2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - I gotta tell you I would not want my family held up for all to discuss and dissect - as Dysfunctional! But is there actually a family out there that isn't?

And what role model are we comparing families to when we say they are dysfunctional? I've always wondered that...

I truly believe that we could take any family at random and find some level of 'dysfunction' there. Some worse than others, of course, but all families have their 'issues.' imo

Those guys on the Hornsby twitter are just way too funny. I wonder what it will be like when the trial ends and their paths cross with Jose. lol

You mean when they are visiting a client in jail and Jose walks by pushing the book cart?

You are speaking of a conditioned response to being assaulted at night.

Not all suvivors of sexual abuse are preyed on at night in their bed. Some survivors are preyed on during the day while mom is at work. So that conditioned response would be a kid becoming combative and not wanting their mother to go to work.

Another example, a child that becomes upset when a particular person comes around that has preyed on them.

It boils down to conditioned responses to the time, place and person of the sexual assault.

Example, remember the rap song that had the words "lick it like a lollipop?" I worked with a girl that was assaulted while that song was being played and every time she heard it come on the radio she had a complete meltdown. It is a conditioned response.

My best friend cries and has a panic attack every time she smells "fruit" certs. That is what the guy who raped her was sucking on at the time.
She has been in therapy long enough that she can see a pack of certs without having the attack, but the smell is just too much.

Judge Alex on HLN calls Baez's defense a monumental disaster!

:greetings: Cat :tyou: for this post.

I admit I have a more suspicious mind since experiencing this case...so I could just be overly suspicious right now...but it makes me think the defense is behind "protesters" being upset about HHJP and the JURY... :rolleyes:

What would people "out here" know about how the judge is treating the jury? Bahhhh. I hate this trial and I want it to be over!

:banghead:

ITA and another Hail Mary pass. Must sit on my hands now! :banghead:

When the prosecution rested their CIC, I was on the fence as to whether or not they proved that she killed her and there was room for reasonable doubt. The defence's CIC did a good job of closing up the prosecution's weakspots. After today I am no longer on the fence and firmly convinced she murdered Caylee in cold blood. At least through my perspective, Casey would've been better served by Jose not putting on a defence at all.

My husband said the same thing...the DT should have rested after the SA finished their case in chief. Of course, we knew Baez would never go that route, although, I believe Mason would have.

I feel that Cindy and George are fortunate to still be here. I truly believe that Casey could have just as well knocked them out along with Caylee. If she hadn't got caught and put in jail when she did, George and Cindy may not be here today.

Casey: "Just give me one more day...."

Casey Jordan - JB got his clock cleaned by GA!

:lol:

Maybe George felt as if he needed protection....
At the time, that's exactly what I thought. Between the protesters outside, the lunatic bounty hunter in his driveway and the cold hearted sociopath playing games on his computer, who would have blamed him.

Elizabeth Ann Rogers? :waitasec:

:giggle:

Nah - i mentioned it earlier, but couldn't think of their name etc. It's probably part of that Jury Nullification group Fully Informed Jury Association “FJIA”. Remember Perry signing an order prohibiting them from distributing jury nullification leaflets at the courthouse?

I've been following this case from the very beginning, but Baez' obsession with the duct tape on the gas can is going right over my head. I don't understand it, because Casey had the same access to any duct tape in the house or shed that George did. Can someone help me out?

My big strong husband was sitting here with me, as well....crying.

My Dad too... though he also cried when Bambi's Mom died and when the Ant died in Honey I Shrunk The Kids and a whole bunch of other things.

But yeah, he was crying too. :innocent:

I have a question about prison (not that I plan on going there). Are inmates allowed medication? For example, I have panic disorder and claustrophobia, so being handcuffed or being in a jail cell would seriously make me want to LITERALLY kill myself (and I apologize if that offends anyone, but having gone through a recent 3.5 hour panic attack really did give me those thoughts) without a lot of Xanax.

Are they given these medications if they need/want them?

One of my co-workers works at the Orange County Jail as a nurse. She stated that the inmates do get medications if they are prescribed or in the case of a "panic attack" they will be given medication to calm them down.

@JimLichtensteinJim Lichtenstein
"The Judge is now on his way back 2 court. This time with 2 deputies. The screaming lunatic is nowhere in site. #caseyanthony #VelvetHammer"

Did anyone hear the motion AF argued this morning? Any chance of it being granted?

Judge Eaton on WESH said it was just to "protect the record". He didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

Can I ask a stupid question? I'm new here and didn't watch pre trial or the first few days. When something weird happens like the "lunatic" yelling at JP just now, I see joking comments that they were a DT plant.

Is that just because of the general opinion of the defense team? While this defense is schizo and Baez seems to pull rabbit out from where the sun don't shine I can't them doing that given it wouldn't just be mistrial but legal trouble for him. He wants to win or at least coming out like he accomplished something. Doesn't work when you take his law license or toss him in jail. The lighting there is so unflattering to tv cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim