2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that Ann Finnell being here has nothing to do with what happened on Saturday and it is something she's been working on since that one ruling on the one case that had the death penalty taken off.
Also we have the information from Dr. Furton that has been completed since Saturday.

I'm also thinking we have about three different things going on this morning - each one having nothing to do with the other, no matter what these wild tweets are saying.

I couldn't be a defense lawyer (like those repesenting ICA). I really wouldn't be able to hug, high five a murderer/serialkiller/rapist.

What I was thinking is when the prosecution presented their CIC we did not see any of these sorts of delays but since the defense has started their CIC this has been a constant.

ICA was upset (crying) on Saturday - AF is there to argue new motion for a mistrial, might be true but ICA would be happy for someone to argue against DP and for mistrial and she was not happy on Saturday - there is more than one thing happening

His Honor said he would not entertain any mistrial motions until after the jury deliberates, is what I recall.....but with this DT always wanting that second bite of the apple...will try and try and try....this ruling involving the DP appeal is due to the judge presiding over that case, added his aggravating standards and disregarded the jury's recommentaion...which is the reason a jury is on a case...if a jury doesn't recommend death, a judge shouldn't overturn their ruling...is how I understand this being said...but I could be wrong, I have been wrong in the past....:maddening:

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Defen emerges from meeting but state remains behind closed doors.

by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 6:19 AM

#CaseyAnthony Just said hello to
Dominic Casey in hall. Melich, Allen, Bloise, Furton among those out there.

by bobkealing via twitter at 6:19 AM

is the jury there?...casey is hunkered down...

defense always wants a mistrial once they have seen all the prosecution has to off and how well their opening statement goes over.

I think JA and LDB saved a lot for rebutt anyhow

Why are AF and JB standing behind ICA? Nevermind -they were waiting to go in the door. ICA still reading, reading, reading but not looking so chipper

InSession In Session
According to the clerk's office, nothing new has been filed for the #CaseyAnthony case

Tweets say they are all intently reviewing a doc from a forensic psychologist/psychiatrist. Wonder if it is that motivational speaker on grief the defense wanted to testify. Sounds like AF's doings perhaps.

This was the case:

Miami judge ruled a week or so ago:

Paul E. Evans was convicted of killing a man in exchange for a stereo, a camcorder and some insurance money, according to court documents. The judge ruled that because the death penalty is an "enhanced" sentence under Florida law, it contrasts with the Supreme Court's ruling on Ring vs. Arizona, which found that the Sixth Amendment requires that a jury find "enumerated aggravating factors" for enhanced sentencing.

Judge Jose Martinez, in his ruling on the Miami case, argued that the defendant has no way of knowing whether the jury found the same aggravating factors as the judge -- who ultimately decides whether any of those circumstances constitute death -- because the findings are not explicit.

Aggravating circumstances, under Florida law, include disrupting law enforcement, felony murder, a great risk to many people, a victim less than 12 years of age, and anything that is perceived by the court as heinous, atrocious or cruel.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28367402/detail.html#ixzz1QTxlXsbY

Isn't this SICKENING, that she gets all this attention from all these High-Profile legal brains, fighting for her?? What did Caylee get? AND why hasn't there been a Blown-Up picture of Caylee in the Court room...

Well said!! My thoughts exactly!!!!! All this drama and attention for ICA! What about Caylee?????:maddening:

AF is going to get me in trouble with the mod squad. :ziplip:

If AF filed the motion, why hasn't she been behind closed doors with CJBP?

I'm on the west coast here...8 and a half months pregnant...scared to walk away from computer to get breakfast (I'm starving, lol) for fear of missing something!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227