Video of a 5 year old Casey at a birthday party released today

Those are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the cups, napkins & plates…I only see girls in the video. I'm wondering whose party this was.

Hey now, girls like TMNT too. I had a Ninja Turtle-themed birthday party when I was 10. :blushing:

I didn't say it COULDN'T Possibly be a girl's party, only that I was wondering whose party. I thought the kind of party could be a clue, as we don't have much else to go on from this video. I'm just looking at all possible details in the video. I was wondering if it might be a girl who was a TMNT fan. Or, possibly a classmate. I had friend-boys growing up. I assume that it is NOT Casey's party, because she says, "I'm Casey, Happy Birthday" which sounds to me like the camera person was going around the table recording each guest saying "I"m ________ Happy Birthday" so they'd have a record of all the guests. I was just looking for information. Someone made some $$$ by sharing this video, it's just a question of who. I certainly have video of other children who attend my kids' parties, so if one of them grows up to be famous or notorious (fate forbid) then I can make some cashola on it some day (J/K)

Also…I have two older boys and my third child is my girl. Having two older brothers, she's all about Star Wars, and Ben10 and Bakugan, and other "boy stuff" I wouldn't put it past her at all to have a TMNT or other traditionally "Boy" themed party. I repeat, I was just looking at all the information we had. Closely examining every clue…listening to background noise, the tables, the placemats, the color of the walls. Trying to put the pieces together. Clearly it could have been a party for either sex.

This video is useless but to the makeup thing - ya never know if they did play makeup AT said party.

Are there any other photos from Casey's childhood other than the ones released a few years ago that included some Christmas ones? I've heard there are more, but I can't find them.

206y5p0.jpg

Strangely, I think ICA in this pic resembles the little boy from The Ring.

There is no way Casey is 10 years old in the video. But she looks a little older than 5 to me. I hope someone didn't make money off of this video.

I don't think she has changed much.When I look at her I see a very immature little girl.It does make me sad.I can only guess how her parents feel looking at it.

Maybe I am just hard core biased against ica... But even in this video, something seems a bit off about her...like she has 'dead eyes' or something. JMO.
Bingo, she does have dead eyes (also called flat eyes )

It's such a shame to think that the cute little girl in the video grew up to bring nothing but misery to the lives of others, now that's a waste. :(

She doesn't seem to be happy or smiling. Her eyes are not joyous:(

My 3 year old has no friends, and rarely hangs out with others kids, but my 6 year old has a TON of friends. I'm not sure we have any pictures of him with other 2 year olds when he was 2, and I have a bazillion pictures and videos of him.

I saw this video last night on regular CNN and they indicated that it was from a different child's party and was submitted by that child's family. No indication about whether that family was paid.

Looking at this video I feel nothing for Casey because she is just evil incarnate. However, this type of thing is what makes me so conflicted when it comes to everyone else in this case. I have baby books and videos and pictures for each of my kids...no matter what they did, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to see my child as a monster and not as the tiny baby in her hospital pictures or the little girl playing dress up at a friend's birthday party. I presume the A's have a similar collection of baby and childhood keepsakes, and that they have probably combed through it over and over and over during the past 3 years. I'd like to say that I would be stronger than them and would be able to just do my duty and deliver my child to deathrow, but I'm really not sure.

There is so much about this case that is upsetting. To be honest I know many people who grew up in just awful circumstances the likes of which are hard to comprehend but who are not sociopaths as adults. I also know people whose parents put on blinders and who feel like their kid can do no wrong despite obvious problems whose kids are irresponsible adults with addictions or criminal records, but they are irresponsible adults who still feel things for other human beings and wouldn't wrap duct tape around the face of a 2 year old. I know pathological liars and manipulators and extremely controlling women who become "The Mother in law from Hell" or "The crazy grandma" but whose children do not kill their kids. I want to feel like I'm safe, and that my children won't become Casey, but at the end of the day I just feel sick and unsure. :sick:

Knowing that people like Casey exist is just shattering to my world view and general level of comfort.

I love reading posts and never comment bc I never know if I will make sense! But anyway reading the comments you all said about her eyes even as a child reminds me of a child I know and I am afraid of what this child will be like in the future. I am afraid of leaving my child around this child because of stuff this child has done in the past. This child purposely hurts other children and I asked one time "Why do you want to hurt people?" This child had such a cold look in their eyes and ignored me. I stare at pictures of this child and sometimes catch myself staring at them when I am around because their eyes seem to have nothing there, and that is so scary because this is a child and I want to be nice to them. This child seems to be getting better, but still I am uneasy around them and will never leave my kids alone with them. God knows I pray it never happens, BUT if this child ever did something like this or worse, I cannot say I would surprised because of the signs I see now. It's just sad.

Sorry to ramble but seeing this video, and knowing what she grew up to be just makes me so sad.

WFTV says in the link below that she is 5 years old in the video.

HOME VIDEO: 5-Year-Old Casey Anthony
Home video of Casey Anthony in 1991 was obtained by WFTV, courtesy of Anderson Cooper's show AC360. (07/01/11)
http://www.wftv.com/video/28419064/index.html

I'm leaning toward this being a video taken by the birthday girl or boy's parents and sold by them.

I don't see anything off about Casey in this - it's such a short clip. If anything, it makes me sad to see that she was once a cute little girl herself, who grew up into an alleged killer, and makes me wonder if her future personality was predetermined and unavoidable, or if she was a product of her environment. And, with the lack of truthfulness of all those who could better explain it, we won't ever know.

I did LOL over Horace Finkelstein's comment though.

Caylee was almost 3. Why is it so harful to them to have little friends to play with at that age?
the ones who dont, theyare the ones on first day of school are the ones screaming and freaking out.
Im not saying on a daily basis but.....she didnt seem to ever be around other children. NONE of Caseys friends had children.

I disagree. I know many kids who didn't go to preschool and weren't on playdates all the time and they turned out fine. Obviously having playmates doesn't mean you'll turn out okay, just look at Casey.

Well, I'm finally glad we are seeing something other than her high school yearbook photo. She almost appeared to be tired, to me, unless someone was running the video in slow motion. Cindy went to alot of trouble to get her ready for that party. Her hair was braided quite nicely, at 5 I don't know if I could have sat still for that. I wonder how long it took CA to bedazzle that jean shirt, tho. Seems that this family was all about appearances, even then.

Horace, your post about the party pics had to be the best post all year.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm leaning toward this being a video taken by the birthday girl or boy's parents and sold by them.

I don't see anything off about Casey in this - it's such a short clip. If anything, it makes me sad to see that she was once a cute little girl herself, who grew up into an alleged killer, and makes me wonder if her future personality was predetermined and unavoidable, or if she was a product of her environment. And, with the lack of truthfulness of all those who could better explain it, we won't ever know.

I did LOL over Horace Finkelstein's comment though.

We look at anything to do with casey now with jaded, biased eyes, I think. In some still shots, her eyes do look like she looks now - kind of scary. But my first impression was that Caylee did look a lot like her, except casey's eyes are closer together, that casey was a cute kid and it made me think about how Caylee would look and be today - a happy little kid enjoying birthday parties, etc.

It also made me wonder how things can go so wrong. casey pretty much looked like any other kid in that very short clip. She had a pretty and sweet smile in the very beginning side profile clip. She moved her mouth and body like Caylee did near the end of the clip.

It's sad. We can't tell much from this. We can't tell if casey was already a sociopathic type. I don't know. Probably had some tendencies but probably if she had not been coddled and spoiled and protected from her own mistakes, maybe there would have been a chance. It's tragic, really.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back