself, tie a knot in the front of the shirt, or on your side. But, back there? Never. I guess she HAD to do that, even if it IS her only baby girl's murder trial. She just figures that she would hide it behind her back, with all her huge honking lies, and betrayal. She is very offensive.

The "shirt-back-knot" has been the in thing with the teeny-bopper crowd for a couple of years. When I was growing up (in the 80's) we did it in the front or on the side. It's commonly done with t-shirts--I've never seen it done with a sweater. I think it's just another example of ICA demonstrating how immature she is. Seriously, who would care about appearing to be on-trend while on trial for your child's murder?!

There's no plea deal guys.

My best guess is that DT witnesses are not there, or have not submitted appropriate reports about their testimony.

Exactly! :tyou:

I'm not sure what makes me craziER :crazy:. JB and his antics or the wild speculations that there is a plea, or a juror has been kicked off the jury.

Everyone needs to :chillout:

What's up with KC thinking about how she presents her body? Why do I hate this woman so much?

But JA was already deposing the Rodriguez guy on Saturday afternoon. Jose had a lot of nerve just sending the other witness over there to be deposed unannounced. Plus JA only had a half page on Mr Eikenbloom, so how was he supposed to depose him with no prior information? I don't fault JA for any of that. This all should have been done sooner but again Jose is being passive aggressive in getting things done.

I don't blame JA for turning away the second witness. My question relates to Rodriguez only.

The court reporter goes into the jury room with permission of the attorneys, if the judge talks to them without the defendant being present. To preserve the record. He did it several times during jury selection.

This is so unusual to me.

Being in the court reporting business 30+ years, I can't remember even one time the court reporter has gone into the jury room. Any juror questions are addressed in open court. If there's a problem with a juror being sick or whatever, that juror is questioned individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member