2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find a transcript of JB's opening statement anywhere, so I transcribed part of it this morning (MY EARS HURT!) and I just posted it up top in the Transcriptions to be placed in the appropriate place, if anyone is interested. I'd link the post, but for the life of me I still can't figure out how to do that.

Thought it would be interesting to read since closing arguments are next. I think I know it by heart now and am ready for a test LOL:banghead:

I didn't understand why the judge told that story?

I think it was because CM asked for an acquittal because he said the state had no cause of death proven.

And the judge said 'Remember that case---Did they ever find his body?"

Inference was that no cause of death need be proven. imo

I'm not impressed by Mason's argument. What about Lacey Peterson? There was no evidence of how she died (in fact, there is more evidence for possible causes of death in Caylee's case, especially the duct tape), exactly when she died (was it the night before or the morning of Christmas Eve?), or who was with her when she died. So? The jury had no trouble in sorting through the evidence and convicting Scott Peterson.

(Maybe he should have claimed it was an accident - Lacey accidentally fell in the pool, hit her head, drowned, and he panicked and tossed her body into the ocean.)

Lots of cases don't have direct evidence, and yet the evidence adds up to a single clear picture: Casey did this, on purpose, so she could enjoy "La Bella Vita."

Tink

So does everyone think that it was LA who deleted the files on the computer and was given immunity?

NO!

First, Linda wouldn't risk her job like that. She'd be putting witnesses on the stand knowing what they would say is not the truth. Plus it's her job to get the truly quilty convicted. Not find ways to twist the truth and punish the innocent. And lastly, after today, there's no doubt in my mind Casey Anthony performed and deleted those searches. Lee couldn't have known about the chloroform; they were all looking for Zanny.

Ok this may make me a pariah, but here goes...

As a psych nurse, I feel for ICA.

NO, of course, I DO NOT EXCUSE HER FOR KILLING HER INNOCENT CHILD - if she did.

I just FEEL.

...months and months of active listening... watching... assessing...observing

....Something happened in that home (imo)

and imo.. the extenuating circumstances, the blame, for.... if there is any to be had, cannot ALL be heaped on George... (abuse or not) or Lee....

C....I....N...D.....Y......

Some vulnerable people can be driven to horrible things. (ICA)

DOES NOT EXCUSE THEM.

Ok, I'll say it; I feel in my gut that ICA killed innocent Caylee.

But I also feel it was a result of something that transpired (that argument, that night --look at the timeline people, please) bw Cindy and Casey

However,....

I cannot finish my thought bc I am crying.

now commence with the veggies

PS
Cindy and ICA -- as far as Cindy threatening to take custody of Caylee. Cant prove it. Just feel it.... which means beans, I know.

I know that my gut feeling means nothing... except to me.

moo

Could that be why Cindy took it upon herself to lie for ICA?

I have accepted everything about the case - believe Casey deliberately killed her child but until today was unable to answer why.

The reason is that Casey was getting older and able to tell what was going on with her. What her mother was doing to her and that there was no Zannie the nanny.

She was going to tell on Casey and Casey could NOT have that happen.

That is the why. I hope the prosecutor tells the jury.

ITA I said that a year ago...sad sad sad...

At the end of the day they do not hate each other. They do their jobs!

I don't know. This is BAEZ we're talking about. :loser:

I think LDB was laughing AT him, not WITH him, lol :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I just FEEL.

and imo.. the extenuating circumstances, the blame, for.... if there is any to be had, cannot ALL be heaped on George... (abuse or not) or Lee....

DOES NOT EXCUSE THEM.

But I also feel it was a result of something that transpired (that argument, that night --look at the timeline people, please) bw Cindy and Casey

However,....

PS
Cindy and ICA -- as far as Cindy threatening to take custody of Caylee. Cant prove it. Just feel it.... which means beans, I know.

moo

I have always felt bad for Casey too and I could not figure out why. I think it is because she is so young and the family is just so dysfunctional and weird in my eyes but I would think if something really traumatic would have happened to her growing up JB would have referred to it in his defense.

This whole case is sad all around but I believe the evidence definately without a doubt proves that Casey killed poor Caylee and she has to pay for what she did.

I have accepted everything about the case - believe Casey deliberately killed her child but until today was unable to answer why.

The reason is that Casey was getting older and able to tell what was going on with her. What her mother was doing to her and that there was no Zannie the nanny.

She was going to tell on Casey and Casey could NOT have that happen.

That is the why. I hope the prosecutor tells the jury.

I have always felt that. The time had come to dispose of her pet.

I hope she gets what she deserves.

I just FEEL.

DOES NOT EXCUSE THEM.

However,....

PS

moo

I agree with you 100%. At various times I've tried to hint/even said I believe Casey is also victim. Further, I don't believe many people here can even begin to imagine, let alone understand, some of the stuff that may have gone on in that place where the Anthonys lived.

Yeah, I feel for ICA too, and I believe the lot of them should be held accountable in some way.

My opinion only

RE: alleged premeditation

What happened in ICA’s life on or before March 17, 2008 (ICA’s BIRTHDAY!) that caused her to search for “chloraform” and “neck breaking”?

To what issue did ICA believe that getting rid of Caylee was the answer?

[Note: I obviously came in late to this case.]

TIA

Does anyone think HHJB went into the jury room with the court reporter to instruct them to disregard CA's testimony since it was destroyed by the SA today?

No, it's up to the jury to decide what weight to give CA's testimony. I think the judge was telling the jury that he has a special outing planned for them tomorrow, since there's no court.

In a strange way I too feel sorry for her. But I feel sorrier for little Caylee and even for the Anthony family.

I do think that something's very wrong with KC Anthony and I think that's why I can feel pity for her. It's her misfortune to not be totally insane. She must have relished her trial...getting out of jail every day...being the center of attraction...and pretending to be a vital part of the defense.

Just imagine being her and knowing that all that excitement is soon over and her life forever more is going to be in a cell.

I just FEEL.

DOES NOT EXCUSE THEM.

However,....

PS

moo

Living with a sociopath within their midst could not have been easy. I seriously mean that. I'm not 100% sure that the State wasn't aware of what Cindy would state about the searches (KWIM). Brilliant maneuver on the State's part if they orchestrated it. It allowed Cindy the opportunity to fall on the sword...and it allowed the State to bring forward some very damning testimony.

Someone break down the chillingsworth comment and the context in which HHJP mentioned it. I was not able to listen in at that time.

I posted but deleted....I felt a bit sorry for ICA for a momet, but I came to my senses.

That happened to me during jury selection but my good friends here slapped me out of it. I'll pay it forward:

:slapfight: :therethere:

The live feed that I was watching went to commercial when court recessed, and the last picture that I saw of Casey was when she took a sip of water, looked down, and appeared to be ready to :sick:

Now she goes to her cell to sit alone.

Well I'm so happy we have a day off tomorrow - this trial is making me ill. I've lost weight, cant sleep and my eyes are almost crossed. My brain is totally burnt out

I spoke to a friend earlier and she says exactly the same...its dangerous to your health

It is my wish that everyone will be sitting in front of their puters Sunday morning @ 9am inside sparkling clean homes with food in the refrigerator and clean clothes:D

I just FEEL.

DOES NOT EXCUSE THEM.

However,....

PS

moo

*hugs*
Your gut feeling means a lot to me! It shows youre a compassionate person that has the capability to feel. You get no veggies from me! :snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix