Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

I swear to god, the feds really need to step in on this one, our justice system looks like a freakin joke

OK, DT, this comes across as if Casey, after having p..d all over her little daughter´s grave, now wants to take a d..p too.
Go away!

She was not held though for the lying conviction all those years. She was held for the murder charges with no bail.

She was only held a few days since the not guilty verdict.

She was also serving time for the fraud charges.

I almost hate to use this analagy, but this girl is really shooting herself in the head. Wow, lets just get the masses more angry..... Give someone enough rope.... I see nothing good coming down the line for this gal, and she is utterly clueless what is in store for her out here. She has no idea, she's in complete denial - coocoo for coco puffs.... this is going to be one fun-filled public meltdown to witness. She's going to listen to her lawyers for about a week or two.....

Bet my bottom dollar that is why all the shrinks have been visiting her.

Jose wants it on record she is not nutty and he is not taking advantage of a crazy person.

She has to be nutty after doing 3 years in solitary. LOL

Is there a link anywhere to the actual Notice of Appeal. I mean the document so we can read it? That would help determine what is going on.

I thought that's what mombomb posted, but I can't get to them (see my prior post) :(

She was not held though for the lying conviction all those years. She was held for the murder charges with no bail.

Thanks Dr. F
that makes me feel a li'l better.
So they can't argue that she served too much time.
Well I guess they can still keep delaying.

What I want to know is:

If the appeal is denied, is that the end?
or can they go to a higher court?

@OsCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News #CaseyAnthony affidavit for indigence/insolvency. she is "utterly unable to pay the charges..." http://scr.bi/nOD2Ug

So does this mean the JAC has to pay for her appeal too? I would hope she would get a public defender this time! And how is she paying for her civil attorney if she is so indigent?

I'm trying to look on the bright side---she'll have to appear for the appeal, right?
There goes her plans to change her identity and move out of state?

IMO they are appealing on her not having been read her rights before being interviewed. Just a guess though.

Um - the lying to the cops charges were misdemeanors if she's appealing felony convictions, she appealing her check fraud convictions (hello Amy)

Which is it?

I believe what she is appealing is the number of convictions of lying to LE. Remember, during sentencing either Mason or Baez was trying to say all the lies stemmed from one event, therefore, there should only be one conviction. HHJP didn't take them up on that offer....

KC had 30 days to appeal the check fraud conviction, which she did not... so that's a done deal now. No going back.

JMHO

She was also doing time for the check charges.

I'm trying to look on the bright side---she'll have to appear for the appeal, right?
There goes her plans to change her identity and move out of state?

Once Casey is out the door of the jail, she will be gone. Out of the jurisdiction's reach in no time. And the only thing as a penalty Casey will have to live with is not coming back to Orange County. And Casey will have to stay out of any Florida court. Which means Casey will have to leave the State. AND SHE WILL BE LEAVING LAUGHING! Count on it.

I believe what she is appealing is the number of convictions of lying to LE. Remember, during trial, either Mason or Baez was trying to say all the lies stemmed from one event, therefore, there should only be one conviction. HHJP didn't take them up on that offer....

KC had 30 days to appeal the check fraud conviction, which she did not... so that's a done deal now. No going back.

JMHO
IIRC she pled guilty on the check fraud, so I don't know if you can appeal once you plead guilty.

@OsCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News #CaseyAnthony affidavit for indigence/insolvency. she is "utterly unable to pay the charges..." http://scr.bi/nOD2Ug

So does this mean the JAC has to pay for her appeal too? I would hope she would get a public defender this time! And how is she paying for her civil attorney if she is so indigent?

According to Mike Galanos, Cheney Mason has gone on record stating that thousands of dollars have poured in from people wanting to help ICA. Oopsie. I would hope that these funds would have to be exhausted before the State steps up - again. But who knows?

I think we're pretty clear that she is appealing the 4 counts of lying to police.
This can get dragged out for a long time, right? If the District Court of Appeals denies it then she can keep going to higher Courts, and keep going.
How will this work? (If it keeps being denied)

IIRC she pled guilty on the check fraud, so I don't know if you can appeal once you plead guilty.

She can not appeal the check charges, she already plead out on those.

I thought that's what mombomb posted, but I can't get to them (see my prior post) :(

Oh no, that is just the Court website. One of the media stations will have to go request a copy in order to put it up for everyone to see. The documents do not show up on the Court website, just dates and titles of the action filed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back