2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Wouldn't that be something? I doubt they'll come back that soon, but you never know. Maybe they got her pegged as quickly as we did.

This afternoon was awesome! Worth the wait from the delay that Baez caused this morning. Tearing apart CA's manufactured alibi brick by brick - piece by piece. Brilliant.

I hope CA is shunned everywhere she goes for the rest of her life. I'm so glad she was busted out for the world to see.

Can't wiat for Sunday!

You know while LDB was exposing CA lies all I could think about was a pair of baby CayLEE's shoes being donated? I remember thinking back then that CA was not an honest person but at that time I still felt sad for her. Do you all remember that time? Now I really hope something is done about all her lies.

RSBM....

And that's the really important thing to keep in mind when considering this case. This is not just a mom who killed her kid in a fit of rage, nor was it a chronic child abuser who went too far, this is the WORST kind of monster on trial here. This woman researched how to murder her child. Imagine that. She gave her baths and played and told her stories and kissed her at bedtime and fed her dinner and all the normal mommy stuff, and all the while she was looking into these little trusting eyes and thinking, "Should I snap your neck baby? Should I drown you in your bubblebath? Maybe tonight, while you sleep, I should smother you with your pillow? Or should I make the poison? What the easiest way for mommy to kill her little angel?"

Think about that.

THAT'S why these computer searches matter.

This just almost made me puke. I never put it together like that really but my god - yep...that's the type of thing she was up to "lemme introduce you to my man and if he likes you, you can live a little longer"

Nope. I don't think they'd ever ask a question they don't know the answer too. What if he decided to lie to protect Casey? I'm pretty sure they would've asked Casey though.
So why would her job be at risk?
Someone deleted that info...if it was Casey, why wouldn't they have had the computer guy testify to it. If it was CA, they already had her on perjury so why not ask more today about the deleted space (not sure if it would have been within the scope, though)? I'm just not 100% sure of the "why"...why NOT ask the State's expert witness way back when?
PS- and weren't all the "bad" searches in the deleted files? What still remained in the other browser histories? Anyone know?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6820898#post6820898"]Witnesses and when they testified ***LIST ONLY*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

July 1, 2011

- Baez asks Judge to reconsider Motion to exclude rebuttal testimony re:
Gentiva records and rebuttal testimony of Dr. Goldberger and
Dr. Warren - DENIED

- Court recessed while Defense took depo of Dr. Goldberger and Dr. Warren

- John Campelengo - Gentiva Health Care Chief Compliance Officer
has computer activity records of Cindy on March 17, 2008 and March 21, 2008
shows she was on a work computer on those dates and at times of computer
searches on Anthony home computer
Baez cross exam only said this man asked for this info last Friday

- Deborah Polisano - Cindy's supervisor at Gentiva
Cindy worked in an office and did not leave during day for work purposes
each employee used their own login user name and password
against HIPPA regs to use anybody else's login name and password
Cindy could not work from home on Gentiva website
Polisano never fixed Cindy's timecard
timecard shows Cindy worked on March 17th and March 21st
timecard never showed Cindy at work when really at home - illegal to do
Baez cross exam - allowed to run errands during day

- Dr. Bruce Goldberger - Prof Director Toxicology Univ FL Dept Pathology and Psychiatry
tested samples from the cranial wash of Caylee's skull
nothing from saline wash in skull was residue of brain
nothing of decomp in skull cavity [Spitz said it was brain dust]

- Dr. Michael Warren - Directo CA Pound Human ID Lab Univ FL
no protocols that require or recommend opening of a skull for exam in a skeletal
case especially on a child's skull - could fracture the skull [Spitz did break it]
no need to saw open the skull - just look through the large hole at base of skull
use dental mirrors and flashlight
Baez cross exam - says Dr. Spitz knows better what to do in autopsy

- Kevin Stenger - OCSO computer forensic examiner
did keyword searches on Anthony home computer for chlorophyll, neck [breaking], hand sanitizer, bamboo, and Gentiva and found NONE of those words anywhere on the harddrive
"neck breaking" was not a popup - someone typed in those words in Google search
Baez cross exam - something about domain names like yahoo

- Sandra [Cawn] Osborne - OCSO computer forensic examiner
search for chlorophyll, hand sanitizer and bamboo and Gentiva website
chlorophyll was only found in the MS dictionary which comes with the
MS software when you buy a computer
did not find the other words on the harddrive
found nothing related to bamboo leaves being poisonous
only search related to dogs was how to get rid of fleas
no remote login onto Gentiva website
Baez cross exam - suggested files could have been deleted and written over

- Yuri Melich
turned over cell phone records of Cindy and George and home phone records
no call from home phone to George cell phone during week of July 16th
Cindy said she called George from their home phone about pool ladder incident
on July 16th
Baez on cross exam - George had multiple cell phones, all Anthonys had several

- No further rebuttal from State

- Defense has no sir rebuttal - Judge ask if they will put Mrs. Anthony on stand - no

- Judge dismisses jury and says reconvene on Sunday at 9:00am for closing arguments
and instruction on the law

- Mason renewed Motion for mistrial related to video superimposition by Dr Warren - DENIED

- Judge will reserve ruling on Finnell's death penalty motion

- Mason argued renewed Motion for Judgmental of Acquittal
says State has not proven any of the charges and Judge can acquit
DENIED - the jury will decide

- Ashton says attorneys will have a telephone conference at noon tomorrow

- Judge says attorneys be in court at 8:30am on Sunday to finalize jury instruction

The live feed that I was watching went to commercial when court recessed, and the last picture that I saw of Casey was when she took a sip of water, looked down, and appeared to be ready to :sick:

Oh, I know. She is a piece of work, for sure. The jury leaves. Blink your eyes and she's completely different. That's just how fast she changes.

Does anyone know where precious Caylee is buried? I have family near Orlando and next time I go there I would like to pay my respects. TIA

I believe she was cremated.

Does anyone know where precious Caylee is buried? I have family near Orlando and next time I go there I would like to pay my respects. TIA

I believe, if I am not mistaken, Caylee was cremated...

She's not buried, she was cremated and her remains are with the Anthony's I believe.

I do not think there is a headstone or anything other than makeshift memorials near the dump site.

I wish a local park, or the elementary school would erect a statue in her honor - in the places she would have been if she were still alive. Give people some offical place to pay their respects, and not by the side of the road where she was dumped.

I can't believe that JVM still believes all of Krystal Holloway's testimony even though for most of it she was proven wrong. I'll admit I do not know if they had an affair, but it was pointed that she changed her story for the National Enquier. And she denied the affair before it. Other than that I did not find her that credible.
Sheesh...she changed her story while on HLN yesterday. Loved it today when one of the TH said that VP got her to open up...are you kidding me?!

She was cremated. Lee, Cindy and George have jewelry made with the ashes.

I have only been able to catch bits and pieces today. What is the ladder lie? Something new today, or just how she switched from the 17th to the 1th on the ladder being in place?

Phone records show that CA never called GA during the entire week of June 16 2008. CA had said she phoned GA about the ladder being left up. JB was trying to use that toward the accidental drowning theory.

I was listening the whole time, I missed it! How crazy is that??

eta: HLN is running the circus out on Suburban-- I'm finding the remote.

They were talking about how RK knew the remains were there, and how DC knew. Then they were saying something alone the lines of bugging ICA and JB while she at the jail? Then the RK girlfriend working at jail is how RK knew.
Of course we know how DC knew. My question is this is the first I have heard of the bugging thing I think, is this something that was floating around and never proved?

I can't believe Vinnie is reading George's suicide letter on the air with a national audience, my God does the media not have any shame, no compassion for anyone. I cannot think of a more personal document than a heart wrenching suicide letter written from someone who could no longer take the pain of living any longer, and these vultures expose it for the world to see.

Shame on Vinnie, may no one ever read such a personal document of his one day on the air....this is not just a job, there is no good reason for him to do such a horrible thing to another human being.

Did y'all hear what Beth Karas said? :lol: When JA took that huge pic of Caylee's skull sawed in half and showed it to the forensic guy, when he brought it back he put it right in front of and facing ICA! :great: and JB had to get up and turn it around!!

It just kills me to listen to CM saying all the state proved is she lied and the child is dead. Like it is completely normal to have your health 2 year old die and instead of calling 911, having a funeral and burying her you lie about what happened her. And he says it with such arrogance! IT's so ridiculous!

ITA. OMG, I about FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR when he said decomposition in the trunk DIDN'T MATTER!!!!! Like decomp in the trunk is NORMAL! WTF, CM!!!!!! I do NOT GET him. AT ALL. I'm sure if one of his grandchildren was decomposing in his trunk, IT WOULD MATTER TO HIM!

I'm sorry, but that just about killed me when he said that. OMG.

Oh, did Linda ask Lee if he deleted the searches? I must have missed that. Actually, did they ask anyone?

I bet they'd say Padilla deleted them!! I don't think they asked anyone about deleting them either. But I might have missed it.

Yes, and thank God George is still alive. I believe with all my heart that if he had died, Casey could walk free because Cindy would do anything to spare her including lying about her own dead husband.

When I first read the note what really made me pause was when he wrote "Jose keeps calling me". It made me wonder if JB kept calling thinking "No George, don't commit suicide...we need you to be the fall guy" or if he truly cared.

Yes, and thank God George is still alive. I believe with all my heart that if he had died, Casey could walk free because Cindy would do anything to spare her including lying about her own dead husband.

Why not, she lied about EVERYTHING else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back