2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO - while watching the trial today, I tried to read the words ICA was saying. There were two separate statements she made at different times during GA's testimony. I posted these in the threads as I saw it happening. I think she said:

I'm through with him (or) I'm done with him

I really hate you now

That wasn't a real surprise. She hates him now? I didn't see any sign of her "loving" her father before, did you? She hates him now because he wouldn't admit that he molested her? She hates him now because he won't take the blame for being a participant in the demise of his grandaughter? She's mad because her family has had it with her and are not willing to do anymore for this selfish, self-centered spoiled brat that thinks she can get away with "murder". sorry for the rant but, I'm done with HER and I think everyone else is too. I hope she takes the stand. She'll seal her own fate.

JMO - while watching the trial today, I tried to read the words ICA was saying. There were two separate statements she made at different times during GA's testimony. I posted these in the threads as I saw it happening. I think she said:

I'm through with him (or) I'm done with him

I really hate you now

What a scary, scary woman.

By the way, did anyone notice in the defense scenario to the grief expert today about ICA she kept calling ICA a "young girl". Geez. Trying to get sympathy for poor, little KC.

I have been having a discussion with some friends and just wanted to share some of my thoughts on why I felt it was wrong for the Anthony's to lie for Casey and why I "think" I never would.

First off if the Anthony's are done lying on the stand then I really do not hold anything against them for what they have done no matter what the jury decides. What they have attempted has fallen flat.

I would never have been in the position Cindy was in. Casey did not become a souless, heartless, spoiled rotten liar over night. If my daughter was ever acting like that she would have gotten help and I would have protected the other family members from her at all cost. If Cindy was normal I think she would have done the same. I would have been viewing this person as a potential enemy and distancing myself from them in all ways including emotional.

It is kind of like just because a person is your Bio dad doesn't mean you have any feeling for them if you were adopted or raised by someone else. Just because this person is my daughter does not mean I have to love her and support her heartless, souless murderous ways.

What if that daughter had come in and killed everyone in my family except me. Should I take the stand and lie for her? I never would so why would I lie for her for just killing my granddaughter? Why should I condone a person who does?

Dr. Fessel,

I love you more than my luggage.

However, while you make some very valid points that I agree with, I feel you are blue-skying this a *bit* In the fullness of time (and when I am not so ready for bed ) I will welcome the opportunity to try to explain my point of view in full. For the record, I think you are basically right, with a couple of caveats...

I am watching the expert's testimony right now and I must admit I am gobsmacked. Reluctant grievers...yeah I get that, but can someone who watched the entire testimony tell me if the expert ever testifies that a grieving person hides the fact that her child has been missing for 31 days from EVERYONE and then continually lies to EVERYONE for years?
I can't watch anymore, it's making me I'll.

Sally was blowing smoke - she didn't know what she was talking about ....even in general terms.

The problem with behavioral areas is that it attracts a lot of people who are out there and just generally float around being experts because they know how to touch nerves. Who among us does not have painful spots of unresolved grief?

For me the question is - before the heartbreaking story, how did her performance and information measure up? Not so good? There you have the purpose of the voodoo at the end. Shazam - all of us were in tears.

She cried when Karioth was talking about how people feel abandoned - essentially she cried when it touched ICA - not her family, her daughter, but, again, herself (Nobody understands me!)

ITA, It was poor me crying again. ICA cries when she feels sorry for herself, is my opinion.

Sally was blowing smoke - she didn't know what she was talking about ....even in general terms.

The problem with behavioral areas is that it attracts a lot of people who are out there and just generally float around being experts because they know how to touch nerves. Who among us does not have painful spots of unresolved grief?

For me the question is - before the heartbreaking story, how did her performance and information measure up? Not so good? There you have the purpose of the voodoo at the end. Shazam - all of us were in tears.
Yes, you nailed it. I am not trying to be mean, but I found Sally bizarre, just totally weird. And it seems people, when they are grieving, will accept someone like that, who ordinarily they would not trust at all.

That was my take also, Turnadot, that Linda was wiping away tears after the grief lady left.

Happy to see attys with some emotion. I know I had several cases that really affected me, and I had to wait for home to have a good bawling.

Yes, you nailed it. I am not trying to be mean, but I found Sally bizarre, just totally weird. And it seems people, when they are grieving, will accept someone like that, who ordinarily they would not trust at all.

Once I realized the purpose of the story, I was left with worrying if that poor woman is still out there in the cold and the rain...or has someone helped her understand her son is beyond hurt or pain.

And to help her find some kind of peace with the finality of her loss. Not peace with the loss, but that the loss is final.

Can anyone post (or does anyone even know of) the clip when Casey stops bawling long enough to laugh during an objection, then resumes her crying within two seconds. I dont know how to find a "casey cam" view, but it was during DS direct to the magic nurse lady

Sally is used to speaking in front of her classes and conference audiences, don't you think? Very on stage. Like her line about getting the teaching job...."and since she wasn't doing anything else that day". ......objection! She is used to getting a laugh after that line.....not an objection. Thought that was kind of funny.

Sorry I'm jumping in late..I'm only at work for 15 more minutes and no internet access at home. Does anybody have a link to the video where the witness today, Sally, was talking about the bond between mothers and daughters never breaking..and whatever it was ICA mouthed afterwards? Thank you SO much in advance!!!!!!

For those who are interested...

http://www.wftv.com/video/28398053/index.html

7:28 Jury excused for lunch
7:28 Baez trying to charm jury as they leave
8:00 George A. steps down and is comforted by Lippman
8:00 Casey is smiling with Baez; tries to hide smile behind her hand
8:51 Deputies tell Casey it is time to leave

At around the 9:00 minute mark, I thought I read ICA's lips saying "That's why my mom is here" or That's because my mom is here" with her smiley smile talking to an atty- not sure which one.
Anyone else see that?

Can anyone post (or does anyone even know of) the clip when Casey stops bawling long enough to laugh during an objection, then resumes her crying within two seconds. I dont know how to find a "casey cam" view, but it was during DS direct to the magic nurse lady

Yes, I saw that on Wesh, I think. I don't have a link.....but it seemed odd, as usual.

that is all I can remember right now-I have not seen the video in a while

In that video, I thought I saw her saying something like "She didn't even try!" while she was crying on DS shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member