2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back up the boat....

The DT can not state they knew the body was there is August!!

Wouldn't that be a crime of hiding a corpse in an investigation?

Client attorney privilege doesn't include hiding a crime in progress
I don't think he is saying he knew. Just that he believes it was there and he believes Kronk really did come across it then. He seems to be blaming the deputy for all of this instead of Casey and her lies.

If this is true then CM should get a bill from LE.

Mr. Mason <modsnip>

So, he's FURIOUS with the OCSD for not finding that body in August? Perhaps YOUR <modsnip> CLIENT should have TOLD them where she was in the first place, given this was just an accident and all...

Spare me. :snooty:

I'm not trying to argue so I won't quote a post but I believe we the public have a right to know if anything improper went on behind the scenes with this jury.

I wish no harm to anyone involved in this case. I do not believe in violence. I do believe in our laws. If the laws we have in this age of the internet and 24/7 media are not working, we the public have a right to work (and vote) for change.

Of course the defense hired at least one jury consultant:

http://www.khou.com/news/Houston-Attorney-Helped-Pick-Casey-Anthony-Jury-125055339.html

&#8220;The defense team was trying to monitor all the online comments. It was virtually impossible to do that. There were so many,&#8221; attorney Karen Hurwitz said.

But while America's opinion is interesting, what the jury thinks is crucial.

Hurwitz, a legal and behavioral consultant, helped picked Anthony's jury. She advised against selecting someone like Anthony.

&#8220;If somebody has young children it's a lot harder to participate in a trial like this, just because you're thinking about your child,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I did work on the Andrea Yates trial and we had the same issue there.&#8221; "

...and YOU know they were reading US here...some of that closing argument by Baez used our words against the SA.

Oh my Gosh you guys - I can not keep up with you at all! We mods are getting mighty tired. We love you all but you need to help us out here.

NO MORE BASHING - NOT OF THE JURY, ICA, ANY OF THE ANTHONYS, THE DEFENSE, EACH OTHER, ETC. ETC. ETC.

Please - think before you post and do not hit post if you are bashing anyone or anything.

Please - have mercy on us mods!

Salem

Back up the boat....

I think he meant he "now" believes the body was there and RK saw it in August, not the the DT knew it was there in August. IMO

Well, it's from Wiki so I dunno how accurate this is but here's a list of corporations owned by Disney:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney"]List of assets owned by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I dunno why the link shows up like it does??? So sorry. Google it if you can't access it, thanks.

Okay, will someone tell me why everyone is so mad at Disney? Is it the $200k ABC gave to ICA? Or because Juror #3 and her family went there?:waitasec:

Or both?
Disney owns ABC, which offered money to the story from the juror.

Disney rules down here. I don't think they'd care. :(

We have an unsolved case of a Disney cruise ship employee here on WS. Rebecca Corian (???..my memory isn't what it used to be). The hush-hush was put on that REAL quick.

I don't think he is saying he knew. Just that he believes it was there and he believes Kronk really did come across it then. He seems to be blaming the deputy for all of this instead of Casey and her lies.

Thank you for the clarification.

If I recall correctly the deputy lost his job over the fact (reported on news)

whereas everyone else goes free

OH I just love this! Sorry I'm behind.... TRYING to clean house and just checking in here on breaks...but... it was so worth bumping up anyway :)

God doesn't teach Vengeance. He teaches Forgiveness.

Disney owns ABC, which offered money to the story from the juror.

Is there a link for this info? I've missed the story and I would really like to see it.

And thank you for the explanation on why everyone is so upset with Disney.

Salem

Jean Casarez was talking about the interview she did with him that will be aired on In Session tomorrow. He thinks Kronk did come across the body in August and blames the deputy for all of this for not going back there to check it out.

I thought the trial was a search for the truth? If this is the case he and his team should be in trouble for putting the load of BS in the jury's minds. Seems like whoever can tell the best lies in court wins. Too bad the state had to stick with the truth and facts as they knew them. :maddening:

I understand people have to have defense lawyers, but they shouldn't be able to lie.

Last one for the night...(it's 9:21 pm here)....

More commentary on the different reactions between mothers who murder and mothers whose children die as a result of a neglectful action. Sadly, Karen Murphy will probably do a lot more time than Casey ever will: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-with-murder/2011/07/07/gIQAPLa81H_story.html

"But Karen Murphy reacted a bit differently to the horror of her child&#8217;s death. Neighbors said they could hear her screams throughout the Bristow neighborhood when she discovered Ryan&#8217;s body in the back of the car.

She is in a living hell right now. "

Back up the boat....

My take is that alot of this is being taken out of context. IMO what he is saying is if you would have thoroughly searched there you would have your answers whether she was there or not and if applicable maybe whether it was an accident or murder. So much being put out here on TV, online, and on this board is out of context. JMOO

I agree with the media lawyer. The public, especially the community has the need (and right, imo) to ask the jurors why/how.

I don't agree. As angry as I am with these jurors, they DIDN'T have a choice and if their names are released they are in danger, if only of having their houses and cars vandalized. People will do this.

If I am called to be on a high-profile jury, I will flatly refuse unless the court can guarantee my name will never be released unless I want it to be.

Something very strange has gone on. Strange things have been going on since the start of this trial. I don't know why. I can bet that Cindy is coming out with an all out "shocker" of a book. She is counting on folks like us to buy it but we won't. We should not!!!!!!

:maddening:

BBM: I agree !

"STRANGE THINGS" started on JUNE 15, 2008 Father's Day -- the "FIGHT" between ICA and Cindy -- something we will probably NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ...

"STRANGE THINGS" continued for 31 Days ... and many things happened that we do know about ... many things happened that we may NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ...

"STRANGE THINGS" happened on July 15, 2008 when the A's went into "cover-up mode" for ICA ... decomp smell and cleaned the car ... 9-1-1 call ...

"STRANGE THINGS" continued for 3 LONG YEARS, up through the time of the Trial, including Jury Selection and NOW, this UNBELIEVABLE VERDICT !!!

It is NOT surprising that "something strange" happened with respect to the Jury !

And whatever happened -- needs to be investigated immediately !

The "public" has a right to know and DEMAND ANSWERS because the "murderess" of Caylee is about to be released !

:maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member