IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way I almost hope it is Lauren...I don't believe she is alive and I am afraid she won't be found at all.
I'm constantly reminded of Mrs. Spierer's words that she and Lauren's father can deal with the truth, no matter how awful, but not knowing is unbearable. So this afternoon I found myself praying for this to be Lauren.

Almost everyone that goes home from IU passes through Indianapolis. IF JR is NOT involved, he is certainly getting a lot of heat... I feel for him if he is NOT involved. There has been ZERO evidence yet most people are suspecting him.

Anyways, part of me thinks the body is not Lauren. However, part of me feels that if the body was NOT Lauren, we would have gotten a heads down by now... Who knows. I'm pretty nervous.

IF it's Lauren, for me it just makes it more obvious that it was a stranger passing through Bloomington.

I think one of the guys would rather dispose of the body on the rural areas near Bloomington or closer to their hometown.

On the first point... absolutely. The closest airport is in Indianapolis for instance.

I agree on both your points... this probably isn't Lauren, and if it was, that points to a stranger. There are too many rural areas near Bloomington to dump it in a relatively urban area.

if the body is Lauren I doubt any of the guys at IU were involved. think about it, all these guys were from out of state. why would they take a body to the state's largest city to dump it? you would think they'd find the nearest cornfield and get back to Bloomington ASAP.

again, if the body is Lauren, it was probably someone who passed by Indy on their way out.

I agree. I wouldn’t be betting that it’s LS. The body was found in Fall Creek in NE Indy. Fall Creek is dammed at Giest only about 5 miles outside the 465 loop around the city. A body would have almost had to have been dumped below the dam. This is much more densely populated than any of the surrounding counties around Bloomington. There is also missing women from the Noblesville area which is much closer NE Indy.

It could be LS but that would a pretty unlikely place to dump “evidence” from the Bloomington area.

My understanding was the confrontation at smallwood was between CR and a group of people.Anyone of which could have been friends with JW.It could be ZO was just the one of the group that threw the punch.

Just catching up from the weekend, so sorry if this was already asked.

Is there a river that runs from bloomington to this creek? Could Lauren's body been disposed in a body of water in Bloomington and its just now resurfacing in this creek getting lodged on debris?

Thought this might be useful since it was being discussed earlier - I am a current member in a sorority traditionally Jewish. That being said, I am NOT Jewish, so it is 100% possible (however, I am unfamiliar with the frat in question, so no comment on the specific frat). I know with many of the sororities at my campus, once you accept your bid, all the girls will "friend" you on facebook. I'm not entirely sure how it works with the frats, but I find it strange that IF the other boys were part of the frat that they would NOT be friends, especially on facebook, where often times you are "friends" with people you hardly know. That being said, it could also lend more belief that JW had no idea what was going on that night if these boys weren't really part of the frat and/or were not facebook friends. If they weren't even friends on facebook and they all have facebook accounts, I have a really hard time accepting that they would have each other's phone numbers to text/call JW to give him a heads up about LS & CR. Of course, JW could have had other friends present at the time...

However, if JR was a part of the frat, I can see him possibly having JW's phone number and him letting him know that LS was there, extremely wasted.

I'm unfamiliar with underground frats in general though. I don't think my campus has any, but I have to assume that they don't have as many pledges simply because they aren't nationally recognized and would probably not having any funding? Am I right in assuming that? I would think that, if true, JW and JR would almost HAVE to be fairly familiar with each other, unless JW didn't participate in the frat after it went underground (which would be a big assumption). I definitely think JR has more knowledge and if JW is at all involved (I personally don't think he is), JR would probably have more information, as he, in my opinion, would be the most likely to notify JW of LS' condition and whereabouts.

The sooner the body is found the better for the investigation because evidence deteriorates. But if I were to bet, I don't think it's her. Like I said, she's got long blond hair and if the body had that, I am thinking we would have had more info by now.
Assuming hair remained in the scalp, and the combination of slippage and the pull of the moving water had not caused it all to be removed, and that any remaining hair was not muddied and matted.

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/forensicmedicine/notes/timedeath.pdf

For all those who find JR's statements and behavior suspect.....When he told HT that he watched LS to the corner and gave her the stumble ultimatum.
1. Do you think this was around 2:30 -3:30 pm on Friday. And that he told her this in response to a question pretty much like this.
"CR said she came to your house. Where did she go? Why did you let her go if she was drunk?"
2. OK, So by 3:30 on Friday do you think JR had contacted his parents/ Voyles?

If JR notified the boyfriend, I very much doubt he would hide that fact from the police. From what I gather, JR and JW were not friends, even if the two were (maybe) in the same fraternity.

Re: JW's connection to the altercation.

Earlier that morning, Spierer and David Rohn, who lives in her building, went to Rosenbaum's, where they gathered with at least four other people. She then went with Rossman to Kilroy's, before returning to her building, Smallwood Plaza. There, Rossman got into a confrontation with a group of students, at least one of them a friend of Wolff. Rossman was punched in the face, his lawyer said. They then went to Rossman's, where his roommate purportedly put him to bed. After that, Spierer went to Rosenbaum's.
BBM

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011107020339

That area of Fall Creek is not that far from Broad Ripple, an area of Indianapolis that would be familiar to most college students.

I went to IU and have never heard of Broad Ripple.

I'm sorry for rehashing the 3:38 am witness issue, but actually I believe this to be a useful piece of information. I've had a hard time believing that from 2:55 am to 4:30 she was walking to and hanging out at the apartments where the POIs are. That is 90 minutes! She dropped Rossman off, maybe used the bathroom, took a peek at JR's apartment (maybe looking for phone) and then was off. So why did they say 4:30 am? My guess was that they actually weren't paying close attention to the time, and sort of asked eachother when they thought LS left. I would take the word of a bartender who was sort of paying attention to when her job would end over some guys who probably weren't too worried about the time. Maybe LS did appear okay and then started to suffer the effects of alcohol poisoning since alcohol can continue to be absorbed from the stomach after someone stops drinking. Or maybe she was really intoxicated but they let her go anyway. I don't know, I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of thing.

So why do the police claim that they don't put too much stock in it? Because they very well may put stock in it but don't want to spook a suspect and they are BSing or they're putting too much stock in camera footage or whatever. I remember in the Annie Le case (Yale) LE actually misled the public on the particular issue of whether Annie was sexually assaulted or not. Most assumed she was, and LE out and said she wasn't, and then at the sentencing it was revealed she was.

The news of the body being discovered was like a kick in the stomach. I can't imagine how her parents feel. Maybe it's way too much to expect that she's alive but I guess there was always a glimmer of hope, albeit small.

Is there a river that runs from bloomington to this creek? Could Lauren's body been disposed in a body of water in Bloomington and its just now resurfacing in this creek getting lodged on debris?

Nope. Most rivers and creeks flow from the NE to the SW in Indiana. Anything dumped in a creek around Bloomington would be heading toward Evansville, Not Indy.

Fall Creek almost flows from NE to SW. That body would have been dumped somewhere below the Geist Dam which is about 5 or 6 miles NE of where it was found.

Well since it at 4:15 am LS supposedly made a phone call from JR's to DR, then JR would have a pretty good idea when she supposedly left. And so there is no way he could be an hour off.

The Fall Creek Watershed is northeast of Indianapolis. There's no way a body dumped in Bloomington could get there.

http://www.fallcreekindiana.com/river_segments/index.htm

Nope. Most rivers and creeks flow from the NE to the SW in Indiana. Anything dumped in a creek around Bloomington would be heading toward Evansville, Not Indy.

Fall Creek almost flows from NE to SW. That body would have been dumped somewhere below the Geist Dam which is about 5 or 6 miles NE of where it was found.

Thanks!

I think the JW-ZO-AB connection was concocted by people theorizing about why ZO would hit CR at Smallwood, but there is not one piece of evidence that points to JW being connected to those two. I posted about this on here last week and said that ZO was never a member of the same fraternity as JW (another rumor running rampant on the message boards). After looking at hundreds of Facebook photos from ZO, AB, and JW's profiles, there isn't one photo of JW with either of them. If they were so chummy, it would seem they would a) at least be friends on Facebook, and b) have some photos together on there.

From all that I have heard about ZO and CR, I think the altercation at Smallwood was drug-related and had nothing to do with LS. Regarding her role in the ZO-CR fight, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time in my opinion.

Wow!..good stuff. These unnamed (less popular) POI's are becoming more and more interesting.

Does anyone know where Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore/Lake Michigan is? That is where Roxanne Shah's vehicle was found in February. Outisde of Michigan city, apparently? I have no idea where any of these places are, have only flown over the midwest :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike