2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB is just mad the State is doing a rebuttal at all. We all know he has to have the very last word on everything. Can you imagine being married to that guy?

If this delay turns out to be an "imaginary problem" what do you think should happen to Jose Baez?

What sanctions do you think HHJP will impose?

Do you think HHJP will actually impose stiff sanctions?

What would be the ultimate sanction?

Personally, I think Baez should be arrested and serve serious jail time, I think he should be fined heavily, and I think he should be disbarred.

WFTV now saying jurors have not been sent back to their hotel yet. Implying there may be hope that this recess will not be all that long.

Hornsby will have to compete with Baez for clients for years to come. I'm certain his opinion is unbiased. moo

JMO but RH is a very qualified attorney and I don't see any competition between him and JB.

Thank you... Ashton can get away with anything, the DT can't sneeze. moo

The defense has been sneezing since the case started. The states case flowed. The defense case has been so unorganized. I can't believe JB thinks the state was not going to rebutt issues in their cic? How many depositions and pro offers did the state have to do because the defense surprised them? Seems like JB does not like the fact that his client and her family has told so many lies that even he does not know what's true. I think JB might be a better attorney if he had a honest client. No wonder he waited till the last hour to prepare for this. He knew KC's story would keep changing.

Who in the same position would be concerned with their shirt. I have no doubt, I would be in a straight jacket by now.

Im starting to think this person ICA has admirers that write to her and this is for their benefit. Shes not cool.

Argh, now how am I supposed to plan my work and outings today! Thanks Jose, I hope this backfires in a big way.

On IS, Krystal saying she made the first move on GA. LOL Had sex 6 times with GA.

Originally Posted by Bon
I sure hope JB follows thru with his threats to JB!!! Contempt and sanctions.....

I think he will because of the jury. HHJP sounded just about as unhappy as I have ever heard him, and JA sounded pretty aggravated.

JMO BUt I think JB IS hoping for sanctions- then he will claim Bias
and again call for a Mistrial!
He is desperate not to lose and knows he did not
prove anything he said he would in his opening.
He probably saw all the defense Att. on TV last night,
even SH and Fox TH's saying He never should have promised the Jury
He would PROVE things he had no evidence of.

I dragged my sick body out of bed this morn
on 2hrs. sleep too for more of this carp.

How silly of us all to have expected anything else :banghead:

So glad I have all of you to share my frustrations with.
Sincerely Thank you all- Vent over

Btw, watching WFTVonline and Bill Schafer,
at least he gives sane and calm Legal info about what is going on.

I'll add another, and to show LDB and CA that she has lost the weight they both discussed in Court and JB made KC stand up for CA to look at her.

So sad that she never got the chance to mature, and now, never will. Jail will keep her insulated even more.

Just think...she'll never be able to use that HOT BODY again! :floorlaugh:

Good news IS - The Jurors have not been returned to their hotel. Yay. Maybe there IS hope.

Did anyone else hear BK say on IS that the buzz around the courthouse is that she would not get a first degree conviction but would get a lesser charge? :maddening: But the buzz also was that ICA would take the stand. :waitasec: and that the delay Saturday was due to problems in the DT or a plea.

Please please please let HHJP's threat to JB about working tomorrow (Sat) come true. He has said things in the past and let it go. Hope he hold JB's feet to the fire this time.

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
We continue to be in recess INDEFINITELY.. Attorneys are deposing experts. Jurors are waiting. #CaseyAnthony -jfell

This is absolutely ridiculous, I am disgusted with BOTH SIDES!!!
Ashton contradicted himself when the judge asked how long they will need. "Just the new info, should be brief." Baez: "So you are saying there is new info?" Ashton: "NO. I. AM. NOT."
Huh???
I thought the state's rebuttal had to be new testimony, not covered in their CIC. If this is nothing new, why bring them in? I don't get it.

Thank you... Ashton can get away with anything, the DT can't sneeze. moo

As the judge said, what did he exclude? The defense has had years with some of this information and defied the judges orders about the reports over and over again. Knowing that it would penalize Casey for something her lawyers did, the judge did NOT exclude it, but did give the PT time to take additional depos.

He is offering JB the exact same remedy. Unfortunately, JB wants it out, he does not want to take depos b/c he knows there is no fixing this. Cindy lied, Dr. Spitz went too far calling Dr. G's work shoddy.

As the judge said, it should be NO SURPRISE to anyone that the PT would ask someone at Gentiva about Cindy being at work when she flat out lied and made stuff up about her timecards not really being accurate. That's what the rebuttal is for. JB has a lot of nerve talking about getting a computer expert to look at this when he used those records and they stipulated that they were accurate.

It should be NO SURPRISE to anyone that the state would call a witness to defend not opening the skull. And to question this Dr.'s qualifications is laughable. The state only had one pathologist on the witness list, and it would look like she was trying to cover up a mistake if Dr. G testified about it. So they are calling an unbiased, highly qualified expert to inform the jury about the procedure.

As for the saline wash of the skull, that was in the report, they are just going to rebut Dr. Spitz's assertion that it is brain matter.

I think the judge has done an excellent job of bending over backwards to be more than fair. It might not be "equal" for the state, but he is guarding Casey's rights to such a degree that this will never be overturned. He knows that her lawyers are certainly not doing it! And he can't force her to have a better lawyer, so he has to look out for her.

It is frustrating to see JA get blasted for the same crap JB gets away with, but I know in the long run it is in the interest of justice.

Does anyone have the video of GA leaving the stand yesterday and makeing some kind of gesture towards ICA?

from Broderick yesterday:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28408667/index.html

I already brought up the 2:01 time to watch when George is called to the stand and he mouths what appears a F you to Baez.

BUT, even more important.

As George walks away from the stand starting at 14:10

HE WASHES HIS HANDS IN MOTION TOWARDS CASEY!!!!

I think he has finally realized what the real truth is, and has accepted it. He is done with her.

I really hope River Cruz's 15 minutes is about up. I don't find her interesting and I'm tired of seeing her.

I just needed to vent that. lol

Some of you are mentioning getting text alerts about the Trial, how do I get these alerts.

Thanks so much!
:seeya:

Does he have something personal with JB? He is a lawyer, no? Normally other lawyers don't trash their colleagues in public no matter what their personal feelings are.

Just curious.

I wouldn't know. I think he just calls them as he sees them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHoca