2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement caught my attention. I've tried to understand when someone says, "oh poor CA she "lost" her granddaughter and now she's trying to save her daughter". CA "lost" her granddaughter baby CayLEE because CA's daughter KC murdered CA's granddaughter baby CayLEE. It's not as though baby CayLEE was "lost" in an accident, and then there's a seperate issue of KC being on trial for another reason for which she is innocent of. There is NO WAY I could ever try to save the person who murdered my granddaughter, even it that person were my child. MAYBE there's something wrong with ME, I don't know, but I do know I wold want nothing to do the person who murdered my granddaughter.
There's nothing wrong with you at all, IMO! It's just for me, I can't imagine a moment where I wouldn't care if my child is dead, for any reason, even if he's a horrible killer.

Again, I change my thinking about lying for him, but I would still beg the jury to spare his life.

Isn't rebuttal first and closing last?

yes the actual rebuttal is what we are in right now but according to what Bill S said the prosecution will close their original case and then the defense will do closing on their case and then if the defense tried to say anything that is in their CIC but was rebutted, the prosecution will have an additional closing based on info that came out during rebuttal.

I cannot stand Sunny H.! Sometimes I wonder where she gets some of her thoughts or ideas from and wonder if we were watching the very same trial! Bizarre to say the very least.

I was just listening to her and thinking about this. I think she is one of those prosecutor's that think she knows her job better then most. I read Marcia Clark's book on the OJ case and she talks about Judge Ito being the same way which made him pro defense-he thought the prosecutor's weren't good enough. I think Sunny is full of herself.

Wow. Just wow.

LDB points out that KC's criminal activity will be fair game, like the hundreds of checks she wrote in her mother's name.

Baez's reply: It's her mother.

WTF? So it's OK to steal from your mother?

I'm sure LDB could draw a clear line of progression in a juror's mind from stealing mom's checks to stealing the adorable little object of her affection.

Does any one think CA will try to see ICA in prison? Will ICA put her or LA on visitation list?

I doubt after GA hand washing yesterday he will ever attempt.

I wouldn't either ICA will prolly try to accuse him of molestation right there at the prison.

If none of the A's then I wonder if she would ever have visitors.

I think CA will visit if KC allows it, she will send money, letters, cards.

I don't know about GA or LA.

jmo

JB is just mad the State is doing a rebuttal at all. We all know he has to have the very last word on everything. Can you imagine being married to that guy?

No, I don't even want to go there - imaging a day to day sentence as his wife.

While I agree with your thoughts here, I think, professionally, Jose's steps to stop the State's rebuttal goes to him knowing flat out that he is losing the case. He's hanging on by his finger tips and this is his last chance to stop the crash that is heading toward Baez and Company.

I see Desperation written all over the actions of the defense at these final hours.

jmo

one of the tweeters said when jp asked the kid why he shot ja the finger,
he should have answered , it was an accident that snowballed out of control.

Caller on IS just said JB is acting like a big baby and throwing innocent people under the bus!!!! :lol:

Goodness, I sleep in one hour and I miss the whole day?

I've been "watching" since 10 and assumed they were on a 15 minute break.. but it's been 45 minutes now! Are they at a special recess, and will the rebuttal be continuing today?

TIA!

I heard HHJP say this morning, to JA everybody should be prepared to stay late this evening.

We should all get shirts made stating we are chemists and have a WS logo on the back.

I was thinking last night about the logo posts, and thought that although it's funny, it's kind of free marketing for Baez, too much attention focusing on him. So, maybe, phrases from the state would be more appropiate, due to the severity of this case and for how much Caylee has embedded herself into our hearts.

Thoughts in my head right now....

Did JB ask CA to lie about making the searches thinking that since the new Gentiva evidence hadn't been submitted, that it wouldn't ever be allowed in?

Why on earth would CA lie about making some of the searches and not ALL of them? That doesn't help ICA. So I am left to assume that she lied to stop GA being run down by that bus.

Something I have noticed where CA & ICA are alike....they both think their "stories" are so believable nobody would question them.

CA is smart, or thinks she is. I am sure before she gave her testimony about the computer searches, she researched whether Gentiva would have saved her work records. She assumed there would be no way they would have them.

When LDB called up bluff, she was probably very surprised and now is panicking.

I don't how many of you noticed how many times she left the courtroom to talk to her attorney.

Grieving Grandma/Mother or not, I hope the SA does go after perjury charges.

There was a story on the news in Charlotte last night that someone in the south part of town has found Gentiva files with patient info in recyling bins twice now. After the second time, they called the tv station rather than calling Gentiva so 'it didn't get swept under the rug'.

Were they thrown out at the time that CA worked there?

Sunny H doing her legal analysis "I don't understand how HHJP can do this (contempt hearing ) without finger boy having a lawyer" She says this every time it happens I think four times now.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... HHJP says clearly every time they have 30 DAYS to appeal and gives them a public defender if warranted. Just venting thanks for listening.... :)

I think her point is most likely that the "accused" didn't have time to seek counsel for consultation before making a statement and/or admission to the court, assuming he didn't wave that.

Can someone please state what the ultimate sanctions would be if this is an imaginary problem? I know disbarment is one, but can Jose be arrested, jailed, and fined heavily? And will HHJP actually do it?

Did you see what happened to the kid that flipped the bird yesterday.

Well HHJP has had a contempt ruling in his pocket against JB for much much more serious stuff for weeks now. Every day adding a little more to that file. It's been speculated that JB will be facing thousands of dollars in fines and 6 months in jail for his willfull violations.

Yesterday and today, where he danced around but it became rather clear that he did put a witness on the stand that he knew and intended would lie (even if there is not enough evidence to convict on that, the judge is not stupid. Not his first rodeo). It pretty much assured that HHJP is not going to take the lighthearted slap on the wrist. JB will be getting slammed at the end.

Above and beyond the direct actions of HHJP you can bet he has a letter to the Florida Bar drafted, that he is amending daily. if so he will be the second judge in this particular case to file such a complaint to the Bar. There is a certain point where even they start to listen.

last night on HLN one of the heads was a psychologist and she said the pet analogy was spot on because when she studies mothers who kill their children she sees the happy pictures and videos but they turn out to have the same feelings as playing with a pet and disciplining or discarding them like they are pets too and I think ICA had just gotten tired of her pet getting more attention than her and getting her in trouble.

sad thing that keeps running through my mind

An easy explanation, if asked, would be to say that he had gotten sweaty palms while testifying and wiped them

no harm no foul

I know its a whacky theory, but "finger" guy could have been sending hand signals to a juror. Probably not in reality but Judge Perry has to protect against things like that. Something to consider for the people who think the punishement was harsh for flipping the bird...

And in her sworn statement to LE, she said they never once had sex. It wasn't until a tabloid offered her $$$ for her story that she started claiming she and George had sex.

I understand that but what does that have to do with what I was commenting on? My comment was in reference to her stating they had sex 12-15 times which is not what she said.

She also stated she did lie to detectives about the affair because she was embarrassed and didn't want to expose it but that once the text messages came out she then knew she had to tell the truth about the affair.

okay, I think that this delay is a continuation of the evil scenario that ICA imposed not only Caylee but her family and the rest of us as well. It is a test of our patience. She and her crack team want us to be upset.
If we trust that justice will be done for our little girl...and that all good comes to those who wait, maybe we can think of ways to fill this void that would make Caylee proud.

I found a prayer this morning. I would like to share part of it now and the rest after justice is served.

It's called "Lead Kindly Light" by Cardinal John H. Newman
Lead, kindly light, amid the encircling gloom,
Lead thou me on:
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead thou me on.

Keep thou my feet: I do not ask to see the distant scene: one step enough for me.
I was not ever thus, nor prayed that thou shouldst lead me on:
I loved to choose and see my path: but now
Lead thou me on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics