2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's WS cocktail of the day will be mixed and served in a big ol gas can. Enjoy!

Did anyone hear the motion AF argued this morning? Any chance of it being granted?

I think Casey believes that gun was going to be used to shoot her and this is her revenge. IMo

I think it's interesting that, as best as I can recall from the tons of interviews I've read, that ICA told JG that LA had inappropriately touched her and didn't mention that her father had molested her, then tells TL that her father had molested her, but didn't mention that LA had done anything to her. I think she was trying to keep JG from developing a friendship with LA. Not sure why she told TL the GA molestation story.

Wow - I gotta tell you I would not want my family held up for all to discuss and dissect - as Dysfunctional! But is there actually a family out there that isn't?

And what role model are we comparing families to when we say they are dysfunctional? I've always wondered that...

Good point. I started a thread a couple years ago asking what would happen if YOUR family was thrust into the spotlight like the A's have been. At any given moment in my life it would be disastrous to be exposed. I think we have an inkling of what "normalcy" should be like.....perhaps the TV shows paint the picture of normalcy we should aspire to.........reality is however that we are all more like the Bundy's of "Married with Children" or the Connors from "Roseanne" than we are the Cleavers from "Leave it to Beaver" or "Happy Days"...........I gotta admit, my idea of normal came from television - and I knew growing up my family was anything but like television. The A's are Uber dysfunctional IMO because they fractured under stress instead of becoming cohesive and strong. In my immediate family I consider it far MOre functional than dysfunctional in that under extreme trauma and stress we have banded together and supported each other instead of breaking each other down. That is the best definition for me personally to function vs. dysfunction. FWIW. LOVE YOUR POST!!!!

You are speaking of a conditioned response to being assaulted at night.

Not all suvivors of sexual abuse are preyed on at night in their bed. Some survivors are preyed on during the day while mom is at work. So that conditioned response would be a kid becoming combative and not wanting their mother to go to work.

Another example, a child that becomes upset when a particular person comes around that has preyed on them.

It boils down to conditioned responses to the time, place and person of the sexual assault.

Example, remember the rap song that had the words "lick it like a lollipop?" I worked with a girl that was assaulted while that song was being played and every time she heard it come on the radio she had a complete meltdown. It is a conditioned response.

I have to agree, thank you.

I was sexually abused/raped by my step father from a very young age and you can wake me from a sleep with no issues other than i might bite your head off because i'm tired but if i hear or see the theme tune to Baywatch....it sends chills through me because it's something that sticks out as being a part of a lot of what happened to me. I will almost always ask for it to be turned off or leave if it is on.

Each to their own. As i have said in another thread. You cannot generalize about a persons reactions/actions after they have endured that type of abuse. We are all different. I for one would never kill my child but there are numerous women that use their Childhood abuse as an excuse for killing their Children.

Oh sorry, KC winked at Baez.

This whole thing totally reminds me of that scene from Chicago where Roxie is trying to get her attorney's attention, and he ignores her because the next "big thing" has come along. Eventually JB has got to move on, and after the beating he's taken, I think he will eventually move on from ICA. Wow, I bet that'll really do a number on her.

I was once provided with a definition of "projection" by a therapist, and KC's hatred towards GA seems almost covered by what I was being told.

That someone can "assign" another individual the actions or thoughts they themselves have committed. Additionally, these people often will villainize that same person, accusing them of various misdeeds and such, to bolster this action. Most also tend to come to believe what they've accused this person of doing, as well. Supposedly, it helps them to "deal with" what they have actually done.

I'm sure among our friends here at WS there is someone who could explain what I'm trying to describe much more accurately and succinctly! :)

I agree 100%. Another hallmark of sociopathy is the ability to believe one's own lies, to the point where they can pass a lie detector test. She probably completely believes her own story at this point.

@JimLichtensteinJim Lichtenstein
"There was a lunatic screaming at Judge Perry as he walked to lunch. Saying he tampers with juries. The #VelvetHammer kept strolling. Smooth."

Elizabeth Ann Rogers? :waitasec:

:giggle:

I had to take a break. Just wanted to add,the reason I kept bringing up my situation when my son committed suicide is because everything GA was saying ,and the anguish on his face ,rang true to me.
He said much of what I felt after losing my son. I apologize if I sound like I'm all about me. That's not why I bring it up. It's to validate GA's testimony. Always,JMO.

Please never feel the need to apologize! I thank you for sharing your story.

I only know you fine people from here on the boards but I can say I look forward each day of getting together with you and bonding.

I have a question about prison (not that I plan on going there). Are inmates allowed medication? For example, I have panic disorder and claustrophobia, so being handcuffed or being in a jail cell would seriously make me want to LITERALLY kill myself (and I apologize if that offends anyone, but having gone through a recent 3.5 hour panic attack really did give me those thoughts) without a lot of Xanax.

Are they given these medications if they need/want them?

It is my understanding they would request a doctor visit, be seen by said doctor, and given prescriptions accordingly. So my answer would be yes.

MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
Thank goodness Judge Alex called me. I needed to bond with someone who thoroughly understands how horrible Baez did with George.

Clearly Mark is still so upset by his courtroom experience this morning he is not able to type full sentences yet. As bad as it was for us to be watching, I can imagine what it was like to actually physically be in the courtroom with all those emotions and all that energy flying around. Horrendous.

I'm happily married to a "tough guy" former Navy Seal, etc.,.......

This trial has made him bawl like a baby during CA's first testimony, when they show too many pictures of Caylee, and this morning watching GA..........

I applaud our male WS'ers and am honored to be in the company of men who feel and express themselves openly. Surely Caylee is smiling up above to feel the love from so many for her.

My big strong husband was sitting here with me, as well....crying.

Not trying to defend Casey (only an idiot would do that) but that didn't look like a wink to me, it looked more like an involuntary eye twitch.

I saw wet tears. Are we watching the same trial?

I will look for them ,but as I was watching I was looking for them and I didnt see them.

I also have not found them in reveiwing the footage .Fox has a few images and the video clip.

If you see the part where you saw them would you mind screen capping? If I find it I will post it but as of yet I have not found wet tears.

To make sure we are talking about the right time ,it was before the jury left the court room correct?

BBM - lunatic, yes that is fitting!

:greetings: Cat :tyou: for this post.

I admit I have a more suspicious mind since experiencing this case...so I could just be overly suspicious right now...but it makes me think the defense is behind "protesters" being upset about HHJP and the JURY... :rolleyes:

What would people "out here" know about how the judge is treating the jury? Bahhhh. I hate this trial and I want it to be over!

:banghead:

when I watched the wink, I'm sure she was telling JB that she was sitting alone this morning....can anyone else see that?

I get the frustration with watching JB sort of stumbling through the trial as he has minimal trial experience. JB cannot ask and shouldnt ask ICA what the truth is-iirc as an officer of the court, if she testifies to something different than what she has told him, he is obligated to report it. So he is steering this ship based on whatever defense might confuse the jury enough to see reasonable doubt. IMO.

I dont get the sentiment regarding him being morally accountable for ICA's murder of her daughter. She is due a vigorous defense and she has it. Someone had to play that role and it was him...CM is along for the ride imo. As is AF, again imo. He is going to shred whomever he can-his strategy is confusing to me, but so be it.

This is all just how I see it, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member