What did we learn today 6-30-2011

What did we learn today 6-30-2011 - Multiple Choice Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ITA - but it also looks like they stopped reading for a couple of years. Most of the stuff they used is so outdated and has been revised or corrected by vigilant WS'ers. Although I think they've been tuning in and reading comments during the trial to course-correct.

I can't drill it down to specifics, but I have been getting a general feeling that WS and perhaps other forums were being studied throughout the trial as a barometer of what either the jury might be thinking or what evidence in discovery that had been largely ignored by the DT might somehow raise its ugly head were they to venture in that direction (which JB seemed to do on his own at an alarming rate anyway). Just a thought.

ITA !
One thing they didnt try which sorta surprised me a little was the PPD (Post Partum Depression) defense.

And, Alien Abduction :floorlaugh:

Before all heck breaks loose (in the event of the jury getting to deliberate and a possible quick verdict) there are 2 things I WANT to learn.

1. What does :basementpeeps: mean?
2. What does SOTS mean?

I would also like to wish you all a safe, sane and memorable :happy4th:

Wooo hooo! I can answer both! Do I get a prize???

1. Association For Keeping Basement Party On Front Page Of Parking Lot

2. SleutherOnTheSide

What do I win? What do I win?????

ITA !
One thing they didnt try which sorta surprised me a little was the PPD (Post Partum Depression) defense.

And, Alien Abduction :floorlaugh:

I'm inclined to think it is Cindy that has had PPD for 25 years now! :twocents:

Our millennium party girl doesn't seem depressed. I can visualize, in the event
she "ONLY" gets LWOP, her having a huge smile and yelling "WINNING"!!! :woohoo:

Wooo hooo! I can answer both! Do I get a prize???

1. Association For Keeping Basement Party On Front Page Of Parking Lot

2. SleutherOnTheSide

What do I win? What do I win?????

A free order of Deep-Fried Velvetta at TGIF's!
(Offer good only for the next 6 days, while middle-finger-boy is cooling his heels.)

(This inquiring mind THANKS you!) :seeya:

I learned that there is a position open at TGI Fridays in Orlando. (If I lived closer, I would apply since I need a job.)

I learned that the actual time a juror is in the courtroom listening to testimony is only about 2 hours a day. The rest of the day is spent in a tiny room wondering what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is going on.

I learned that if I am a spectator in a trial that is televised I will keep my hands in my pants pocket.

Before all heck breaks loose (in the event of the jury getting to deliberate and a possible quick verdict) there are 2 things I WANT to learn.

1. What does :basementpeeps: mean?
2. What does SOTS mean?

I would also like to wish you all a safe, sane and memorable :happy4th:

Nevermind LOL

Maybe the bird flippin tgif waiter shoud have answered the judge with "your honor, I was experiencing grief and the gesture was purely involuntary as I was deep in my magical thinking!

I learned Jose Baez suffers from multiple personality disorder and all but one of his personalities are State prosecutors.

I learned Jose Baez has a special safe in his home for his duct tape stash, and he doesn't share.

I learned at least one guy in Florida will stand in line for hours for a ticket to 6 days in jail and an approximately $700 fine.

I learned ICA may have turned out differently if she had been born to Chief Justice Belvin Perry.

I learned Jose Baez suffers from multiple personality disorder and all but one of his personalities are State prosecutors.

I learned Jose Baez has a special safe in his home for his duct tape stash, and he doesn't share.

I learned at least one guy in Florida will stand in line for hours for a ticket to 6 days in jail and an approximately $700 fine.

I learned ICA may have turned out differently if she had been born to Chief Justice Belvin Perry.

BBM

Amen.

I have learned that I will miss all the humorous, bright, insightful, professional and kind & caring folks here at Websleuths.There are a lot of great minds and greater hearts, and it feels like we have formed this litle community ( well today there were nearly 1500 people trying to read here, so not so little)This is kind of a bitter sweet time. I really am glad that Caylee will soon be getting the justice we all have come here to seek, but I will miss this commradery. Through all this horror, the twists and turns, and sheer craziness, there is always someone who comes up with an encouraging or funny remark, which breaks the tension, puts a smile on our faces and keeps us going.Thank you! And thanks you to all the wonderful MODS and Attorneys. I think I will be going through WS withdrawal for a while. :0) Words can not express . . .

Couldn't you still come here and read about other cases? There's tons of them on here. You don't have to leave and be missing everyone just because this particular trial ends.

Yeah, Cyberborg, very interesting close, mortuary pet care, sure that makes KC innocent and GA guilty, NOT. Doesn't make sense. AND, if it was an accident then, I'm thinking like you, why not take the stand and clear it all up? I wonder what JB was drinking or smoking when he developed this defense. His behavior is inexcusable. I think his approach has been sophomoric as best. I was wondering today if his court presence has been effective in the cases he's handled prior to this, maybe he's used to such a lower caliber of opposition and really thought he would be able to outsmart the prosecution. There's got to be a reason he has maintaint his "court room demeanor."

Whoa...I just learned that the side bar transcripts may be more telling than the actual testimony...see what Cher just posted in the news thread.

Whoa...I just learned that the side bar transcripts may be more telling than the actual testimony...see what Cher just posted in the news thread.

Thanks, After hearing about this one I would love to read them all.

Anyone know if there is a site that has them all or how we could get them?

oh, I learned I will never ever hear or say "blah, blah, blah, blah" without thinking of Jose Baez again.

:)

Mel
I learned today that JB is actually 12 years old. Come on , I just could not believe I was hearing what I was hearing. "blah, blah, blah." Unbelievable. I am continuously amazed at his immature, disrespectful behavior. His "blah, blah, blah" ought to have been followed by, "Did I actually say that outloud?"

I just started listening to today's testimony but I have already learned that there were an awful lot of dead pets in the Anthony home but if Cindy and George were in charge they were buried, not thrown away. I don't think it was a good idea for the defense to bring this up because now I'm wondering if Casey chloroformed any of the dogs to practice, and, because Casey borrowed a shovel. It was kind of left hanging during the state presentation and I couldn't figure out how the shovel ties in with things but here's the answer by the defense now.

Just started with RC testimony and what struck me immediately is the way she said that his accident comment was preceded by her talking about not believing he could have raised a child capable of murder, and he teared up.

The image I got in my mind was not about a man who was crying because he had covered up an accident that snowballed out of control but a man who was crying because he in fact believed or was very afraid that he had raised a child who was capable of exactly that.
That's what I thought, too. GA was pained by the thought that KC could have killed Caylee. He wasn't confessing his participation in a cover-up he was expressing the pain he felt. His gun purchase, his suicide note, and his attempted suicde are indicative of his lack of knowledge of Caylee's demise, his suspicion of his own daughter, and his intense grief. I hope the jurors are able to see this and convict KC.

Very silly. Maybe he learned the trick from ICA or the A's but needs more practice before executing in a Court of Law with Jury present? Death wish?

Well....Lindsay Lohan got away with it. Too bad she hasn't had a judge like HHBP. She might have straightened up by now.

Yeah, Cyberborg, very interesting close, mortuary pet care, sure that makes KC innocent and GA guilty, NOT. Doesn't make sense. AND, if it was an accident then, I'm thinking like you, why not take the stand and clear it all up? I wonder what JB was drinking or smoking when he developed this defense. His behavior is inexcusable. I think his approach has been sophomoric as best. I was wondering today if his court presence has been effective in the cases he's handled prior to this, maybe he's used to such a lower caliber of opposition and really thought he would be able to outsmart the prosecution. There's got to be a reason he has maintaint his "court room demeanor."

I learned again today that although JB isn't a very good lawyer, he continues to think he can play one on TV, and that, unlike JA for whom less is truly more, for JB, more is never enough until it opens the door.

JA- Mr Anthony you never threw your dead pets in the swamp, did you?
GA-No

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cellophane
Back