TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thnx to Emeralgem and Sleuthy1 for the maps. I live on the "front" side of Signal and I'm not very familiar with these other areas. My husband did request that I consider staying off Big Fork Road. No argument there.

I believe LE (and now TBI and Gov. Haslam's office as well) is looking at Gail's case from every possible angle. If they're looking at foul play, and if any new information may be coming from the person of interest they mention, it appears his residence is about 10 minutes from Big Fork Road -- kinda scary, especially when you look at his mug shot and read the account of the 2004 case. I'm not saying nothin about nobody at this point because all I have is a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach to go on. We'll have to see how this unfolds.

It plays into what many locals had said from early on in this case. This is all pure speculation from people whose families have lived here for generations and seem to know a lot, covering many, many years -- I'm a newbie having lived here only 22 years. The old locals fear Gail was killed by someone who lives in this general area. They think he associated with a bunch of similar bad characters and that they liked to hang out at a place run by a close relative of one of the main players in this case. I don't know if we're supposed to repeat speculation from locals in this way, so moderator, please delete if needed. But it has been the consistent theory that I've heard in two months...from dinner parties to the kid who carries out the groceries at Bi-Lo, they believe Gail is gone and that her husband had something to do with it. And, that the jeep was taken to a chop shop (easy for the same bad characters) and had disappeared before Gail was reported missing. Does any of this strike a chord with anyone? Or are the locals telling their tale and we're sitting on ours?

I would love nothing more than for Gail to come home to her children and family. I still believe about 50/50 that she will. I don't think it would matter to anyone if she felt she had to hide or leave for whatever reason. She would be welcomed with open arms and more (old and new) friends than she ever knew she had.

Being local, I have heard the same thing, especially about bad characters associated and the jeep, chop shop theory. Speaking to some that have had personal experiences with this, I know they have checked one that is mostly used to no avail, but unsure if they have leads or have checked on others. I have also heard it could have been pushed over an edge (somewhere) and made to look like an accident, this of course would give hope that GP is still alive. Once again, I've had a feeling it's much more than a divorce, but something that may be illegal and the player's may have been threatening each other, but of course it's rumor and speculation and IMHO I post it.

Ditto on your last paragraph! IMHO

Okay, looking into this a little I think this makes the most sense how to approach.

I'm going to propose a list of categories we may want to find hashtags for based on theories about where the Jeep could be. NOT GAIL. The Jeep. I would like any input if I have missed something obvious that we should be looking at. I'm new at this too, so I'm sure my list won't be all inclusive. Then we can go about trying to compile hashtags that might assist us in targeting that specific point of interest. Some of these are logical and some are just blind guesses.

Major Metropolitan Areas (not counting Chattanooga)

Birmingham
Huntsville

Venues in SE TN, N. AL and N. GA

Large airports
Hotels
Shopping Malls

(places where MP, GP, or another party might have chosen to abandon a vehicle? or where GP could still be using it?)

Hobbyists

bikers
ATV clubs
Jeep enthusiasts
campers

does this sound like a place to start?
(same idea but if the vehicle was abandoned somewhere more rural)

Fabulous! Can we add truckers? And I don't know if there might be differences between campers and campgrounds or additional hashtags that could be used. Would rental garages fit? Or those places you rent a parking space?

Thank you so much, Irish! :blowkiss:

Is anyone here in touch with the people on BGHN personally? The reason I ask is that I'm guessing they have donations/financial resources applied toward finding Gail?

Wonder if someone could suggest to them a FB ad campaign? You can make it as broad or as targeted as you want, I know how to do it, and would show them how if need be. And it doesn't have to be expensive, either.

The difference between having an FB page and an ad campaign is that with a page, you are depending on a person having interest in going to your page. With an ad, you can set it up to target people who have certain other pages liked, like the Chattahoochee National Forest, or a motorcycle club, campground, shopping mall, etc. Then the ad will run on their page.

So for an ad targeting campers you could put a picture of the Jeep with the caption "Campers - Help Find Missing Mom" If they see the ad but don't click on it, you've at least put the thought in their head that a red Jeep is connected to a missing mom and to be alert. If they do click the ad, they can be directed to a flyer that has more specific info. Thoughts?

Great idea! They already have a lot of Likes and could probably get a great campaign going with people helping to post on different Facebook pages. On the different missing person cases I've noticed that people really like to participate in campaigns because it's a way, no matter where they live, or when they have available time, they can do something to help.

RSBM

Seems I remember running into info on the web about a relative of Matt's having this interest in the past. Please don't ask me where, because I don't have a clue where I found it now. fwiw Maybe this is one of the ways Matt's family is helping in finding GP?

Oh I don't know. I don't want to suggest any duplicate efforts, but I have no idea how to find out if they've already got something going. I know absolutely nothing about CBs or Ham radios. I just was looking up trucker stuff and kept seeing both mentioned. I'm not even sure what to Google for to try to find out if something already exists.

Respectfully snipped:

<Yikes, that isn't what we see at the bottom of the mountain (i.e., white water). This is one of the boat launches on Suck Creek Road (there are more), pretty deep water, fishing, etc., we take our 18 foot boat out all the time, it could handle any trailored boat I would imagine. Although this isn't about a boat...but could a vehicle go missing? Absolutely! Did the two-hour water search cover the least bit of this waterway, NO!>

I agree, happy. And let's not forget the storm system as well. Parts of the river (and the lake, for that matter) flooded and then receeded quickly, as did several boat and vehicle access points.

If Gail departed SM for Alabama, I would think it likely she would depart from the S. If she departed from the N, then it seems she would have had to go around and double back (or at least, that would make the most sense directionally) and would be in keeping with the cell ping(s).

If the cell ping information is correct, and if her phone went into the water or was otherwise destroyed somewhere in the radius of the last ping- then it's possible it could have traveled from the bottom of SM (headed into Chattanooga), all the way around to the back side of SM... which would explain the loss of pings. (?!)
The same would be true if Gail's phone or vehicle entered the river at any of the access points S of SM.

Wait- did I just confuse everyone??

LOL...from the last ping at the bottom north end of the mountain...signal mountain road/suck creek road (where the river is also), where from there? I didn't get the phone or the jeep traveling around the back side? sorry...:waitasec:

Well, I just sorta took it. I did give credit though. :D

It wasn't an EXACT copy. I'll negotiate with Happy if I need to.

Pearl* I just noticed it! I think we should be uniform...I like your additions!

Confused, it's done in the profile portion, signature section. My HOPE FOR GAIL is the actual link to the facebook page embedded. Share on!! :great:

Confused, it's done in the profile portion, signature section. My HOPE FOR GAIL is the actual link to the facebook page embedded. Share on!! :great:

Thank you!

Please correct me If I'm wrong but my understanding is F.Lee was saying many of the old locals believe MP is somehow involved.. They are saying they believe Gail was killed by someone local to the area and this person is associated with other shady people who like to hang out at some sort of establshment that is owned by a close relative of one of the main players in Gail's case..
For me... Murder-for hire does indeed come to mind...JMHO

You know what? I was reading F. Lee's post wrong! *smacks head* I thought it said that the locals thought MP had "nothing" to do with it, but instead it says "something" to do with it. I misunderstood.

Sorry to both of you, F.Lee and Emeraldgem. :doh: :back:
That's what I get for reading too fast - my bifocals get me into trouble.

Well, I don't know how to make it embedded. I'm okay with leaving it as is, but I would like to make it turn blue so it would be a link. Is that easy? I'm about on information overload. That twitter stuff is a whole different language. :banghead:

Well, I don't know how to make it embedded. I'm okay with leaving it as is, but I would like to make it turn blue so it would be a link. Is that easy? I'm about on information overload. That twitter stuff is a whole different language. :banghead:

lol...the most I tweet is to the bird!

To embed, I just highlighted the words, then click the world icon on the tool bar where it will 'insert link'. A small window comes up and you paste it there. That should do it! I had to highlight the words and make them blue(ish) in color to appear a link, it didn't act like a normal link does here, so added to 'click here' to remove all doubt. :thumb:

To embed, I just highlighted the words, then click the world icon on the tool bar where it will 'insert link'. A small window comes up and you paste it there. That should do it! I had to highlight the words and make them blue(ish) in color to appear a link, it didn't act like a normal link does here, so added to 'click here' to remove all doubt. :thumb:

[bbm]

World icon? I don't have a world icon. Does this mean I'm in the twilight zone? I think so.

:eek:fftobed:

Do we know if the car was in Gail's name or Matt's?

Irish....

I also was wondering about the jeep registration. I get the idea it may have been Gail's alone but not sure...does anyone know?

If they haven't already, I was thinking that LE could find-out if monthly payments are still being made for it, that is if it was bought or leased with a loan. Also, was wondering about the jeep insurance, i.e. if a claim has been made, cancellation requested, etc.

snipped by me...the jeep, chop shop theory. Speaking to some that have had personal experiences with this, I know they have checked one that is mostly used to no avail, but unsure if they have leads or have checked on others.

Wonder if anyone in LE or others have been looking for 2010 Jeep Rubicon parts on Craig's List or EBay, etc...or the jeep intact, for that matter??

To all of you who are brain storming on how get the info out there to find Gail and her jeep. A job well done, you all rock.:rocker: <-- I just so wanted a reason to use that little guy LOL

I did start trying to click the thankyou button but decided just to say well done via a post. :)

Lets bring Gail home :grouphug:

Wonder if anyone in LE or others have been looking for 2010 Jeep Rubicon parts on Craig's List or EBay, etc...or the jeep intact, for that matter??

On eBay, filtering down to results for used parts being sold within 200 miles of Signal Mountain you get 13 hits, only one of which is for a used part sold off of a 2010 Jeep Rubicon, a bumper which was the wrong color.

Searching for whole Jeeps would be difficult because it's probably got a paint job by now, but I'll get the VIN from fireflylink and check tomorrow.

[bbm]

World icon? I don't have a world icon. Does this mean I'm in the twilight zone? I think so.

:eek:fftobed:

lol....I need to be the above icon...but it's the globe with what looks like a paperclip on the bottom...hahaha, I bet that REALLY helps!! Look under the smilies button, it's left of the crossed out paperclip! Run your mouse across them and it's the one that represents <Insert Link> :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea