LA LA - Barbara Blount, 58, Holden, 2 May 2008

May 3 2021
LPSO looking for answers in 13-year-old cold case
IZJ76B356JEXRHHHPIUT3NUCOM.jpg

Barbara Blount (Source: wafb)

''BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - It has been exactly 13 years, since Barbara Blount vanished from her home in Holden, and now the case has gone cold.

Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office investigators hope that by getting her story back out, it will trigger someone to come forward with information.

They do believe foul play was involved.

Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard says, ‘It’s frustrating. What happened to her? This is one of those cases that sticks with you. I think we all – including the family – just want answers and we don’t intend to stop until we get some.’

Call Crimestoppers of the Sheriff’s Office if you have any information.

Official release from the Sheriff’s Office can be found here. Facebook''

May 3 2021 rbbm.
MISSING FOR 13 YEARS: LPSO still searching for local woman | KTVE - myarklamiss.com

''The Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office is providing all the information they have about this missing persons case.
  • 58-year old Barbara Blount went missing mid-day from her home: 35580 Hwy 1036, Holden
  • The Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office was alerted that evening.
  • Once on scene, we learn:
  • No signs of forced entry.
  • The back door was open.
  • Pots were stacked on her kitchen floor. We know she intended to clean that day.
  • Valuables were left in the residence in plain view. No appearance of a robbery
  • Appears as though someone lured her from her residence. Someone she knew?
  • Torrential rain storm hampered efforts that day & days that followed. Whole area was covered with water.
  • Her vehicle was located approximately a quarter mile north of her residence. It was parked on a hunting club road in a wooded area.
  • It rained so much, water covered the floor board.
  • We canvassed the entire area.
  • We interviewed everyone with a possible connection to Blount.
  • Law enforcement partners – including LSP and FBI – helped us chase every lead.
  • Volunteers helped us search the area.
  • We searched waterways & wooded areas.''

I looked up the address but don’t see a house anywhere was it destroyed after she went missing?

MAY 2, 2022
LPSO continues to seek answers to missing Holden woman’s disappearance 14 years later (wafb.com)
[...]

“It has been 14 years, and we still don’t know what happened to Barbara Blount,” Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard said. “We continue to work with the Blount family and to follow new leads. But, we need your help.”

[...]

The sheriff’s office reports that once on scene, deputies learned that there were no signs of forced entry, and the back door was open. There was no appearance of a robbery with valuables left in the home in plain view.

According to the sheriff’s office, pots were stacked on Blount’s kitchen floor, and they know she intended to clean that day.

The sheriff’s office reports that it appeared as though someone—possibly someone she knew—lured her from her residence.

According to LPSO, a torrential rainstorm hampered their efforts that day and the days that followed with the whole area being covered with water.

Authorities report that Blount’s vehicle was found parked on a hunting club road in a wooded area about a quarter-mile north of her home.

It rained so much that water covered the floorboard, according to the sheriff’s office.

[...]

Sept 12, 2023 article

[…]

But police said within the last few months, they’ve had a new lead on the case.

“We just want to stick to the facts. But I think we’re going to solve it,” Bourgeois said.

[…]

May 2, 2023

1697833002080.png

May 26, 2021

I listened to her story on Woody Overton's podcast years ago. I don't listen to him anymore (that mouth of his) but he did a good job of getting her case out there. I try to keep up with her. It's like the rain washed away all traces of this crime. Who did this to this well-loved lady?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back