2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to blame the judge,HHJP, for this verdict. This mis-carriage
of justice started when he rammed through a jury, without out proper
voir dire. voir dire is an art form, they did not question these jurors
enough and hence they sat a group of people whose collective IQ was
55. Then the judge proceed to push all of the people in this process to the point that the prosection had no time to reflect on the on-going trial.
Prosection needed to re-group right after hb gave his opening, it became a different case at that point.

I voted hung jury because the prosecution seemed to put on half of a case.

lastly, i did not read every last deposition, posted. but i did know more than what was presented, when hb finished his
closing arguments, i was confused. the jurors heads must have been swimming. they never deliberated.

commence tomatoes.

I agree that BP is primarily responsible for this travesty of justice. He approved of some outrageously slanted jurors who were anti death penalty/anti prosecution right from the get go. He allowed JB to perform his clownish antics ad nauseum with complete license. He is a liberal man who hides behind his robe and pretends to be impartial.
This judge was in KC's corner from the get go.
Only consolation for my outrage at this crack jury is the belief that KC's conviction would have been thwarted by other means, mostly at the hands of BP, and despite our best efforts/prayer, she would have gone free no matter what. It helps me to realize that all the love in the world for Caylee and her team of angels was not enough.
We were fighting city hall and then some.

A publicist for the unidentified juror is sending a letter to media outlets, claiming, "Our client -- a married, college-educated, 33-year-old white male with two young children --

And that would be juror #6 "The Chef". Got the info off the jurror info sheet that was posted on WS. Was that his college education "cooking"?

My daughter is a personal chef with almost six years of college and a degree in culinary arts... she isn't just a "cook." That said, I do think that juror #6 is a real low life if he intends to make money off of this tragedy.

My daughter is a personal chef with almost six years of college and a degree in culinary arts... she isn't just a "cook." That said, I do think that juror #6 is a real low life if he intends to make money off of this tragedy.

Dixiecat, I didn't mean to say cooks or chefs don't have educations. I am sorry.

I am just furious right now. This kind of thing makes you wonder did this guy try to get on the jury for this reason. Seems like he may have had the attorney on notice. It is just sick.

Sad that now so many more murdering parents may not confess either after watching KC get off so easy.

Yeah, I thought, "I guess everything she did turned out to work." Simply ignoring the death as long as possible, keeping anyone from even knowing she was missing. Then telling huge whopping lies to police and never once accepting any responsibility. It all worked for her, because the longer it took to find the body, the less physical evidence there was.

In Caylee's name, one of the best things that could come from this terrible mess of injustice, is to raise awareness of mother's killing their children. It happens everyday, yet we live in a world that refuses to believe it. We need harsher punishments for the legal guardians of children that cause their own child's demise. We, as parents, hold the highest responsibility on this earth when we become parents. We are raising our nation's future. We are molding tomorrow's people. We are the ones those innocent babies rely on for their everything. Their very basic needs. Parents that kill deserve the harshest punishment. How can it be so socially unacceptable to raise your voice to your child in public, or threaten a trip to the bathroom, yet we look away when a young pretty mother heinously murders their child?

The bad karma being acquired in this case is huge. Not only from Casey, but her family, the defense team, the jurors. It's endless - all of these people are involved for a reason, I don't believe in coincidence. Everyone is showing their true colors now. There will be a time for them all to pay.

I get the same kind of feeling of fate or destiny or karma associated with this whole case. It's weird, but it's a definite thing. I kept thinking that Casey hooking up with JB was some kind of divine intervention. During the trial I thought it was because he was such a bad lawyer that she would be convicted as a result, and that that was the reason for that intervention. But when the verdict came back "not guilty", I started to feel it was part of a much bigger picture.

However, I know I am only describing "feelings" and none of this is logical or based on any kind of evidence...

I'm still reeling from yesterday, but I need to see the photo's of Caylee's duct taped skull without pixals. I want to see what the jurors didn't see. I'm so flipping mad.

F-Freeing
L-Lying
O-Odious Murderers.
R-Real?
I-Imaginary?
D-Doesn't Matter.
A-Acquit

Yep, this sums up how I feel.

just hearing JA on IS.....saying that the state would be going after her for funds....this is good...he said she may profit one day...but there is alot to pay out....something along those lines.

I'm certain someone else has already done this, but I would like to pause for a moment and offer huge Thanks to our Admin and Mods and all those behind the scenes who worked so doggedly to keep WS up when the verdict was announced and all the WS members were simultaneously trying to post while eleventy billion guests were viewing the pages. It must have been a nightmare for them. I've never seen anything like it. Frankly, I believe it is only because of them that WS survived the night.

So, on behalf of myself and all my WebSleuthing peeps, to our wonderful Intrepid Leaders,
THANK YOU!

:takeabow::yourock::tyou::loveyou:​

I think HHJP was very pleased with the verdict. He did what he could to help JB. And, of course, his good friend, golfing buddy, CM. Sure would like to know why he had such disdain for JA. He sure let the jury know he didn't like him very much.....and, since he basically hand picked the jury....they responded to him as planned.

Justice system? Really? Justice for whom?? The defense attys.??

Amster you have a right to your opinion. But I've done allot of reading on Judge Perry. I have to say that Judge Perry is an advocate for a fair trial. Do I believe that perhaps we rushed too much in the jury selection? Yes. But it wasn't in my opinion because Judge Perry one of the most highly respected Judge's in this area wanted to fix the trial. Trying to find jurors was impossible in this trial who didn't admit to knowledge in this case. Had that lady not shouted out in the middle of jury selection we might have had a totally different panel. How many had to be dismissed 12-15?

Judge Perry is not someone I'd want to face in his court as a defendant. He is a fierce champion of justice, proper punishment and not afraid to hand out the death penalty and has consistently.

I think Judge Perry is hurting very much today but accepts the verdict as he must. I think he also respects the process and I believe the jurors did not listen to his direction about the law.

Judge Perry was strict with two people who acted out in court. I believe he has a respect for JA but is frustrated with a very brilliant attorney losing his temper. I believe he has less respect for JB but had to at all costs protect Casey's rights to a fair trial.

For that I respect the man. He has to be impartial and he has to make decisions that will not be overturned by higher courts.

I think HHJP was very pleased with the verdict. He did what he could to help JB. And, of course, his good friend, golfing buddy, CM. Sure would like to know why he had such disdain for JA. He sure let the jury know he didn't like him very much.....and, since he basically hand picked the jury....they responded to him as planned.

Justice system? Really? Justice for whom?? The defense attys.??

Before 2:00pm yesterday everyone loved JP. He may have helped "fix" the case or his bff the defense team? Seriously? He certainly has had no love lost for Baez. I never noticed disdain for JA; was that commented here? By the end he was annoyed with the whole circus and he got mad at both JB and JA over the back talk in closing. If I had to name any of the lawyers he seemed to have to have an active dislike for it would be Jose which was reasonable after the defense theatrics.

I wasn't aware they were "golfing buddies" but given CM has been around forever and a day, they seemed to know each other.

I understand everyone is really emotional about this and we need to blame someone but I just think even hinting that things like jury misconduct, judicial misconduct or the defense somehow buying a win is a not only not helpful but a really bad road to go down.

I don't know if anyone else is feeling this. My phone isn't tweeting, I have blocked my news feeds. I feel very alone and quiet today. No granddaughter today. Just me and my thoughts. Just kind of wandering around aimlessly today.

After Casey is released I hope every where she goes that when she walks down a sidewalk that instead of people starring at her they just simply turn their back to her, when she walks up to a register to pay for something the cashier says sorry this register is closed, when she orders food at a resturant she gets her food spit in, when she appears on national tv nobody watchs(I know I wont), etc etc etc, because she wants the celebrity and the public is the ones that can either give it to her or take it from her. If we refuse to buy the books, watch the tv shows, watch the movies, shun her in the streets, then she will not have the celebrity. If she obtains it by us giving her these things that she craves then we have nobody to blame but ourselves in the end.

I am so mad today. I can't stop thinking of the children that are dead! Children that could have been saved but weren't b/c of KC lies!

I want to do something but I can't do anything.

Ah the IRS is already after KC. Good. I hope she gets stripped of all of her blood money.

I caught JA say there is a secret tunnel to the public defenders office. I wonder where they will release her into society?

After Casey is released I hope every where she goes that when she walks down a sidewalk that instead of people starring at her they just simply turn their back to her, when she walks up to a register to pay for something the cashier says sorry this register is closed, when she orders food at a resturant she gets her food spit in, when she appears on national tv nobody watchs(I know I wont), etc etc etc, because she wants the celebrity and the public is the ones that can either give it to her or take it from her. If we refuse to buy the books, watch the tv shows, watch the movies, shun her in the streets, then she will not have the celebrity. If she obtains it by us giving her these things that she craves then we have nobody to blame but ourselves in the end.

BBM

I love how you put that! VWS.

I don't know if anyone else is feeling this. My phone isn't tweeting, I have blocked my news feeds. I feel very alone and quiet today. No granddaughter today. Just me and my thoughts. Just kind of wandering around aimlessly today.

Gelfie, Find your happy place and stay there until, your Granddaughter in her own wonderfully way, turns your life back into her Happy Place. CA has only memories, and very sad ones I would think.

I'm certain someone else has already done this, but I would like to pause for a moment and offer huge Thanks to our Admin and Mods and all those behind the scenes who worked so doggedly to keep WS up when the verdict was announced and all the WS members were simultaneously trying to post while eleventy billion guests were viewing the pages. It must have been a nightmare for them. I've never seen anything like it. Frankly, I believe it is only because of them that WS survived the night.

So, on behalf of myself and all my WebSleuthing peeps, to our wonderful Intrepid Leaders,
THANK YOU!

:takeabow::yourock::tyou::loveyou:​

I agree and worth repeating!

Please everyone cut our mods some slack, give 'em a break and READ:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143552"]Please pay attention to this post! OPENING NEW THREADS! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It's difficult as human beings, accepting this verdict. We want justice, we want someone to pay for Caylees untimely death. We know that no child should be thrown away like trash, or even wrapped up like a "pet" and disposed of.

But now no one will take responsibility. Even if by some crazy chance it was George, he won't go to jail either. All the players in this sad story will walk away, and we will never see justice served. Thats a tough pill to swallow.

I hope that Karma is listening.

Does anyone remember why Mark Nejame resigned as George and Cindy's lawyer? He was representing them when this whole mess started in 08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903