Defense Team's Horrible Display Celebrating

I agree with Jessie Grund who now on Nancy Grace said "For the defense this case was not about the truth - it was about winning at all costs" - he goes to say how disgusted he is with the defense's champagne party. "Lack of tact" - I totally agree.

JG on NG is pizzed about their celebration. Says obviously ICA was the last to see her, had her in the trunk, and that the trial was no search for the truth and now he'll never know what happened.

They're celebrating the victory of the case, not the death of Caylee.

I thought Cheney Mason was pretty unprofessional in his statement at the press conference. And hypocritical. He made no friends today. Good thing he's close to retirement!

Well, if their explanation of what happens is, indeed, true then they are celebrating the needless waste of many many tax dollars for a trial that was useless in the first place! We wasted peoples time and $$$ because we chose not to divulge this accident 3 years ago. Yay,us! Party time!

***side note-I just got a visual in my head of this commercial that used to play in dallas/fort worth area for a personal injury attorney and this guy is holding a check (I think he was on crutches???) and he pops the check and says "PARTY TIME!" -That is what keeps replaying over and over in my head-seriously.

I work at a law firm, and when we celebrate a verdict with champagne, we do it in the office. We don't do criminal law, but we are sometimes involved in civil cases in which someone was killed or seriously injured, and no matter what side you're on, I can't imagine celebrating a victory in a case like that in public. It's just tone deaf. In a high profile case like this, where the DT knew they would be followed by the media and filmed, I think it's unconscionable to have a public celebration like that. A beautiful little girl is still dead. JMO.

I work at a law firm, and when we celebrate a verdict with champagne, we do it in the office. We don't do criminal law, but we are sometimes involved in civil cases in which someone was killed or seriously injured, and no matter what side you're on, I can't imagine celebrating a victory in a case like that in public. It's just tone deaf. In a high profile case like this, where the DT knew they would be followed by the media and filmed, I think it's unconscionable to have a public celebration like that. A beautiful little girl is still dead. JMO.

I totally agree with you! Celebrating is one thing behind closed doors at your firm. But putting on a riotous display like this in a public place, just steps from the courthouse where this trial was being held, where they KNEW the media could find them and the public could WATCH them frolicking around in there, high five'ing....

SICK!

I worked in a law office at one time and it was done in the office and for civil cases not at the expense of their client's victum. It is beyond tacky. jmo

So Lawyers now never celebrate major victories? I am sure there would be no problem tonight if LDB and her partner won and were drinking tonight.

Please. How tactless to do it in public. Moreover, a baby is dead from probably being suffocated with duct tape and now her murderer is still at large, according to the DT. If the perp was not the babykiller, then does the situation not continue to be grave?

And by the way, why ascribe the very same behaviour to the prosecution as to these classless types? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

I hope someone on the defense team when they take Casey from jail have the brilliant idea to go claim her car instead of buying her a new one. She should have to drive that car.

I worked in a law office at one time and it was done in the office and for civil cases not at the expense of their client's victum. It is beyond tacky. jmo

I worked data entry briefly in the County DAs office right out of college At Christmas they asked us all to the party in the library room and they have a fully stocked liquor supply! I'm sure they did their celebrating in there for trials as well. There was one bar everyone went to on Fridays for happy hour but that was the standard Friday night unwind, not let's celebrate a victory.

Well they did work hard for the past 3 years, the odds against them as well as most of the country. It must be a huge relief, they probably knew how low their chances were. If the verdict was guilty and prosecution went out for drinks, I'm sure everyone would hold this to be true for them, and I doubt this thread would've been made. Just my opinion.

So Lawyers now never celebrate major victories? I am sure there would be no problem tonight if LDB and her partner won and were drinking tonight.

They would have had the good taste to do it behind CLOSED SOLID DOORS IN THEIR OFFICE!!! NOT in front of the cameras.

Well they did work hard for the past 3 years, the odds against them as well as most of the country. It must be a huge relief, they probably knew how low their chances were. If the verdict was guilty and prosecution went out for drinks, I'm sure everyone would hold this to be true for them, and I doubt this thread would've been made. Just my opinion.

No one is begrudging them their victory party - a more "private" party would be more appropriate.

DS's bad behavior started the second she hugged Casey in the courtroom. People were tugging at Casey and Dorothy wouldn't let her go. She was all hunched over her and hugging and holding and crying and patting and sobbing and she didn't do a DARN thing for Casey the entire time she was on the case! What a sickening display. At one point, while still in the courtroom, I swear to God she actually made a motion like a teenager would while screaming "SCORE!" at a hockey game, you know, pulled her arm in and lifted her leg a little. It was beyond ridiculous. And when Barrett first went to hug Casey in court, I swear she said (lip reading here) "I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" and grabbed Casey.

Casey immediately turned into popular party girl. Did you all watch her getting finger printed? She kept turning around to talk to her new friends while the officer was trying to FINGER PRINT HER!!!!!!!!!! FOR GOD'S SAKE!

I'm so sickened. I get why Baez is happy, and frankly he was the most controlled of all of them I thought (sans the gunshooting incident). Mason? I couldn't believe what he said in the press conference. I only wish somebody had queued up his OWN little talking head assessment of the situation from a year before he joined the team.

Michele Medina? God help you, little girl, if you ever have a child and Casey wants to meet her to say what a wonderful mama you are.

Lisbeth, I wish you luck in your career. Starting out by defending a child killer, brilliant start. Really. blah.

I really need to find more synonyms for sick.

Since the state's attorney is a politician and held to take care with taxpayer dollars and the integrity of the office, it is highly unlikely that they would celebrate in this fashion. It would not be becoming of the office.
The part of this that is sadistic is not that they are celebrating a win, it is that they:
-Know they put a killer back on the streets-just as Cheney Mason said to the media before he joined the team, that she is guilty
-Used methodology that goes well beyond their duty (examples are all over this forum) and in fact is a mockery of the intent of a vigorous defense, IMO
-Have the nerve to chatise the media that they are getting ready to use to enrich themselves...oh wait, I think they already started that with the party in front of a big glass window.

BBM
So did the people of the State of Florida, they worked hard to pay or this trial. For no reason.

MOO.

I call "BS" on JB and his phoney, "there's no winner's here" speech! :mad:

Too bad they didn't wait until Thursday night...Casey could be dancing on the tables with some other <mod snip> and they could all "enjoy" her...if you know what I mean.

Sickening!

Since the state's attorney is a politician and held to take care with taxpayer dollars and the integrity of the office, it is highly unlikely that they would celebrate in this fashion. It would not be becoming of the office.
The part of this that is sadistic is not that they are celebrating a win, it is that they:
-Know they put a killer back on the streets-just as Cheney Mason said to the media before he joined the team, that she is guilty
-Used methodology that goes well beyond their duty (examples are all over this forum) and in fact is a mockery of the intent of a vigorous defense, IMO
-Have the nerve to chatise the media that they are getting ready to use to enrich themselves...oh wait, I think they already started that with the party in front of a big glass window.

JJ, I always love your posts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish
Back