2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for celebrating holidays...but today is not a holiday...tomorrow is not a holiday, etc. The poor jurors...I don't see them being with their families at least for another week or two. For once, I wish JP would do as he said he would do and have Court on Sunday.

It is in Canada!!!:woohoo:

Happy+Canada+Day.gif

I'm sure there is a good reason, but could someone please explain to me why Tracey wasn't called as a SA witness? Was she a liability for some reason? She had some great info about Casey not caring, Cindy handling everything well and treating Casey with kid gloves, and George being the only one distraught and wanting to find Caylee.
Yes, IMO, too much baggage.

It's okay. summerthyme was kind enough to tell us MK has company and posted about it then.

:websleuther: unless you think we should investigate summerthyme ...:floorlaugh: no offense summerthyme, and thanks for telling us

I was wondering how many here would go on tv to talk about how many times they had sex with someone.

To be fair, Vinnie P. asked her directly how many times. Also, I believe she said they had sex 6 times. He came to her condo 12 times.

I hope you guys are right, I don't want to see any more family members on the stand. If the people that gave the work records is enough, that is fine by me.

Yeah, I too am getting tired of seeing the Anthony Trio on the stand. I imagine there would not be a need to have CA take the stand again. Her testimony about her working hours on the days in question have been established and are in the record.

The State can bring in proof about her documented work hours through the witness from her former place of employment. It's a waste of time to put her on the stand and give her a chance to testify again and for her to reaffirm what the State consider her lies.

jmo

I'm sure there is a good reason, but could someone please explain to me why Tracey wasn't called as a SA witness? Was she a liability for some reason? She had some great info about Casey not caring, Cindy handling everything well and treating Casey with kid gloves, and George being the only one distraught and wanting to find Caylee.

Ah, apparently all hearsay.

Although how that testimony would differ from KH testifying about what George said re: accident - I have no clue.

If this results in a hung jury...... Will Casey still have the same Attorneys?
and would JA & LDB & FG still be Pros. Attorneys?

Bill S just said state gets first closing, defense gets their closing, and then state gets a rebuttal closing at the end....I did not know that before

Isn't rebuttal first and closing last?

Sunny H doing her legal analysis "I don't understand how HHJP can do this (contempt hearing ) without finger boy having a lawyer" She says this every time it happens I think four times now.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... HHJP says clearly every time they have 30 DAYS to appeal and gives them a public defender if warranted. Just venting thanks for listening.... :)

Why is word "kid" still being associated with a 28 year-ild man? They are still referring to him as a kid on HLN. CA has never been referred to as a kid at any time, not at 22 or not ever.

The DT has referred to ICA as a child more than once.

She said 12-15 times last night.

that is not what i heard. when vinne p interviewed her he asked if it was 12 times and she said no more like 5-6 times over a 2.5 - 3 month period.

Ok I think I have figured out ICA's strategy with showing us all the fab things you can do with a tied sweater.

In all her downtime, she has learned how to crochet these eye catching sweaters. Think about it, she is in court hours at a time, it's like a free infomercial.

Soon you too can own one of these fashionable creations! :)

One more reason to hope for the DP. Otherwise...

Lucky women in General Population will be getting the ICA's new style tips on how to make your prison garb look fashionably cool. She will put on hot body contests, and have her gang of shot glass girls. Ugh!

I wonder if any of defense team caught GA's supposed motion/hand washing and if we can expect a motion on that...
Why? It's not the same as flipping off the camera/Ashton whichever he did.

Hmm, HLN commentator re Jose Baez's defense strategy "Like a fart in a blizzard, it's just everywhere."

Is it me or does that sound like ......
"A snowball out of control?!"
:great: Like a fart in a blizzard - we need to make that into a song!

Think, Bridge over troubled waters...........LOL

I personally looked at it this way. I have probably purchased 100 rolls of duct tape over my lifetime. I buy it from where ever i can get it cheapest. I don't pay attention to brand. I just use it, on a lot of stuff. If I had to testify on how and when I used it, I would probably come across vague and untruthful too.

I also think a lot of people were bringing supplies with them.He knows it probably was his tape,but how could he be sure ? Personally I would have said "it very well could be"

No one knows for sure that was hand washing, so at this point it is only rumor.

An easy explanation, if asked, would be to say that he had gotten sweaty palms while testifying and wiped them

no harm no foul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members