TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you Bean . I am presribed a muscle relaxer that my doctors expect me to take 5 x a day . There's no way .
I might take 3 a week if that . I also fill mine because I MIGHT need them LOL .
I have others to ...I fill so they are on hand but only take on an as needed basis .

Just so hard to believe that they is nothing to go on in this case ..there has to be a clue somewhere . I hope they keep having fresh eyes look over the reports

Thanks for the "backup" EllaMae....I appreciate your additional wisdom with regard to Adult ADD and ADHD. It seems as though people had their own ideas about this and it is nice to see an another professional opinion in addition to mine. I was hoping MELODIE would chime in as well, as she is a long time RN and I am sure would have additional :twocents: to throw in with us. I posted a great deal of Adult DD and ADHD LINKS for all those who care to do their own research on this. I suggest that it is a good read and might explain other concerns that have been discussed with regard to Gail's mental status...as there are two sides to every coin. Once again, Thank you for your additional :twocents:...I appreciate it !:rocker:

You are most welcome. :smile:

This case saddens me greatly, because there are 2 young children left without their mother. I really fear for Gail now that so much time has passed.

I'm so glad you're here! Can you possibly tell me if my understanding is correct or not?

My understanding is that adult females have the lowest rate of diagnosis among all groups, and that among adult females, women around middle age have the lower diagnosis rate as compared to women around college age/young adult and women who are older, say 60+.

Thank you!

Not Ella and I don't have any statistics handy but I'll tell you what we see at my place of employment. We deal with, among other things, diagnosing ADHD and ADD in previously undiagnosed adults. Most of the patients with concerns about ADHD are young adults and men and women are almost evenly represented.

There are hardly ever any middle aged women seeking an ADHD diagnosis. Middle aged men come in a little more often seeking a diagnosis but that's rare too. I don't remember anybody over 60 from either sex presenting with a diagnosis or a suspicion of ADHD. That is not to say they don't have it, just that they are not diagnosed with it. Sometimes the suspicion of previous ADHD does arise when taking the history of middle aged and older people who presented for reasons other than diagnosing ADHD but it may be difficult to diagnose definitively. One of the diagnostic criteria is that the symptoms started in childhood and the older people get the more difficult it is to get a reliable account of what their symptoms were like as a child, relying on very distant memory. There are no longer any teachers and parents to interview, the client's own memory may be fuzzy, they have had a vast variety of life experiences that also may affect attention etc.

Not Ella and I don't have any statistics handy but I'll tell you what we see at my place of employment. We deal with, among other things, diagnosing ADHD and ADD in previously undiagnosed adults. Most of the patients with concerns about ADHD are young adults and men and women are almost evenly represented.

There are hardly ever any middle aged women seeking an ADHD diagnosis. Middle aged men come in a little more often seeking a diagnosis but that's rare too. I don't remember anybody over 60 from either sex presenting with a diagnosis or a suspicion of ADHD. That is not to say they don't have it, just that they are not diagnosed with it. Sometimes the suspicion of previous ADHD does arise when taking the history of middle aged and older people who presented for reasons other than diagnosing ADHD but it may be difficult to diagnose definitively. One of the diagnostic criteria is that the symptoms started in childhood and the older people get the more difficult it is to get a reliable account of what their symptoms were like as a child, relying on very distant memory. There are no longer any teachers and parents to interview, the client's own memory may be fuzzy, they have had a vast variety of life experiences that also may affect attention etc.

Donjeta! So good to see you! :grouphug:

Thank you so much for the info.

ETA: Oh Lord. I just noticed in my post about women over 60. I sure didn't mean I thought women over 60 were diagnosed more frequently. Ugh.

Speaking of a polygraph, wonder IF MP has taken one... I would think IF I were not involved in anyway with my spouse's disappearance I would have taken one immediately IF not sooner to clear my name with LE...And yes, I do realize they are not admissable in a court of law..JMHO

It sure would help him with the court of public opinion, which seems to get hotter every day. Would also re-direct efforts in a more productive direction I would think, if he passed it. I wonder why he hasn't done that?

I think it's interesting how many of us, just within a page or so, have told of getting prescriptions filled on a "just in case" basis. I'd be in that group as well. It just gives a feeling of security to have some things on hand. Also common to take less than the recommended or allowable dosages for a variety of reasons.

Just an idea....I've never set up a poll, but I've seen it done on here. What do you think of setting one up to see how many of us are in that category? I think it could be interesting.

It sure would help him with the court of public opinion, which seems to get hotter every day. Would also re-direct efforts in a more productive direction I would think, if he passed it. I wonder why he hasn't done that?

Has LE asked him to take a LDT? I know in Hailey Dunn's case, her father, who was cleared early on, asked from the beginning, multiple times, to take a poly, and it was ages until LE finally agreed and gave him one.

As an aside, that poly hasn't helped Clint at all with public opinion. People still trash him six ways to Sunday. It's become a sport in missing person cases - bash the family members.

Looking at this function more closely has got me wondering something else.

http://www.trafficland.com/city/CHA/camera/6616/index.html

Does anyone know what apps may have been downloaded on Gail's phone? Also- the 'new' phones that the children have... what type of 'old' phones did they have? Did they have them with them on the trip to and from the lake house?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Trying to figure out what other signals may have been picked up along several different routes of travel.

Looking at this function more closely has got me wondering something else.

http://www.trafficland.com/city/CHA/camera/6616/index.html

Does anyone know what apps may have been downloaded on Gail's phone? Also- the 'new' phones that the children have... what type of 'old' phones did they have? Did they have them with them on the trip to and from the lake house?
Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Trying to figure out what other signals may have been picked up along several different routes of travel.

Oriah, I don't know IF the children had their old phones with them on the trip to and from the lake but I do know my granddaughter's phone goes with her everywhere she goes... even to the bathroom.
I am wondering WHY he went out on Sunday May 1st and purchased new phones for the children though. What was he hoping to accomplish by this action?

Well let's see....................IF the children's phones disappeared and then his phone disappeared...............................

I have a wild imagination.

:maddening:
fran

Oriah, I don't know IF the children had their old phones with them on the trip to and from the lake but I do know my granddaughter's phone goes with her everywhere she goes... even to the bathroom.
I am wondering WHY he went out on Sunday May 1st and purchased new phones for the children though. What was he hoping to accomplish by this action?

That easy to answer. He didn't want Gail to be able to contact the kids. He probably had their phone numbers changed just to make sure of it, but I'm sure the kids knew their mother's phone number. But he made sure AD, and Gail's family didn't have their phone numbers.

That easy to answer. He didn't want Gail to be able to contact the kids. He probably had their phone numbers changed just to make sure of it, but I'm sure the kids knew their mother's phone number. But he made sure AD, and Gail's family didn't have their phone numbers.

Thank you... Right now I'm thinking he knew D well Gail wouldn't be calling and also knew IF the children attempted to call their mother she wouldn't be answering.. So in all reality he bought the children new phones so members of Gail's family, other friends and AD could not contact the children....
Piece of work this guy is...JMHO..

ETA..I also suspect there are other more nefarious reasons as well..

Thank you... Right now I'm thinking he knew D well Gail wouldn't be calling and also knew IF the children attempted to call their mother she wouldn't be answering.. So in all reality he bought the children new phones so members of Gail's family, other friends and AD could not contact the children....
Piece of work this guy is...JMHO..

ETA..I also suspect there are other more nefarious reasons as well..

One of my first thoughts about this was also- Consolation Prize.

Interesting that the VERY DAY he was forced to report Gail missing, because of the urging of her family, also the same day as the LAST PING of G's phone, is the day he purchased new phones for his entire family. :rolleyes:

Now there's NO WAY LE can check for the text messages on those phones. LE could still get the phone records from the issuing company, providing they're give the correct carrier info. But the texts MAY be embedded on the phone permanently and SOMEONE may not have known how to erase the phone memory, as they DID the computer files.

Just sayin'
fran

Gotta love rumors.

Sheesh! lol

Wasn't it established by someone verified (Sluethy1...help me here) that the son's number was not changed (taking the wind out of a lot of speculation here), just a new phone, and on Sunday the 1st, not Monday the 2nd when there was a last cell ping from GP's? Their daughter just got a new phone with a new number, probably at that age she didn't want to feel left out and could also be located so he knew where the children were at all times, I can't fault him for that.

Gail was know by AD to have Sprint - Sprint family locator is great. I track everyone on my account (kids) just to relieve my own parental concern if they don't answer for any reason (although they call me right back), we live in a different world now, not like when I grew up.

They could have had that service ($5 mo), and used sprint locator on any family member, or to just find a lost phone, which has been handy for that too. GP knew she was (or being) located (tracked), but Sprint locator does periodically send a text message to the phone that the phone can be located to stay within the laws. It tracks via GPS and google maps (depending on the service) to a few yards, it's super accurate.

IMHO all these speculations and rumors can be resolved with common sense or facts we already know. I hope we can move towards a productive conversation on where Gail may be.

Last but not least, but understanding this is a frustrating case, I hope everyone can take a breath before reacting to posts and not seem so aggravated with posters. I believe we all want Gail to come home, but doesn't anyone notice many good sluether's have left the board over cat fights among the poster's when everyone should certainly be doing their best to be more civil to one another. FWIW.. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637