UK UK - Leah Daley 24, believed to have been at Folkestone harbour, 5 May 2024

Moonstrawbs

Reaction score
Police want to track down a missing woman who may have visited a town’s harbour this weekend.
The public has been urged to help find Leah Daley, last seen at The Warren in Folkestone at about 7pm on Sunday

Leah Daley was reported missing from Folkestone. Picture: Kent Police

Leah Daley was reported missing from Folkestone. Picture: Kent Police
The 24-year-old is about 5ft 4ins tall with brown shoulder-length hair and blue eyes.
A police spokesman said: “It is thought that she may have attended the Folkestone harbour area over the bank holiday weekend.”

ld-latest2.jpg

A CCTV image has been released of a missing woman from Folkestone in the hope it might encourage anyone who has not yet spoken to police to come forward. Leah Daley was last seen at The Warren at around 7pm on Sunday 5 May 2024. A new CCTV image of Leah in the town centre earlier that day shows what she was wearing at the time. The image – captured in Tontine Street at 3.35pm on 5 May – shows Leah in a dark coloured ‘Parka’ style coat, patterned leggings, 'Converse' style trainers and carrying a black sports backpack, with her hair pinned up in a bun.

It's very disturbing, and there's little information so far.
There has been a facebook page set up for the search, see link below. Very little information todate or any personal info about her, or any statements saying she is vunerable, which makes it all the more worrysome if it's out of character, unless of course family and friends quite rightly wish to keep this information private. Log into Facebook

JMO but I know someone who is friends with her family, that is what led to me posting about Leah. I've been told it is completely out of character for her and so far the police are stumped and claiming to have no leads. They're looking at many possibilities at present, whether she's been in an accident, fell into water or been kidnapped. Unfortunately hardly any media or attention is on this case so cannot post relevant links to back this up. AMHO.

JMO but I know someone who is friends with her family, that is what led to me posting about Leah. I've been told it is completely out of character for her and so far the police are stumped and claiming to have no leads. They're looking at many possibilities at present, whether she's been in an accident, fell into water or been kidnapped. Unfortunately hardly any media or attention is on this case so cannot post relevant links to back this up. AMHO.
I really hope there is some positive news soon for all concerned. It's very quite an only gaining traction in the national press as of yesterday I think.

Leah's family have released this statement:

Our youngest Leah went missing nine days ago on Sunday, May 5, and has not been found. For Leah not to have returned home without notifying the family, or any of her friends, is totally out of character. Since her disappearance we continue to work alongside the police but have had no significant updates. A lover and frequent walker of The Warren since childhood, Leah is familiar with the routes and surrounding areas. Extensive searches of sea and land have shown no trace of Leah. No additional information, sightings, CCTV or personal items have been recovered since the busy bank holiday Sunday densely populated with campers, large groups, fishermen, and dog walkers when she went missing. People do not just vanish. Please come forward and contact the police if you have any information. No piece of information is too insignificant. Please refrain from speculation and rumour as it will only hinder the search. We thank everybody for their support and assistance over the last nine days, especially Leah's friends and the local community who have devoted time, effort and resources to find her. In the face of our suffering, we vow as family to keep going until Leah is found. On behalf of Leah we thank you all.

Sadly it’s not only Leah missing from Kent recently. Kevin Blackwell 53, missing from the Folkestone area, last seen 9 May.
Tilly Carter 17, is missing from Margate last seen 10 May. All 3 disappearances there are serious welfare concerns. Does seam to be an unusually high number of disappearances from this area,

Sadly it’s not only Leah missing from Kent recently. Kevin Blackwell 53, missing from the Folkestone area, last seen 9 May.
Tilly Carter 17, is missing from Margate last seen 10 May. All 3 disappearances there are serious welfare concerns. Does seam to be an unusually high number of disappearances from this area,
That is intriguing, thank you for bringing it to attention. Do they have threads on here? The lack of coverage is startling, but as we all know by now, it isn't surprising, unfortunately.

Sadly it’s not only Leah missing from Kent recently. Kevin Blackwell 53, missing from the Folkestone area,I last seen 9 May.
:( I saw the appeal for Tilly yesterday, I wasn't aware of Keith. It seems they have a reasonable amount of CCTV of Tilly up to a point, lets hope they are both located soon safe and sound. I always find missing cases very distressing although I have no direct experience of a loved one going missing. Lets hope the week brings Leah, Keith and Tilly Home.

Leah's family have released this statement:

Our youngest Leah went missing nine days ago on Sunday, May 5, and has not been found. For Leah not to have returned home without notifying the family, or any of her friends, is totally out of character. Since her disappearance we continue to work alongside the police but have had no significant updates. A lover and frequent walker of The Warren since childhood, Leah is familiar with the routes and surrounding areas. Extensive searches of sea and land have shown no trace of Leah. No additional information, sightings, CCTV or personal items have been recovered since the busy bank holiday Sunday densely populated with campers, large groups, fishermen, and dog walkers when she went missing. People do not just vanish. Please come forward and contact the police if you have any information. No piece of information is too insignificant. Please refrain from speculation and rumour as it will only hinder the search. We thank everybody for their support and assistance over the last nine days, especially Leah's friends and the local community who have devoted time, effort and resources to find her. In the face of our suffering, we vow as family to keep going until Leah is found. On behalf of Leah we thank you all.

That is so sad to read. I'm glad the family are doing all they can to raise awareness.

That is really odd. Are their pages for the other missing two?

I was just looking at the photo provided of what Leah was wearing, her bag etc and noticed she just had a basic nokia brick phone. It is very unusual these days for a young woman to have such a basic phone isn't it. I don't know if there is any relevance to it, but normally it's an essential these days. This is why her phone can't be traced. wonder if she recently switched phones or provider for a 'social media detox' as they say. just musing really. Come on home Leah please or let someone know your safe.

I was just looking at the photo provided of what Leah was wearing, her bag etc and noticed she just had a basic nokia brick phone. It is very unusual these days for a young woman to have such a basic phone isn't it. I don't know if there is any relevance to it, but normally it's an essential these days. This is why her phone can't be traced. wonder if she recently switched phones or provider for a 'social media detox' as they say. just musing really. Come on home Leah please or let someone know your safe.
Leahs search group on fb Is extremely active and well worth a follow. Some very interesting posts I have found. Yes she only had an old Nokia and an iPod touch. I would say it’s unusual for a 24 yr old girl not to have a smartphone. Leah might be a bit old fashioned like that, is there any SM for her? I can’t find any reference for her. Other people have mentioned the coat being quite warm for the temperatures but I know often being coastal you might get a coolish breeze.

Leahs search group on fb Is extremely active and well worth a follow. Some very interesting posts I have found. Yes she only had an old Nokia and an iPod touch. I would say it’s unusual for a 24 yr old girl not to have a smartphone. Leah might be a bit old fashioned like that, is there any SM for her? I can’t find any reference for her. Other people have mentioned the coat being quite warm for the temperatures but I know often being coastal you might get a coolish breeze.
Its strange she obviously has a lot of friends (judging by the appeals, comments and photographs provided) and normally young people facilitate their social activities by phone and aren't shy in sharing their day to day lives. Some of the photos for example of Leah have obviously been uploaded from Instagram, but with the phone Leah has she can't participate in accessing these apps. I haven't seen any personal SM for her or Tags on instagram from her friends which is why I wondered if she deleted all her social media accounts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back