2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge trying hard not to deny Casey a fair trail. He won't let Dr. E testify now...but will allow a Frye hearing nxt week
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 10:26 AM

I don't think JB is doing this on purpose to cause a mistrial or get her an appeal. I think JB developed his theory really late in the game and is such a bad lawyer that he did not bother to understand the rules of this court and thought he could get these witness to testify to his NEW theory and not have to go back and reflect this info in the reports or depos.

MO

I agree. IMO, this is not some clever scheme involving massive strategies to get a mistrial. (and I don't even understand what would be the gain, this would be tried again) IMO, this is a very extreme example of a horrible attorney who should not be allowed to practice law.

Also, after watching Mason defending Baez to the heavens a little while back and saying Baez was getting a bad rap by jealous attorneys, I would be very happy to see Mason have some sanctions slapped on him, too. There should be consequences.

Dr..Eiklenboom (sic)
July 13, 2010 - hired couple days before
ever told you must render a report with an opinion - never other than

HHBP - provide following info...form written plea...expert cv, field of expertise/med speciality, statement of specific subjects will testify and offer opinion, what base opinion, summary of ground and reason for opinion..
Never told this.......that he remembers
living in Netherlands - contacted by phone, email and skype....do not remember put in writing a report....he has been instructed by Mr. Baez and Michelle - 5/2011 to today were you ever asked to reduce your report in written format outlined? last saturday after we went to Dist. Atty's office when we were refused....last Sat. wrote a short report.

between Dec. and May 1, 2011 - how many times communicate with DT? inspect evidence and shortly after talked with them lost contact didn't hear from him anymore....

were you readily available by email, skype or telephone during this time? yes dT could have contacted him....

JB - is this first time anyone ever asked you to write a report on a case? Not A case but ones with perameters like in this case.....based upon things you have done...ie: run samples of dna, inspect something....could be on investigations they have performed or going ovver other reports ....contact with your company back in Jan 2011 done with your wife and Ms. Medina - not directly with you....info got back to you from Ms. Medina to wife to him....object-overrule

Jb what you ended up doing was based upon what wife told you....short affidavidt...fill out all the work you had done up to that point....evidence viewing - went to inspect piece of evidence but denied, then inspected evidence and took photos....were ever told narrow or exclude from your report? No...the report you submitted was what you thought was required of DT - never spoke directly w/Ms Medina about court order - conversation with wife then later spoken to you....remember what your wife told you? no....don't remember conversation @ all...it was very busy transfer from Holland to US....didn't think much about this affidavidt - first broached this on Saturday afternoon discussing case after court session...write report topics talking about....not opinions you held before and we discussed prior to Saturday? correct - on Friday I made a power point presentation - general explain of touch dna and how pcr works - not specific to this case only to explain touch dna...upon conversation on Sat...immediately asked to take depo on new information topics might be allowed to talk during court - appointment w/SA office to do deposition - refused entrance by DA - JA agrees - what did he say? don't recall exact - not going to do deposition....was he polite? sounded kind of rude....JA shakes head and laughs.....instructed by Ms. Medina to do a report and email to JB saturday night.

JA - any opinion ....

Dr. said he got new info from DT on Friday ....FBI reports given to him on Friday - got the whole folder....seen reports before during investigation of evidence....form opinion about case ...during last week he requested more info - all digital info give....realize there were extra reports....

JB up

HHBP - reciting law McGuffy vs. State 2007 Fl Supreme court decision - 1) whether discovery violation was willful or inadvertant - on 12/10/2010 court entered order - granting States Motion for clarification for further discovery.....subsequent hearing determined some dispute prior order court enterred and include list of expert, subject matter, area of expertise for each expert.....debate about subject matter rather than substance....list provided by DT doesn't comply with intent of order in 11/29/10 hearing - clarify issue court ordered - where experts have not prepared reports ....both sides required to provide previously outlined ...court thought matter was clear - in Jan court back again to deal with issue again....going to back to 12/10/2010 - specifically provided respect to all other experts provided by 3pm 12/13/2010 different dates for Dr. Fairgrave and Dr. Bock to 12/14, reassessed court order and assess sanctions..l..it is Atty's job to

interrupted

Frye hearing will be allowed -

DNA testimony about trunk liner NOT going to be allowed at this time.

#CaseyAnthony Judge trying hard not to deny Casey a fair trail. He won't let Dr. E testify now...but will allow a Frye hearing nxt week

by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 8:26 AM

Dang! I sure hope that lady that had travel plans to the UK didn't get selected for the jury! JP told her they'd be done well before the 4th of July.

HHJJP: witness is not permitted to testify. Defense gets some time. Frye hearing will be after court, after dinner.
JB now talking about the SA giving him late discovery. Judge says later.

JB: "one other small matter... state just gave me discovery with dvd's...)

JP: (to Baez) "Ok, we'll take that up at noon, during your lunch hour"

I love love love HHJP!!!!!

In my opinion, I think that once Baez realized that the case was beyond repair, he decided to focus his attention on trying to obtain a mistrial. I think that he is so pompous that he isn't even concerned if he is disbarred because he has made a name for himself with this trial.

^^^ How many seconds into his opening statement did he realize that??

I'd agree but I truly think JB (and his client) thinks he's doing a great job.

So Baez gets away with it again. No sanctions, still probably get his testimony in at a later date. No reading of the admonition??? I don't know where that stands either.

Looks like NO lunch for Jose. Maybe Casey can give him her bologna sandwich.

RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby

"FYI, for all #CaseyAnthony followers, this sanction hearing Judge Perry is holding is known as a Richardson Hearing, after the case (it is) based on."

1 minute ago

Ha HA! Taking Jose's next item up during lunch hour. Better call out for a sammich.

I'm really disappointed. Seems to me like all JB got was a slap on the wrist. If that. I thought for sure all "you know what" would break loose since this is the THIRD time now. Wow! Really surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa