2011.07.11 HLN & FOX News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? If I was on a jury and if indeed what we are hearing now is that some or many of the jurors believed she was guilty, I know I would have been handing the Court Officer a note asking that the Judge give us jury instruction again. Why oh why did no one ask one question?

I think Nancy needs to stop saying Casey dropped off the body and put her head down yards away to sleep. After the 17th she never slept there again, so why Nancy does not know the facts by now baffles me when she should be more careful with the threats of lawsuits perhaps looming, imo

Dr.Drew thought the prosecutors got into brainwashing thing themselves re: duct tape --- hello!
Sorry, Dr. Drew means well but I never realized how naive he is Mark saying Jurors opinions never changed ---hello!

Was this the guy who said the jury had to "follow the letter of the law"? I wish someone would ask him what letter he thinks that is. I also wish someone would point out to these jurors that a) yes, you were supposed to "connect the dots"; b) the State does NOT have to prove HOW or WHY; c) the difference between "reasonable doubt" and "beyond the shadow of a doubt".
This guy said that because the state didn't prove HOW Caylee died, they didn't meet the burden of proof. I wonder how they feel now, knowing that they completely misunderstood the meaning of "burden of proof". Maybe they don't know. Maybe that should be pointed out too.

Completely agree with your 'a, b, c' comments. There's a thread here somewhere discussing the idea of 'professional' jurors and other ideas regarding the need (or not) for juror reform (or words to that effect). While for many reasons, I'm not in favor of the idea of professional jurors, your delineation of those 3 points above certainly adds to the argument in favor of juror education. I still believe in the random juror pool, and I generally believe in the jury selection process as a whole. But should it stop there? Perhaps we should be somehow MAKING SURE that the final, chosen jury for each and every case, completely understands points such as exactly those that you mention. I'm unsure where in the trial process this education would be best accomplished (pre-trial opening, or pre-deliberation?) but I do think it needs to be done.

Okay, this should probably have gone on that jury thread I mentioned. If a moderator wishes to move it, please do! :)

You know what? If I was on a jury and if indeed what we are hearing now is that some or many of the jurors believed she was guilty, I know I would have been handing the Court Officer a note asking that the Judge give us jury instruction again. Why oh why did no one ask one question?

It is really a shame not one spoke up!!

I think Nancy needs to stop saying Casey dropped off the body and put her head down yards away to sleep. After the 17th she never slept there again, so why Nancy does not know the facts by now baffles me when she should be more careful with the threats of lawsuits perhaps looming, imo

Nancy won't be sued and I applaud her for continually standing up for Caylee - defense didn't, they just wanted to win and get their client off. CA and GA and LA didn't, they just didn't want Casey put to death. MOO and I stand by it

I don't think anyone on this jury wanted anyone to think they were incapable of understanding the instructions to the "letter". Mr. Foreman talks as if he understood the "letter of the law" perfectly. JF, in "bio" said she likes to be perceived as "intelligent". There you have it!

I too, have performed this civic duty (didn't want to at first, but it turned out to be an incredibly interesting experience that I have never regretted), and that's exactly what we did. In fact, we asked several additional questions, all via note-to-Judge. I'm so with you on this point.

What a shame this jury didn't do the same. But I suspect they didn't even realize that they didn't understand what they seem to not have understood.

I know everyone is very upset about the Casey Anthony verdict…but can we get one thing straight? Fox did NOT pay him for an interview. In peoples’ upsets, they can start making stuff up or even peddling false rumors….

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...der/gretawire+(Gretawire)&utm_content=Twitter

The thing is, there are many clever ways of getting around that pesky little problem. My guess is he is being well-compensated in some manner.

The more these jurors talk, the less sense it makes to me. They had lesser included charges. The state does not have to prove cause of death. The doubt has to be reasonable. So what are they talking about?

I honestly thought it was because they thought George did it .... looks like I was wrong.
What they are saying makes no sense at all!!

nothing this case is over as sad as that is!

I haven't heard a fat lady sing yet.. the trial may be over, but now it's in KARMAs hands..

and these jurors just need to STOP talking... they are not doing themselves any favors by "stating what the law is"

the more i hear about jury statements the more i think the verdict should be overturned by the supreme court for jury misconduct. GA was not on trial. no evidence supported he was present for the death or coverup. he was not tied to the car. the jury decided there was not enough evidence to convict casey but had the gall to thinkg GA did "something" with no proof!! the verdict should be illegal based on how they came to the decision.
i think when baez declared this crap in OS a mistrial should have been granted when he presented no proof. this is an outrage. im sorry but these jury statements should be transcribed and sent to the courts with litigation precedings

Nancy won't be sued... MOO and I stand by it

Technically NG could be sued here. The reality is no lawyer in the country would take her case against NG. The most vile villain of our times, against the mass media machine talking heads head ring leader? No you are correct, it will never happen. But it would be a great court show.

as other things. This is what a journalism professor said about it:

Well, it’s becoming distressingly common for media outlets, and not just tabloids, to pay for exclusive interviews. They may disguise payment as licensing fees or expenses or cost for photos or home videos, but the intent is clear, to get a scoop talking

Anyway, iI have no clue what if anything was paid. I think the interview was on a balcony at a hotel though. I'm sure he was put up there and who knows for how long and whether it was just for him.

So she says. Why am I having a hard time believing this?

the more i hear about jury statements the more i think the verdict should be overturned by the supreme court for jury misconduct. GA was not on trial. no evidence supported he was present for the death or coverup. he was not tied to the car. the jury decdied there was not enough evidence to convict casey but had the gall to thinkg GA did "something" with no proof!! the verdict should be illegal based on how they came to the decision.
i think when baez declared this crap in OS a mistrial should ahve been granted when he presented no proof. this is an outrage. im sorry but these jury statements should be transcribed and sent to the courts with litigation precedings

Oh how I wish..........

Once again, GREAT minds think alike! :)

Does anyone know why she gave up working on shedding light on cases?

I think she got too busy hanging out with her bff Sarah Palin.

Sorry, I went off topic! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member