Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
The judicial system needs an overhaul, particularly in the area of jury selection. We obviously have a problem here. Do we need to form professional jurors??? Test, qualify, quantify them prior to serving? I can see where that might cause some problems, but the judicial system needs to better qualify jurors by making sure that they understand the terminology, or request that the courts use 'plain' English in charging the jurors for deliberation. I also think we need to be sure that the jurors can tie their own shoes, walk without walking off a cliff, use a remote to operate their tv's and even perhaps add 1 + 1. George could...just sayin....

I could not agree more.

We need professional jurors looking at these cases!!This would not have happened today if we had PJ

There are no words, just deep heavy rumblings of something amiss in this universe. Caylee, Kyron, Shaniya, Haleigh, and all the other missing children cry for justice. The cry is unheeded. It's open season on the children. More cries will follow since once again the war on women and children triumphs. Watch your backs, ladies. Watch your children, your children's children, the nation's children. Evil comes in legions of packages.

As soon as we know where Casey will go when she is let out, I want to personally pay for her car to be towed there. Hopefully the decomp smell is still in it.

You know what? I'm out.

I cannot sit through another case like this again. Not in the near future, anyway.

I'll be back, I'm sure of it, but for now......I need time to clear my head.

It is my intention to keep myself in check and not express the feelings I feel on this day. I am heartbroken for Caylee and those who have and do love her. I will not feed on this and will simply accept what is our justice system. What else is there to do?
Try to change it. This jury should have been from Orange County and not sequestered. And they should have access to ALL the discovery, everything we here at WS have seen and had three years to digest. Baez and other defense attorneys should not be allowed to deliver the type of baseless, unsupported, slanderous opening he put forth. Judges should let juries have access to most facts relating to case available without so much picking and choosing. And if the defense gets three years, the jury should get three years too. When picking the jury, it should be more like a draft. There should be almost no excuses for avoiding jury services and pick more by lottery and less by trying to rule out jurors who know anything. If it's a jury of KC's peers, they should have been selected from the first 30 people pulled out of a hat from Orange County. Our system systematically eliminates reason. This is such a travesty. I no longer believe we have anything close to a good legal system. We need laws to change it to restore truth and justice, which were sorely missing from this verdict.

I just got a text from my daughter, PORCH LIGHTS ON FOR CAYLEE AT 9PM. I'm turning mine on now. Go to facebook it's from 9pm to 6am your time

We need professional jurors looking at these cases!!This would not have happened today if we had PJ

No no no! Our entire legal system is based around the idea that it is average randomly selected people who sit in judgement, not some special elected or seclect good-old-boy elite.

You want to hand guilt and innocence to "professionals"?! Are you NUTS? Can you not imagine the fraud, the corruption, the pure EVIL -- and with no recourse -- such a system would usher in?

I'm very sad and mad about this.

It's preposterous imo. Sickening. That baby was thrown like trash. At the very least imo, it's child abuse when a parent/guardian doesn't report a two year old missing and carries on for 31 days as if NOTHING is wrong. :(:(:(

mfcmom at 5:56 PM July 5, 2011
I am not surprised. The woman who nearly killed my adopted daughter, severe non accidental brain injuries, liver damage, spinal cord injuries, 7 healing fractures NEVER EVEN GOT CHARGED. Had another baby after! There is NO justice for children. NONE. Am I angry you bet. As I sit changing my 12 year olds diapers, cleaning her feeding tube, trying to fix her wheelchair, (she was Caylees age) the mere thought of this woman walking the streets in sickening. JMO

Report Abuse

This just makes me sick. God Bless Caylee and God Bless the prosecution team. I can't wait to see my 4 year old nephew and give him the buggest hug.

mfcmom at 5:56 PM July 5, 2011
I am not surprised. The woman who nearly killed my adopted daughter, severe non accidental brain injuries, liver damage, spinal cord injuries, 7 healing fractures NEVER EVEN GOT CHARGED. Had another baby after! There is NO justice for children. NONE. Am I angry you bet. As I sit changing my 12 year olds diapers, cleaning her feeding tube, trying to fix her wheelchair, (she was Caylees age) the mere thought of this woman walking the streets in sickening. JMO

Report Abuse

I am so sorry......Many hugs.

The prosecution made a HUUUGE eror in this case. The defense spent three and a half of their four hours in closing talking about and essentially redefining "reasonable doubt."

The prosecution spent all of five minutes rebutting this.

The jury went into deliberation with unanswered questions. That these questions were irrelevant to the LAW does not matter if the prosecution failed to explain to them why. These guys did not bother to weight the evidence at all, we know this from the time they spent in deliberation, and the REASON they did not bother was because they "still had questions."

And as the nice old man and the feisty young defense guy said, if you have any questions, any at all, if the prosecution failed to provide every and anything anyone could possibly ever ask, well that means not guilty.

The prosecution let that nonsense stand.

As the court clerk was reading the verdict, I swear her voice at one point became strained and cracking as the NOT GUILTYs kept coming... did anyone else hear/think/get this?

Today was a sad day for Caylee, indeed.
Rest in Peace Little Angel, so many people tried so hard to bring you justice.

Sick and heartbroken too. Mostly lurked during the trial, but read along here every day and it helps to know we all pretty much feel the same way. Since the verdict was read, I found out some of my friends and family were also disgusted by the outcome of the trial, I had no idea they were following it!

I need to step away from this for awhile and I think the most appropriate thing to do is go spend the rest of the afternoon out in the summer sunshine with my son.

Hugs to everyone.

I honestly don't know where to put this.

I joined WS because of Caylee. And here is a background of Summer Raye...I CANT HAVE KIDS. I am not totally upset about this because I have two four legged kids that keep me crazy as a parent anyway....and my friends and my relatives....they have wonderful kids who will always call me Aunt Laura (oopps...SummerRaye)...

I don't even know what to do...I want those jurors to go home...and work to try and fall asleep with what they didn't do.

I have been aroudn WS for some horrible cases...but Caylee is what brought me to you wonderful people...

I want those jurors to know what they have done to some wonderful people who have fought, researched, posted and held eachother in the fact that a beautiful 3 year old was gone with no answer...

I am going to my bedroom...renting a movie, dirnking some beer cause I can't watch the verdict delivered again. My birthmom and I have watched this whole thing since three years ago...she had to hop a plane today because her mom is having shoulder surgery at 92 years old....she just called as she landed...she couldn't speak.

I love you guys. I really really do.

George didnt call LE when they got car at tow yard.

According to the tow yard employee with George, they BOTH smelled the dead body and knew what it was. Why didn't either one of them call the police right then and not touch the car???

IMO, this and the cop getting away with not really looking when Kronk called the first time are the reasons LDB and JA didn't have what they needed to work with to prove beyond a reasonable doubt guilt of ICA.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8mB9ABuJA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8mB9ABuJA[/ame]

I feel defeated.

I feel like I've lost a member of my own family.

I will never again get this close to a case.

The judicial system let me down.

We're all grieving little Caley. All over again. Every day. Her memory embedded in our hearts and minds. And God help me I'm trying to maintain and remember my own Christian values and I'm having issues with that right now. I'm a parent and here I am grieving for a child that was never mine. God help me because if I was to ever learn what hate felt like?

Now would be that time.

*I gotta go cope now*

Oh I totally disagree with Casey becoming a "celebrity" and people wanting to be seen with her. Come on now she is not Kim Kardashian. She did not just make a *advertiser censored* video. She was accused of murdering her child and even though she was found innocent. In the court of public opinion she will always be guilty and we all know the jury got it wrong. No one will want to be seen with her. Everyone will refer to her as the "Baby killer who got away with murder". The same will be the case with her lawyers. A killer is a killer. All the money in the world can't change that. I DO agree with your "reasonable doubt' part 100%. This jury and many others like it still do not understand what that means. In addition Ashton's behavior did concern me.
As to your other opinions I do have serious reservations about our jury system. I just don't believe the "Average Joe" is qualified to be a juror and emotions and personal opinions get in the way of the FACTS. This is exactly what happened today. Otherwise Casey Anthony wouldn't have gotten away with murder but like with O.J. justice will eventually be served to Ms. Anthony.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. She will become a celebrity and people will flock to be around her. The reason I say this is because I used to work with a girl who eventually became OJ's longtime girlfriend after he was aquitted (she was still with him when he eventually went to prison). I know that when they would come home to visit her family people went nuts to be seen with him.
I never once heard anyone ever say anything negative to him...in fact, they tripped over each other to sit at his table and take pictures with him.
I do believe people will clamor to be near Casey even though we all know she is a "baby killer"...sad but true in this day & age.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member